Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:53:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer CoinDomains.net and Goilio  (Read 1373 times)
RandomQ (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:50:14 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 03:54:37 AM by RandomQ

It looks like this guy has scammed a few members on here, and now his website is down.

I did transfer 1 domain name to his company for webhosting, I'm going to attempt to contact his registar and attempt to get back control of my domain.

I will update this thread with any progress

I have been able to regain control of my domain name.

So I was able to complete my business with him.

I've gotten a few PM's about Goilio reversing some paypal trades for bitcoins.

I will leave this thread open if anyone else wants to post about that or has problems getting back there domains.

It appears that he got in over his head, and coindomains.net was profitable like he thought it was going to be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gbl08ma

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 07:11:59 PM

I transferred a domain to CoinDomains not long ago. I am/was happy with the service - the transfer completed and my domain is working. Their website is down on my side, too.

Before transferring the domain, I expressed my concern in an email I sent to admin at coindomains.net: "If for some reason Coin Domains goes out of business in the next year, what would happen to my domain?". In a reply, it was explained to me that...

In regards to Coin Domains closing, the likelihood of it happening is very low. Even so, it's good to have backup plans. As such we have a system were if our admin panel does not get logged into for 2 weeks, an automated message is sent out to all clients with details on how to recover domains.

I'm not sure how well that system works if their server is fully down - and of course it may be complete marketing/scamming BS. According to the status and authorization request emails I received while the transfer was being processed, I understood Coin Domains was a reseller of Internet.bs, at least for the .com domains:
Internet.bs Corp. has received a request from Coin Domains on September 5, 2012 for us to become the new registrar of record.
(Internet.bs is a fairly well-known and established registrar with great prices. I'd have gone with them if I wasn't paying in bitcoins.)
Assuming that two-weeks-timeout recovery system is not a lie, that the "admin panel" and timeout-recovery-system is the one on Internet.bs side, and that nobody logins into that panel for the next two weeks, then I think we should all receive an email from Internet.bs asking us what to do with the domains, in two weeks.

I'm assuming that Coin Domains simply used Internet.bs' reseller API: https://internetbs.net/ResellerRegistrarDomainNameAPI/
It mentions no recovery system, but (and since at least my domain has already been paid, or it would have gone down already) the domains are paid so I wonder what Internet.bs can do if a reseller goes out of business. IMHO, ideally they should be able to transfer the domain to an internet.bs account of your own, free of charge, so you could manage your domain.

RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 08:09:06 PM

I already have contacted Internet.bs about making sure my domain doesn't get transferred off Internet.bs

Yea I got the same information from him about the auto transfer, I should of verified it with the registrar first.

I'm just worried about him selling my domain since it was a transfer, and is maybe 10 years old and worth at least $500 in today's domain market...lol

If I get an reseller account,I may offer it as a service to bitcointalk members.

I only figured out the site was down because someone else contacted me, if I knew any info about the guy because they got scammed for a bitcoin to PP trade.
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 11:18:56 PM

From an email from coindomains.net

Hello everyone,

Recently a security flaw was found in WHMCS (the script that we were using). Due to this out VPS provider shut down our VPS so that their could be no security breach. This was not requested by me.
Somehow in the process of shutting it down they have managed to delete the VPS. I have been in contact with them and they can not recover it.

To me this seems like the perfect time to tell everyone that this service was not financially viable in it's past capacity. This does not mean I will not be supporting current clients, I will be but only via email.
I will be working with everyone one on one to find the best end result for everyone involved.

From what I can determine there are three options:
You keep your domain with me and I will continue to support it via email.
Create a free account on internetbs.net and I will push the domain to your account. (Giving you full control over the domain 24/7)
Transfer the domain to another register. (Normally costs)
Of course if you choose to transfer it to your own account on internetbs.net I will gladly help you renew it with bitcoins.

Thank you for your understanding and support,
Brendan
gbl08ma

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 09:54:17 PM

Recently a security flaw was found in WHMCS (the script that we were using). Due to this out VPS provider shut down our VPS so that their could be no security breach. This was not requested by me.

I only hope this flaw and VPS shutdown aren't caused by the use of nulled WHMCS... any way, it's gone.

gbl08ma

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 07:13:33 PM

It wasn't , if you would like verification I can send you the receipt from the purchase of the license.

I don't need it, I believe you (specially because it isn't all that important now, whether you bought the license or not). I just remembered of that because I read a web hosting forum where lots of people try to use nulled software and then their servers get suspended, and go cry in others' shoulders...

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 07:55:02 PM

How do you know Goilio is the same person?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
RandomQ (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 03:57:35 AM

How do you know Goilio is the same person?

His Coindomain thread  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99727.0

I got my domain back, so I'm happy.

I know i got a few PMs about some of his trades getting reversed and asking for info about him,but I don't know anything about them
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 01:26:39 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2012, 03:21:17 PM by BCB

RandomQ  Just saw this thread.

Goilio was  is a MAJOR paypal scammer.

EDIT: he has since paid me and another user in full.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: