Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:46:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: collector's set of graded Lealana Bitcions (sold)  (Read 785 times)
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:03:25 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 11:58:00 AM by Pistachio

Gaging interest in a collector's set of Lealana Bitcoins. Both the #1 Bitcoin set and the first individually sold silver/gold 1BTC #500. The grades range from MS67 to MS69, but they are best viewed as a set. No rush to sell, PM or post any offers. Escrow always accepted.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 01:27:42 PM

I am offering 2x face value (3.52BTC) for the #1 series of Lealana coins. That offer is not including the #500 coin.
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:33:21 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 05:19:40 PM by Pistachio

I am offering 2x face value (3.52BTC) for the #1 series of Lealana coins. That offer is not including the #500 coin.

Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for a higher offer. Smoothie is still selling these marked buyer funded for 4BTC plus shipping if you load them.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 01:37:13 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for a higher offer. Smoothie is still selling these marked buyer funded for 4BTC plus shipping if you load them.

Well, they get auctioned non-stop here...not like anyone pays retail for them. Give me a ballpark price you are looking for? Something like no offers under xxx will be accepted type thing.
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:08:57 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 05:55:34 PM by Pistachio

Well, they get auctioned non-stop here...not like anyone pays retail for them. Give me a ballpark price you are looking for? Something like no offers under xxx will be accepted type thing.

Edit: I understand your position, but I have to disagree with you that the 4 coin Lealana Bitcoin set is being auctioned "non-stop here". There have been only three auctions by Smoothie spread out over the past year and a half. You are welcome to make additional offers by posting here or by PM.  
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 03:37:52 PM

I have to agree with Blazed on this. Although Smoothies coins are really nice, they are literally flogged on here and sold at a fraction of their RRP.
Habing been said, there is still some demand for his original coins (those sold before he stopped and resumed business) and those fetch a higher premium so in this case a bit over 2x face value is probably reasonable to ask for especially considering the grade.
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 04:41:03 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 05:56:39 PM by Pistachio

I have to agree with Blazed on this. Although Smoothies coins are really nice, they are literally flogged on here and sold at a fraction of their RRP.
Habing been said, there is still some demand for his original coins (those sold before he stopped and resumed business) and those fetch a higher premium so in this case a bit over 2x face value is probably reasonable to ask for especially considering the grade.

Edit: I respectfully disagree with your (and Blazedout419's) comparison of this first edition graded set to the recent influx of '40 brass 0.1btc coins' being auctioned by Smoothie. I don't think I have seen a higher grade for these coins by ANACS. You are welcome to make an offer in this form or by PM.  
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:54:52 PM

Edit: I respectfully disagree with your (and Blazedout419's) comparison of this first edition graded set to the recent influx of '40 brass 0.1btc coins' being auctioned by Smoothie. I don't think I have seen a higher grade for these coins by ANACS. You are welcome to make an offer in this form or by PM.  

I should actually apologise. I didn't realise Blazed's offer was for the set (minus the one). My bad.
I agree with you that there definitely should be a premium on this a) because it's set #1 and b) because it's from the original batch and not the post-resuming business batch.
However, I still stand by what I said about the demand and price for his coins falling since the recent abundance of auctions. Even though this is as pointed out, an original set. Because the market has become so saturated with buyer-funded coins (and it's not just the brass coins but there's been a bunch of different auction types for both the Bitcoin and lealana range), the coins just don't have that pull factor anymore...

But yes, since Blazed's offer was for the set I do agree 2x face value is a bit low. I guess we'll just have to see what offers come in and what the market decide the price to be. If it's too low then I'd say keep them. Having the #1 set is pretty cool!

Anyway, good luck with the sale Smiley
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

I should actually apologise. I didn't realise Blazed's offer was for the set (minus the one). My bad.
I agree with you that there definitely should be a premium on this a) because it's set #1 and b) because it's from the original batch and not the post-resuming business batch.
However, I still stand by what I said about the demand and price for his coins falling since the recent abundance of auctions. Even though this is as pointed out, an original set. Because the market has become so saturated with buyer-funded coins (and it's not just the brass coins but there's been a bunch of different auction types for both the Bitcoin and lealana range), the coins just don't have that pull factor anymore...

But yes, since Blazed's offer was for the set I do agree 2x face value is a bit low. I guess we'll just have to see what offers come in and what the market decide the price to be. If it's too low then I'd say keep them. Having the #1 set is pretty cool!

Anyway, good luck with the sale Smiley

Well obviously you do not start the bidding out high Tongue I am interested int he set only because it is #1 (I already have all those coins). I will sit back and see what offers you get and go from there.
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:34:31 PM

Well obviously you do not start the bidding out high Tongue I am interested int he set only because it is #1 (I already have all those coins). I will sit back and see what offers you get and go from there.

I appreciate the interest. I will add that I am open to trades. 
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:36:48 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 11:58:45 AM by Pistachio

Sold.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: