Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek election results, Sep 2015  (Read 751 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:04:24 PM

More than 30% of the votes have been counted till now. SYRIZA leading with 35.41% of the vote, while it seems that the rebel Popular Unity (Λαϊκή Eνότητα) will fail to enter the parliament. Projections as of now are:

http://ekloges.ypes.gr/current/v/public/index.html

SYRIZA - 145 seats
ND - 75
Golden Dawn - 19
PASOK - 17
KKE - 15
To Potami - 10
Independent Greeks - 10
Union of Centrists - 9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:22:58 PM

figures. despite voting no to the memorandum over 60% of greeks are cowards who believe they should remain in the euro at any price. they will get the government they deserve.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:36:39 PM

figures. despite voting no to the memorandum over 60% of greeks are cowards who believe they should remain in the euro at any price. they will get the government they deserve.

Hmmm.... the only party which was clearly anti-Euro was the Popular Unity (Λαϊκή Eνότητα), which was formed by the rebel MPs from the SYRIZA. They are currently polling some 2.82% of the votes (3% is needed to enter the parliament). Before the elections, they had around 25 legislators. So this will be a huge loss for the rebels.
Kolla

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:38:58 PM

Pfff, I guess that in a few months there will be new Greek Elections...
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:06:22 PM

Greek elections is a scam. The invisible goverment of Greece is the Freemasonry. Read more here:

http://www.eleysis-ellinwn.gr/el/articles/nea_taxi_pragmaton/masonia/h_xounta_tis_masonias_kai_h_apati_ton_eklogon.html
saddampbuh
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:46:26 PM

Hmmm.... the only party which was clearly anti-Euro was the Popular Unity (Λαϊκή Eνότητα), which was formed by the rebel MPs from the SYRIZA. They are currently polling some 2.82% of the votes (3% is needed to enter the parliament). Before the elections, they had around 25 legislators. So this will be a huge loss for the rebels.
meant golden dawn not those syriza under a different name idiots

there is no need for them as this vote accurately reflects the feelings of most greeks. stay in the euro no matter what. more than 60% were telling this to pollsters the same week they voted in the referendum to reject the bailout. that's why there was no serious rioting or outcry against tsipras when he capitulated. the germans were well aware of this and there was no way they were going to be the ones to blink. the greeks have become a cowardly race of people who make me almost ashamed of my blood.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:14:51 AM

That was disappointing. Was expecting Popular Unity to do much better than that. But there are other parties that are anti-eu. Or at least euro skeptic. Golden dawn on the right like saddampbuh said. And the KKE on the left for example.

there is no need for them as this vote accurately reflects the feelings of most greeks. stay in the euro no matter what. more than 60% were telling this to pollsters the same week they voted in the referendum to reject the bailout. that's why there was no serious rioting or outcry against tsipras when he capitulated.

You are probably right. But a lot of it was also people being disillusioned and giving up after the no vote and the capitulation. This election had only 55% voter turnout for example. Which is maybe the lowest they had until now.
apollofire

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:51:38 AM

Thats very good news. Hope Greece is on the recovery road now. Thanks for the posting.

I am still Selling.

Email: thecableguy.livetv@gmail.com
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:46:30 PM

That was disappointing. Was expecting Popular Unity to do much better than that. But there are other parties that are anti-eu. Or at least euro skeptic. Golden dawn on the right like saddampbuh said. And the KKE on the left for example.

Golden Dawn was anti-EU until a month ago. But right now, they are fiercely pro-EU. KKE is anti-Euro, but they will not be a part of the government, just like the Golden Dawn. So it doesn't count at all. But I was surprised by the fact that Popular Unity failed to enter the parliament. I was expecting some 5% to 10% of the votes for them.
saddampbuh
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:06:58 AM

Golden Dawn was anti-EU until a month ago. But right now, they are fiercely pro-EU. KKE is anti-Euro, but they will not be a part of the government, just like the Golden Dawn. So it doesn't count at all. But I was surprised by the fact that Popular Unity failed to enter the parliament. I was expecting some 5% to 10% of the votes for them.
where did you hear that? golden dawn are stil anti eu

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:08:44 AM

Given the current climate I would not put it past them
Can't remember how many elections it's already been over the past few 5 years but that number is not a few.

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:14:46 AM

where did you hear that? golden dawn are stil anti eu

Also don't know where he heard that. What I read somewhere was that they had left their anti eu stance out of these elections and focused instead on anti austerity and anti immigration. But that was done to get more votes from people unhappy with other parties and looking for other alternatives. Not because they suddenly changed their minds a month ago.

You are probably right. But a lot of it was also people being disillusioned and giving up after the no vote and the capitulation. This election had only 55% voter turnout for example. Which is maybe the lowest they had until now.

That disillusionment seems to be part of planning these days. The anti Iraq war protests where the most obvious example, biggest global protests in history achieved practically nothing, message: Don't waste your time protesting. Greece, a clear "no" to another bailout, message: Don't waste your time voting.

Short term the usual suspects gain an advantage but at a big cost to credibility, being forced to use a questionable currency encourages adoption of alternatives and being forced into silence encourages... Easy money helped pacify that and many other issues the last time around but the credibility of easy money has gone up in smoke so what's the next step? Probably a "European Spring" with those same usual suspects pulling the strings in the worst case but they have plenty of other tricks up their sleeves before it gets to that.

Don't know if the people in power have that much foresight. Or if they are only going along trusting the public is too busy and divided to do anything. But one thing that can change that is pushing for better economic policies. And a decrease in inequality so more people can participate in society and the political system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: