Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resource allocation for high efficiency society  (Read 878 times)
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:13:21 PM

I opened this thread to continue discussion from another thread, there I found several very interesting statement

AbelsFire: human's inherent inability to predict the future
A very good statement, I think we do not need to predict that much, 40 years are enough. Long term unpredictable and short term predictable, I don't think there will be a lot of change, since the human nature has never changed or very difficult to change in a human's life time, most of the changes are technology related

AbelsFire: The most we can say is that if people are free to trade voluntarily for mutual benefit the solutions they will arrive at will tend to be optimal.
Another great statement, I do not think that "optimal" is enough good, since it leads to very uneven distribution of wealth

Fjordbit:But who here want's to argue in slavery's favor simply because it has economic benefits?
Salvery is always there, it just has been moved from human to oil, minerals, electricity and program, since they do not fight for their own rights Cheesy

Imagine that in the future, every one owns several robots, then those robots are actually their slaves, some of these people will abuse them and eventually lose them, while some others will utilize them very well and buy more of them, finally there will be an uneven distribution of robots, the same as wealth distribution today, so technology is not the cause of uneven distribution of wealth

Most of the economic theory is trying to optimize the utilization of scarce resource, but when there is aboudant of resource or over production, currently there is no good theory on how these products will be allocated to keep the efficiency high (If you allocate the products to low productivity people, then the producers will get discouraged, if you allocate the resource using market, as described above, some people will lose everything while some others get super rich)

I think entertainment will be the future job, people should work less and spend more time on entertainment and creating new entertainment products, but that require a change in the current salary based system

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:32:23 PM

In my mental model I don't see entertainment, being a big part of life. Entertainment is a distraction from whatever life is.   

To your point of wealth allocation I agree 100%, I would like to add an addition, wealth is the result of good stewardship (taking care of property) and saving (consuming less than you need in the present to have more than you need in the future). Everyone can do it! It is nurture not nature and easier to learn than language.

Natural selection should take care of the people who learn to be good stewards and save.

If parasitic behavior goes unnoticed or is allowed to perpetuate, those who erode savings or destroy the fruits of labor are decaying the system. 

We live with false memes today, one that perpetuates economic slavery and parasitic behaviors. (I don't want to discuss them here because it is debatable, and flies in the face of most flavors of Libertarianism, and I dont have time or energy)

I think it is a conclusion one needs to come to by thinking and contemplating the problem. - one hint Bitcoin is also a meme and it has the potential to erode or expose the other problematic memes.

This community is so appreciated I feel it is on the cutting edge of our near future so thank you all for contributing I love your input.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:48:30 PM

Being a practical person I was skeptical of the principals of "being" in the book A New Earth I could not see the real means to achieving prosperity and reconciling the result of being.

I can now in my mind reconciled a free market economy with prosperity and the principals of being described in the book mentions above.

"AbelsFire" comments in this and past quotes have helped me understand how and why things will change:
"The most we can say is that if people are free to trade voluntarily for mutual benefit the solutions they will arrive at will tend to be optimal"
Optimal is open for interpretation (and feared by most) I think it may look something like the vision described in "A New Earth"

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
johnyj (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:10:28 PM

Natural selection should take care of the people who learn to be good stewards and save.

If parasitic behavior goes unnoticed or is allowed to perpetuate, those who erode savings or destroy the fruits of labor are decaying the system. 

The uneveness is not caused by people's different behavior, it is caused by people's different ability, and that partly have something to do with family background, but mostly related to how a baby's body/brain was developed when he/she was still stay in the body of the mother

There are laws preventing people robbing others using force, but there are no way to preventing people robbing others using intelligence, although the intelligence difference between people can be much bigger than physics difference

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: