Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:35:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Point of Sale - WalletBit  (Read 3869 times)
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 05:27:43 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2012, 09:20:38 PM by Kris

So I am getting along quite nicely with Bitcoin Point of Sale system to allow brick-and-mortar stores accept bitcoin.

I would like some feedback in terms of design and features. I need some inspiration Wink, you are welcome to click around and I will hold your suggestions in high regard.

Thanks!

https://walletbit.com/pos/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 05:33:24 PM

1 word FANFUCKINGTASTIC!

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:41:54 PM

Make sure that the person using that can run there own server, so they can run it on an intranet and just point my browser to that instead of going over the internet. It is a security thing. I would rather see a native app, so you can build in more security, cause if I ran a man in the middle would I be able to get enough stuff to build a url and login to empty the wallet?
Also how are you storing the wallet for these in a hot wallet, or in a cold wallet?

The design is ok, not the best. I think the dark grey and light grey should be scrapped, and should be more of different colors they are too close together. The greens on the buttons are very different from the green on the + button maybe make those the same, plus the green is a little bright for the grey and black design.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:48:31 PM

As much as I think gweedo is a turdumus maxumus he brings up some great questions, but over all the idea is GREAT!

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:20:29 PM

Make sure that the person using that can run there own server, so they can run it on an intranet and just point my browser to that instead of going over the internet. It is a security thing. I would rather see a native app, so you can build in more security, cause if I ran a man in the middle would I be able to get enough stuff to build a url and login to empty the wallet?

I see your point, but with the security practices we employ at WalletBit, I don't foresee this to be the biggest problem. You will not be able to built an url or perform man in the middle attack very easy because of xss and csrf protection. I won't say you can't, but it will be very hard to perform this action. You might be thinking of InstaWallet or similar, where you get a unique url to your bitcoin wallet?

It is built on top of WalletBit so you have all the security enhancements in placed from there, which includes Secure Card and Google Authenticator two-factor auth.

Also how are you storing the wallet for these in a hot wallet, or in a cold wallet?

There will be daily deposit of your accumulated balance to your bank account, so you could call it an enhanced cold wallet?

The design is ok, not the best. I think the dark grey and light grey should be scrapped, and should be more of different colors they are too close together. The greens on the buttons are very different from the green on the + button maybe make those the same, plus the green is a little bright for the grey and black design.

Noted, thank you!

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:21:20 PM

As much as I think gweedo is a turdumus maxumus he brings up some great questions, but over all the idea is GREAT!

Don't know what a turdumus maxumus is  Cheesy, but indeed to the rest.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:26:16 PM

Kris,

Very slick. I'll check it out.  Let me know if you need beta-testing.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:36:54 PM

If this works would you look for sales reps like they do for CC processors and pay a %? Like some CC processors do a service if you refer a service and sign up they pay you X percent of the fee would you be willing to do this? I live in a popular vacation spot and I would try to help you do this for a % like the CC providers do.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:39:47 PM

Kris,

Very slick. I'll check it out.  Let me know if you need beta-testing.

Yes I would adore a little beta testing. But probably not until another month or so. There are still a lot of things that needs to be developed and finished up. But as I said, it is going quite nicely.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:40:30 PM

If this works would you look for sales reps like they do for CC processors and pay a %? Like some CC processors do a service if you refer a service and sign up they pay you X percent of the fee would you be willing to do this? I live in a popular vacation spot and I would try to help you do this for a % like the CC providers do.

Yes.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:41:29 PM

Email me to, I would like to test aswell.
Great this is exactly the kind of thing bitcoin needs to go wild!

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:46:40 PM

Email me to, I would like to test aswell.
Great this is exactly the kind of thing bitcoin needs to go wild!

Will do when the time comes. Thank you.

Yes I think it is what's needed. And my plan is to work towards this goal. I think that Merchant Solutions like BitPay, MtGox and WalletBit pretty much covered the whole spectrum of online bitcoin processing and web-shop eCommerce and it is time to move on to the landscape or in others words real POS solutions based on hardware to be setup in stores.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 12:32:21 AM

Beautiful design work - really loving this Smiley
coincollectingenterprises

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 01:01:29 AM

Friendly advice:

One of the BIGGEST things to remember in the merchant services field is that companies that are brick and mortar usually have early termination fees for leaving behind their old service (at least here in the States). So it may be advantageous to note in your website that your services are complimentary to existing merchant setups and do not require the customer to leave their pre existing services.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 02:16:40 AM

Friendly advice:

One of the BIGGEST things to remember in the merchant services field is that companies that are brick and mortar usually have early termination fees for leaving behind their old service (at least here in the States). So it may be advantageous to note in your website that your services are complimentary to existing merchant setups and do not require the customer to leave their pre existing services.

Good call.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:02:16 AM

Beautiful design work - really loving this Smiley

Thanks.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:13:26 AM

Friendly advice:

Good idea, truly noted. I was also suggested that I'll make it work with existing solutions, so this is where I am currently heading.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 06:40:11 AM

Yes.

Count me in too. I would love to do this for a living.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 11:20:47 AM

Yes.

Count me in too. I would love to do this for a living.

Ok.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:21:28 PM

Friendly advice:

Good call.

Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: