Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We don't have enough ridiculous threads about BFL.  (Read 3256 times)
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 05:53:27 AM

BUT everyone is missing the important question....
Will it blend?
that must be worth its own ridiculous thread  Grin Wink Grin Shocked Roll Eyes Grin Roll Eyes Tongue Shocked

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 06:18:23 AM

Clearly BFL_Josh/inaba cares very little about most people's opinion of the company he represents. He's over trolling BTCFPGA's thread just now.  Cool

A sustainable business model is about building and maintaining long term relationships, not quick cash grabs produced by vaporware products months prior to (re)scheduled release.

Bottom line is they have a slew of customers on hand now because they were first to open their pre-order window(way way too early for my liking, but just MO). If they deliver a quality product on time then most will overlook the thoroughly unprofessional nature of their reps. If however it comes down to a choice between multiple competing companies with similar product lines then the poor public image they seem to embrace could well become the deciding factor for many. I imagine there will be some unhappy BFL customers if they paid for a product months ago with the understanding that it'd be shipped in October and someone else beats them to the punch. Yet given their history of delays that's a very real possibility.

All I truly know is that I have $100 at stake here. I put money where my mouth is. I told Josh that I would donate a $100 to a charity of his choice when BFL delivers the pre-orders. Josh was kind enough to offer up EFF, but I did read in a post by him that he may now have reservations about that choice. He's free to change his choice at any time.

~Bruno K~
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:14:11 PM

You can watch Inaba be a douchebag all day in this thread over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79637.1160

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
squeept (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:44:44 PM

I'd be trolling 24/7 if I had to put up with the constant onslaught they have to deal with.

I think anyone posting anything ASIC related should be banned until one is released.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:17:06 PM

(comment about BFL being a scam).  (Speculation about difficulty).  (Tongue-in-cheek smartass remark). Cheesy

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
squeept (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:19:29 PM

Can I use a bitcoin ASIC to mine for palladium?

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:41:15 PM

I'd be trolling 24/7 if I had to put up with the constant onslaught they have to deal with.

Seems inaba feels similarly. As a small business owner and employee I've been personally and professionally attacked many times and haven't resorted to mud slinging, name calling, or trolling. It solves nothing and simply exacerbates the problem. I've also never knowingly represented a company with an officer that's a convicted fraudster either.  Roll Eyes

I think anyone posting anything ASIC related should be banned until one is released.

I trust you're not serious. Huh Unless I logged onto the wrong website, this IS a discussion forum. There are many many scammers here abouts AND BFL does have a whole lot of other people's funds, combined with a track record that's ummm...rather suspect to say the least.

creativex

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:42:53 PM

Can I use a bitcoin ASIC to mine for palladium?

Nope. However if you ask nicely the local muffler shop MAY let you go through their scrap looking for catalytic converters. Tongue

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:28:58 AM

Should I start another one about how they wont let me upgrade my Jale orders to a Little SC with Bitcoin?

Upgrades are Pay Pal only for god knows why  Huh
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:13:47 AM

Should I start another one about how they wont let me upgrade my Jale orders to a Little SC with Bitcoin?

Upgrades are Pay Pal only for god knows why  Huh

Do what I did,convert BTC to paypal by:

https://fastcash4bitcoins.com/Default.aspx

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 03:21:37 AM

Yes, trolling the bASIC thread by asking what his power requirements are going to be and also what "competitive" means.  Yes, that's certainly trolling alright!  And this only AFTER Tom invited me to comment in his thread by making statements about our power usage that are ... shall we say ... less than factual?  I wouldn't have even posted in the thread if Tom hadn't made the request.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:37:10 AM

Yes, trolling the bASIC thread by asking what his power requirements are going to be and also what "competitive" means.  Yes, that's certainly trolling alright!  And this only AFTER Tom invited me to comment in his thread by making statements about our power usage that are ... shall we say ... less than factual?  I wouldn't have even posted in the thread if Tom hadn't made the request.
I personally don't have a problem with you calling him out on his claims that you were less than truthful with your specs. I prolly would have done the same. However, your flaw is you don't know when to shut up. Wink

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 04:40:31 AM

I personally don't have a problem with you calling him out on his claims that you were less than truthful with your specs. I prolly would have done the same. However, your flaw is you don't know when to shut up. Wink

Crazy's got a point. I wouldn't necessarily call Inaba a troll, but I'd say he enjoys feeding them WAY too much. Seriously dude, you have way too much fun on these forums for your own good - and that's coming from someone who really likes BFL and their products, not one of the haters. Just... y'know... take it down a notch? Grin
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:32:00 AM

Yes, trolling the bASIC thread by asking what his power requirements are going to be and also what "competitive" means.  Yes, that's certainly trolling alright!  And this only AFTER Tom invited me to comment in his thread by making statements about our power usage that are ... shall we say ... less than factual?  I wouldn't have even posted in the thread if Tom hadn't made the request.

Crazy's got a point. I wouldn't necessarily call Inaba a troll, but I'd say he enjoys feeding them WAY too much. Seriously dude, you have way too much fun on these forums for your own good - and that's coming from someone who really likes BFL and their products, not one of the haters. Just... y'know... take it down a notch? Grin

I totally agree.   Please take it down a notch, Inaba ... at least until the first ASIC ships. Upon first shipment of ASICs, a middle finger for all douche bags will be in order.  But until then, wouldn't it be better to focus efforts on resolving supply chain/ marketing/ BFL website issues?  I am sure there are more serious things than this forum - in the meantime, let the douche nozzles spray what they will.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 12:52:23 PM

Yes, trolling the bASIC thread by asking what his power requirements are going to be and also what "competitive" means.  Yes, that's certainly trolling alright!  And this only AFTER Tom invited me to comment in his thread by making statements about our power usage that are ... shall we say ... less than factual?  I wouldn't have even posted in the thread if Tom hadn't made the request.
I totally agree.   Please take it down a notch, Inaba ... at least until the first ASIC ships. Upon first shipment of ASICs, a middle finger for all douche bags will be in order.  But until then, wouldn't it be better to focus efforts on resolving supply chain/ marketing/ BFL website issues?  I am sure there are more serious things than this forum - in the meantime, let the douche nozzles spray what they will.
LOL +1

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:24:48 AM

Clearly BFL_Josh/inaba cares very little about most people's opinion of the company he represents. He's over trolling BTCFPGA's thread just now.  Cool

A sustainable business model is about building and maintaining long term relationships, not quick cash grabs produced by vaporware products months prior to (re)scheduled release.

Bottom line is they have a slew of customers on hand now because they were first to open their pre-order window(way way too early for my liking, but just MO). If they deliver a quality product on time then most will overlook the thoroughly unprofessional nature of their reps. If however it comes down to a choice between multiple competing companies with similar product lines then the poor public image they seem to embrace could well become the deciding factor for many. I imagine there will be some unhappy BFL customers if they paid for a product months ago with the understanding that it'd be shipped in October and someone else beats them to the punch. Yet given their history of delays that's a very real possibility.

Actually having Inaba abusing people is a plus in my book. We're geeks, all the insanely bad customer service will (and should) be overlooked as long as they keep delivering bleeding edge tech to their customers.

creativex

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 07:15:55 PM

Does ANYONE have a current estimate on when this current bleeding edge technology from BFL will ship? I've seen estimates from early-mid OCT(old) to early DEC(new) and nearly everything in between. Given the halving of block rewards coming in December an accurate schedule seems rather important.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 07:33:56 PM

Does ANYONE have a current estimate on when this current bleeding edge technology from BFL will ship? I've seen estimates from early-mid OCT(old) to early DEC(new) and nearly everything in between. Given the halving of block rewards coming in December an accurate schedule seems rather important.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/faq/

Payments made for pre-orders of ASIC based products now under development should be considered non-refundable until products begin shipping or 1 January 2013, whichever is earlier.

With no refunds till January, sounds like they're confident they'll ship in late December.

Buy & Hold
creativex

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 08:00:30 PM

I suspect there will be a whole bunch of properly PO'd peeps if they can't get them out the door till mid-late December. They could easily be second or third to market with that timetable after accepting pre-orders and proclaiming Oct as their release date way back in June(?) Earlier? 

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 08:44:12 PM

Actually having Inaba abusing people is a plus in my book. We're geeks, all the insanely bad customer service will (and should) be overlooked as long as they keep delivering bleeding edge tech to their customers.

so, what has been delivered so far?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: