Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama issues executive order claiming power to seize Americans' bank accounts  (Read 3479 times)
Choroid Plexus (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 05:28:50 AM

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/13196-another-obama-executive-order-allows-seizure-of-americans%E2%80%99-bank-accounts

I guess this type of thing is why cryptocurrencies exist.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 05:58:07 AM

exactly why I'm voting for Romney.. have to get this tyrant out of office!

poop!
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:27:28 AM

Because having a way to stop a person with the means and motive to be a flight risk is always bad.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2112

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 04:14:05 PM

Because having a way to stop a person with the means and motive to be a flight risk is always bad.

Judicial oversight is such a drag.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:29:12 PM

I wish I could vote for Romney...
...but since I have an above average IQ, college education, a good job, above average reasoning skills, lack of substantial amounts of money, and I live in a diverse northern State, looks like I'm going to stick with Obama.  Cheesy

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 04:43:57 PM

...but since I have an above average IQ, college education, a good job, above average reasoning skills, lack of substantial amounts of money, and I live in a diverse northern State, looks like I'm going to stick with Obama.  Cheesy

So, you have all those things going for you, and still you vote for Obama? I believe you're lying about, at minimum, the IQ and reasoning skills.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:06:13 PM

So, you have all those things going for you, and still you vote for Obama? I believe you're lying about, at minimum, the IQ and reasoning skills.

Meh, believe what you want, I have no reason to lie.

I've watched all the primaries and debates...read all the articles and checked all the facts. Both sides have had their problems, but after seeing what Romney has said and done I just can't justify voting for him. He keeps spouting off the same spiel about 'jobs, tax cuts, and the economy', but he's just selling snake oil. If it was so easy to magically balance the budget, don't you think it would have been done by now?

The plans Obama has put in place during his term have a) helped get me healthcare, and b) helped lower my student loan payments by consolidating with the department of Ed. And now his JOBS Act will help to jump start my company.

Not to mention Obama already has presidential experience, which weighs a lot heavier on my mind than "I used to run a business and I was governor".

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Obviously I don't expect people to agree with me  Cheesy

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:10:48 PM

Both sides

There's your problem. There are more than two sides. And the two "sides" you are presented with are more alike than they are different.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:15:37 PM

But at least by voting for Obama, he can lock in the "lack of substantial amounts of money".

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:16:48 PM

The plans Obama has put in place during his term have a) helped get me healthcare, and b) helped lower my student loan payments by consolidating with the department of Ed. And now his JOBS Act will help to jump start my company.

Haha. Fair enough. Come back in five years and we'll see where you stand.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:22:56 PM

Therein lies the issue with politics in general, you assume just because someone has different opinions on the politics that are slapped all over tv results in them intellectually deficient. Bigotry is an excellent indicator of a feeble mind since the bigot in question cannot grasp why a person would have a different opinion on a situation/discussion/subject.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:29:54 PM

Therein lies the issue with politics in general, you assume just because someone has different opinions on the politics that are slapped all over tv results in them intellectually deficient. Bigotry is an excellent indicator of a feeble mind since the bigot in question cannot grasp why a person would have a different opinion on a situation/discussion/subject.
No, I assumed he was intellectually deficient because he saw only the two options. A quick perusal of even this subforum (to say nothing of this thread - Which admittedly is in need of a bump) would have shown him several others. Worse, he considers this lack to be "fully informed."

Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:47:05 PM

No, I assumed he was intellectually deficient because he saw only the two options.

Well that's not very nice Tongue

We should also clarify that you're assuming I only see two options based on my response. The reality is that there are only two feasible options in the election. You can vote Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Roseanne Bar, or countless others...but the only two people that actually have a chance are either Barack Obama or Mitt Romney. I'm not one to waste my vote..

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 05:52:12 PM

No, I assumed he was intellectually deficient because he saw only the two options.

Well that's not very nice Tongue

We should also clarify that you're assuming I only see two options based on my response. The reality is that there are only two feasible options in the election. You can vote Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Roseanne Bar, or countless others...but the only two people that actually have a chance are either Barack Obama or Mitt Romney. I'm not one to waste my vote..

My estimation of your intelligence is moving up. Wink

However, given that: a) only one of the two "approved" options has any chance of winning, and b) they are functionally identical, why is it that you consider any vote to not be a waste?

Charlie Prime

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:13:42 PM

I guess this type of thing is why cryptocurrencies exist.

It's the main reason why I support them.

The sophistication of the techniques the Elites use to steal from the common people livestock has grown for thousands of years.  Cryptocurrencies are one of the best self-defense weapons we have ever seen. 

Ambit    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
Become part of the mining family
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
sebicas

Activity: 69
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:15:16 PM

exactly why I'm voting for Romney.. have to get this tyrant out of office!

Rommey or Obama are more of the same... nothing will change until Ron Paul or similar get to office.
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:20:39 PM

However, given that: a) only one of the two "approved" options has any chance of winning, and b) they are functionally identical, why is it that you consider any vote to not be a waste?

Well in this case, you're asserting that only one person has the chance of winning, but since it's still a close race (based on current electoral maps, focusing on swing states) it's not quite possible to call it yet. In fact, it could be possible for each candidate to hit 269 and tie it up in the actual election, resulting in the House making the final decision.

To me, a wasted vote is a vote going to a candidate that doesn't have a chance of winning, which is essentially anyone outside of the two already "approved". Voting for either Obama or Romney isn't a waste.

dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:23:11 PM

I love how people think they HAVE to vote for the twin-headed dragon every single fucking election.

The reason other independent parties never have a chance is because everybody refuses to leave the two-party lines and then proceed to bitch about how 'broken' our political system is. Have some backbone, stand up for what you believe in for once instead of one of the two identical people shoved down your throat by the media because "hey, at-least my candidate isn't as bad as the OTHER candidate".
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:26:41 PM

To me, a wasted vote is a vote going to a candidate that doesn't have a chance of winning, which is essentially anyone outside of the two already "approved". Voting for either Obama or Romney isn't a waste.

It's more subtle than that. Any vote an individual makes in a state which already is definitely one way or another is wasted since it can't affect the outcome. A vote for a third party sends a message that that third party has views which have some support and in a non-swing state, is possibly the most logical way to vote (assuming you don't actually support one of the big two).

Then again, if you find the current big-two candidates completely abhorrent, you may want to vote third party anyway. Really, you have to consider all the parts in play and any pat answers probably indicate a lack of thought.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 06:27:33 PM

Well in this case, you're asserting that only one person has the chance of winning, but since it's still a close race (based on current electoral maps, focusing on swing states) it's not quite possible to call it yet. In fact, it could be possible for each candidate to hit 269 and tie it up in the actual election, resulting in the House making the final decision.

Perhaps I was not clear. To rephrase: Since a) either Obama or Romney is going to be in the office no matter what, and b) Obama and Romney are essentially identical, Why vote for either? Why, in fact, vote at all, since whichever way you vote, it's wasted?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: