Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to store bitcoin in USD without transferring to my bank?  (Read 4481 times)
hoganJ32888 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:20:44 PM

I was watching a video for coinbase.

It seemed like when you sell bitcoin to USD, that it instantly goes to your bank?

Is there any wallet that will let me convert/sell bitcoin to USD then leave it in the wallet in USD?

I also need to be able to register and do this without a bank account. I plan to open a new bank account this week, but I would like to gegt the bitcoin sent to me ASAP and have it sit in my wallet as USD until the bank account is open and ready for transfer.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:55:22 PM

There are many exchange like btc-e that you can store your bitcoin in usd.
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:57:23 PM

Is there any wallet that will let me convert/sell bitcoin to USD then leave it in the wallet in USD?

You can't put USD inside of a bitcoin wallet. It's like trying to put a circle inside of a square; it's just won't work.

You can exchange the bitcoin for payment gateways (e.g. Skrill, PayPal, etc.) in the Currency Exchange section.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 10:58:02 PM

It seemed like when you sell bitcoin to USD, that it instantly goes to your bank?

I also need to be able to register and do this without a bank account. I plan to open a new bank account this week, but I would like to gegt the bitcoin sent to me ASAP and have it sit in my wallet as USD until the bank account is open and ready for transfer.
Yes. Coinapult offers this service. Check Locks in https://coinapult.com/faq.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
platycat

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 03:46:27 PM

It's like trying to put a circle inside of a square; it's just won't work.

For the record... you can put a circle inside of a square... as long as the circle is small enough Smiley
Put a wheel in a box
Put a condom in a wallet...
Put someones head up spongebob's ... I'm gonna stop there
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 06:12:05 PM

You means put a fiat into fiat wallet? http://www.coindesk.com/fiat-wallets-the-key-to-bitcoin-going-mainstream/

You can store your usd in bitcoin exchanger(AFAIK). But hold for long term in bitcoin exchanger is too risky.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:17:14 PM

Most exchanges are like that. You send the bitcoin to your address in the exchange, you sell them and the USD sits in your account as a USD credit. They are not going anywhere until you withdraw USD to your bank account. But don't store large amounts this way on an exchange. It is generally considered not very safe. Exchanges can be hacked and you can loose your bitcoin and money.

a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:51:58 PM

You can use advcash
You deposit  in your advcash with bitcoin so it will exchange them to dollars or euros with out any bank account and you do not have to verify your account if your transactions are small
And of course you can withdraw the money to bitcoin again at any time
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:17:45 PM

My friend you can do what you described with every single exchange out there, we'll except with Coinbase since they do automatic transfer of funds to your bank account.

Just pick up an exchange depending on which Fiat you want to withdraw to (EUR, Dollars) and send them your bitcoins. Beware that mostly all of the exchanges will make you do some kind of a verification process before you can withdraw your Fiat. Some will make you do this even if you want to send your BTCs to them (e.g. Bitstamp).
yapusi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:45:47 AM

you can use circle or coinbase dollar account
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:00:04 AM

it is very important to remember that you are trusting a third party with your money. so I suggest you not to do this because storing fiat or cryptocurrency (in this case bitcoin) on an exchanger is a very risky act.

Only Bitcoin
addy boy

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:34:46 PM

you can store bitcoin in usd there are many exchangers avaliable on the net that can exchange bitcoin to usd but trust only on those exchangers who have lot of positive review and one think you should notice that before exchange btc to usd you compare the price of other exchangers then sell your bitcoin to those exchangers who give best price to you.so that you never loss your money
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:41:00 PM

Coinbase actually let me select To CAD wallet for me. So i'm pretty sure Americans can pick To USD wallet. Just keep in mind, not all online wallet services have your money guaranteed in case of hack or other event.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Next BillGates

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:41:58 PM

May be if you have verified payza account, you can store your USD there. Because they provide BTC ◄► USD exchange itself.

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:00:41 PM

Most major cities have exchanges where you can in-person sell your Bitcoins for cash. You walk in, sell your Bitcoin and leave with cold hard cash. If not, look on localbitcoin.com and you can find an in person exchange near where you live.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
My User ID is 553628

Activity: 30
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:17:30 PM

Unless you do it via cash exchange or deposit to the prepaid anonmyous cards, then NO.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:54:59 AM

If you want USD why do you even bother with Bitcoin?

Or do you want to trade between the two currencies to earn money on currency exchange arbitrage opportunities?

Try Coinut options exchange, there's a link in my signature...(if you ever come back to this thread to read these answers!)

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:44:48 PM

If you're holding in dollars, quite a few of the aforementioned options like Circle adjust the BTC balance as its price moves around so you always retain the same dollar value. That may not be what you want so do your homework carefully.
newbie miner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:50:21 PM

I think anonibet does what you are looking for. You deposit your assets in btc to your account and there is an option to choose your account currency as usd. Once you complete the deposit process you see your balance as usd until you decide to withdraw. Once you want to withdraw they exchance your account balance from usd to btc with current rate and sends back to you in btc.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:43:18 PM

I think anonibet does what you are looking for. You deposit your assets in btc to your account and there is an option to choose your account currency as usd. Once you complete the deposit process you see your balance as usd until you decide to withdraw. Once you want to withdraw they exchance your account balance from usd to btc with current rate and sends back to you in btc.
Why should he go to anonibet to do that, he can use any online popular exchange(btc-e,bitfinex etc..) websites to do that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: