Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There is still widespread confusion about BitShares PTS and Protoshares  (Read 8703 times)
runpaint (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:44:19 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 12:25:35 PM by runpaint

Protoshares used to be a Top 10 coin, and it probably will be again if a promising project uses it for distribution.  

People have been dumping them since the share split last year increased the total supply to 1 billion - so now they're actually spread out a lot more evenly to a lot more people.

It would be nice to see something happen with PTS to go along with the BitShares 2.0 launch.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bisha

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:49:49 PM

BitShares itself (not PTS) can and is being used for sharedropps already.

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:04:27 AM

Cool story.  

I'd like to see more sharedrops using Bitshares PTS snapshots, since Stan Larimer promised that every future DAC would be dropped to PTS holders.  

Is that a broken promise from Bitshares, or will they use PTS for drops?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:43:12 AM

Cool story.  

I'd like to see more sharedrops using Bitshares PTS snapshots, since Stan Larimer promised that every future DAC would be dropped to PTS holders.  

This is why there was the merger last November between BitShares, DNS, Vote, and PTS etc...  There was a nice site explaining it all called BitShares reloaded however can't find it anymore.  AGS holders also got their PTS returned which was quite a nice surprise.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:53:09 AM

This is why there was the merger last November between BitShares, DNS, Vote, and PTS etc...  

Yeah, I also had some BitShares DNS.  Poloniex delisted it and I found out that there was no way to withdraw it because the blockchain didn't exist anymore.  Thankfully, Poloniex refunded my purchase of DNS since it was worthless and not a real coin.

There was a nice site explaining it all called BitShares reloaded however can't find it anymore.

But you can still find the site where Stan Larimer promises that every future DAC will be dropped to PTS holders.  

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/caution-watch-for-falling-pts/

When you say they were merged in November, what does that mean?  BitShares PTS took a snapshot in December and performed a share split, so the devs were still active in PTS at that time.  

December 2014 is when I bought PTS - just last year, the same year Stan Larimer made the above promise that buying those shares would get me drops of all future DACs.

But I have held the BitShares PTS for 10 months, and I have never gotten a single drop of any DAC.  Why doesn't BitShares keep their promises?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
wannaPlayCK

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:17:29 AM

But I have held the BitShares PTS for 10 months, and I have never gotten a single drop of any DAC.  Why doesn't BitShares keep their promises?

You got BTS. More than you're expecting because PTS and AGS got bought out during the merger, iirc. Most of it is still vesting. You also got NOTE and the BTS you got is about to get sharedropped on.

Import your PTS wallet and any wallets you donated to AGS from, the find the console in BTS type start typing 'vested' and pick the last option and add the account you want to claim it to and you can claim some now, and more over time.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:04:11 AM

runpaint

Exactly what wannaPlayCK said.  Download the latest wallet, 0.93.  It takes time to sync and hits the disk drive hard so be patient.  This is obviously fixed in 2.0.  Register a name if you have not.

Import your PTS wallet.  Hit your account button in the upper right and click advanced > console.

Two commands.

wallet_account_vesting_balances "name" without the " will show  whats vested/vesting
wallet_collect_genesis_balances "name" without the " will collect the vested balance.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:12:06 AM

December 2014 is when I bought PTS - just last year, the same year Stan Larimer made the above promise that buying those shares would get me drops of all future DACs.

Because they're all a bunch of no good, worthless liars.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 05:23:22 AM

runpaint

Exactly what wannaPlayCK said.  Download the latest wallet, 0.93.  It takes time to sync and hits the disk drive hard so be patient.  This is obviously fixed in 2.0.  Register a name if you have not.

Import your PTS wallet.  Hit your account button in the upper right and click advanced > console.

Two commands.

wallet_account_vesting_balances "name" without the " will show  whats vested/vesting
wallet_collect_genesis_balances "name" without the " will collect the vested balance.

and try to keep an eye on  https://bitshares.org/ - https://bitshares.org/blog/ - https://bitsharestalk.org/

you're responsible for following your investment.

gaba

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:17:42 AM

This is why there was the merger last November between BitShares, DNS, Vote, and PTS etc...  There was a nice site explaining it all called BitShares reloaded however can't find it anymore.  AGS holders also got their PTS returned which was quite a nice surprise.

I'm AGS holder. Yes, they returned PTS after they became worthless. I bought AGS with BTC and didn't get anything back Wink. They are just bunch of scammers. Today I only receiving BTS dust which is by the way locked!!!!
And of course I'am not sharedrop target anymore in percentage I invested. From now on, Dan and Stan suggesting that better sharedrop target is Brownie.PTS, private issue token inside BTS created by Dan. He is better than Madoff. Someone from USA will need to take legal actions against him and his company. He recently open another one to hide his frauds.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:16:31 AM

You got BTS. More than you're expecting because PTS and AGS got bought out during the merger, iirc. Most of it is still vesting. You also got NOTE and the BTS you got is about to get sharedropped on.

Import your PTS wallet and any wallets you donated to AGS from, the find the console in BTS type start typing 'vested' and pick the last option and add the account you want to claim it to and you can claim some now, and more over time.

Do you know what you're talking about?  I never got any BTS, AGS, or NOTE.

I bought PTS at Poloniex 10 months ago.  Poloniex honors sharedrops, but there has never been another sharedrop.

Besides, I don't have a BitShares wallet to import anything to, because the times I've tried to register a BitShares account, registration wasn't possible.  BTS from Poloniex can't be sent until you register an account, but you can't register an account without sending some BTS.  The only way is with a faucet, but there were no faucets the times I tried. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:22:16 AM

And of course I'am not sharedrop target anymore in percentage I invested.

The percentage you invested is low because the price has dropped severely over the past year -- you can't blame the devs because your investment isn't worth as much now.

Do you know what you're talking about?  I never got any BTS, AGS, or NOTE.

I bought PTS at Poloniex 10 months ago.  Poloniex honors sharedrops, but there has never been another sharedrop.

Besides, I don't have a BitShares wallet to import anything to, because the times I've tried to register a BitShares account, registration wasn't possible.  BTS from Poloniex can't be sent until you register an account, but you can't register an account without sending some BTS.  The only way is with a faucet, but there were no faucets the times I tried. 

If you have a BitShares wallet, you can see how much BTS etc you've been sharedropped. Just because you haven't taken the time to see how much you received doesn't mean you haven't received anything.  Huh
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:29:21 AM

Do you know what you're talking about?  I never got any BTS, AGS, or NOTE.

I bought PTS at Poloniex 10 months ago.  Poloniex honors sharedrops, but there has never been another sharedrop.

Besides, I don't have a BitShares wallet to import anything to, because the times I've tried to register a BitShares account, registration wasn't possible.  BTS from Poloniex can't be sent until you register an account, but you can't register an account without sending some BTS.  The only way is with a faucet, but there were no faucets the times I tried.  

no problem, https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14780.0.html

download the client (or webwallet) add a name and instead of your name paste the public key located under the name, to the thread. that way you can receive bitshares and register your name.

runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:42:20 AM

2 of those links don't say anything about Protoshares.  The 3rd link still shows people expecting future sharedrops at the time I bought PTS.  There has never been a sharedrop.

Try to keep an eye on the links you recommend to other people.

you're responsible for following your investment.

That is true, I was new to crypto last year and I got fooled.  

Protoshares merged with BitShares, but PTS continued to exist.  

Invictus promised to drop shares to PTS - "but we don't call ourselves Invictus anymore".

I bought PTS at Poloniex - "But now it's BitShares PTS, formerly Protoshares, so technically nothing that was said about Protoshares still applies."

It was dishonest to allow a new coin to continue under the ticker PTS, appearing to be the same coin.

I actually thought Cryptsy was dishonest for "not honoring the sharedrop" - but Cryptsy was the honest one by not pretending that the new PTS was the same coin as the old PTS.  Bter and Poloniex allowed people to keep buying a defunct coin "because a new sharedrop is coming", and that's why I bought.  But the only sharedrop was itself, and then there's never been an actual sharedrop.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:47:15 AM

If you bought PTS after the hard fork, then you only paid what they are worth today:

pennies:

I paid over 200 satoshis.  Today they are worth a low of 16 satoshis.  Thanks for playing.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:49:55 AM

If you have a BitShares wallet, you can see how much BTS etc you've been sharedropped. Just because you haven't taken the time to see how much you received doesn't mean you haven't received anything.  Huh

Does everyone see this? 

This guy thinks owning PTS lets you get other cryptocurrencies. 

Why does he think that?  Has he been misled?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Bisha

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:10:49 AM

Cool story. 

Cool story. Everything you got from Vote, DNS,etc got merged into BTS, you got more BTS and you know that lol. All your vote and dns shares are not BTS. Try harder please. You know this stuff, insisting on this won' take you anywhere. The merger was a long time ago. Everyone knows that and whoever doesn't know, will still get their BTS stake increase.

Does everyone see this? 

This guy thinks owning PTS lets you get other cryptocurrencies. 

Why does he think that?  Has he been misled?

He is actually talking about BTS, not PTS LOL. You even mention things wrong to mislead people? The poor credibility you had left just disappeared. And yes, BTS gets you sharedrops.

Love how you try to troll and fud when there's nothing to your favour. But by all means, keep going please :p

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:17:02 AM

Everything you got from Vote, DNS,etc got merged into BTS, you got more BTS and you know that lol.

You need to read more, type less.  I never got any Vote, DNS, or BTS.

He is actually talking about BTS, not PTS LOL.

Are you talking about LeagueCoin, which trades under the ticker LOL?

I didn't get dropped any of that either, because I've never received a sharedrop during the 10 months I've owned PTS.

Besides, he couldn't be talking about BTS because I've already said that I don't have a BitShares wallet.  Unless you think he's the kind of person that would keep repeating incorrect things after they've already been explained repeatedly in the same page of the same topic?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:29:45 PM

Is there anyone in this topic so far who actually understood what BitShares PTS is?  I didn't.

BitShares PTS has never been sharedropped anything.  Holders of BitShares PTS have never received BTS snapshots.

That was Protoshares that did that.  BitShares PTS is a different coin. 

But all the BitShares users who have commented in this topic are under the false impression that BitShares PTS has been used for snapshots.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
gaba

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:31:47 PM

The percentage you invested is low because the price has dropped severely over the past year -- you can't blame the devs because your investment isn't worth as much now.

I don't blame the devs for dropped price. I blame them because they are simple remove me as sharedrop target. That is only reason why I invested in BTS trough AGS. I didn't wont BTS(X) and they pretend that I need to be happy because I will receive some.
BitShares AGS, or Angelshares, represent a way to gain a stake in this new and exciting industry without mining coins. Just as technologist contribute to the launch of a new industry by mining and trading BitShares PTS, or Protoshares, investors can partake by investing in BitShares AGS, or Angelshares. AngelShares are created to acknowledge the equally important financial contribution to the development of an open, distributed, crypto-equity product called BitShares

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ags101

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: