Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:28:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban appeal - TradeFortress; re theymos dox  (Read 7567 times)
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:02:06 AM

@Tradefortress

1. Most everyone who has been around for a while knows exactly who Theymos is, Why would anyone get banned for that?

2. You're not the original Tradefortress, you're just someone who bought his old VIP account so who cares if you are banned?

~BCX~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:27:38 AM

@Tradefortress

1. Most everyone who has been around for a while knows exactly who Theymos is, Why would anyone get banned for that?

2. You're not the original Tradefortress, you're just someone who bought his old VIP account so who cares if you are banned?

~BCX~

Ignoring the huge @Tradefortress here.

1. Yes, why would anyone get banned from that?!?
  a) Do you have conclusive evidence to guarantee that there is a different person using the account now? (I know it seems like it, but can you guarantee it? If so, we could remove/change all the old trust to neutral.)
  b) Some people care about "random" banning, because they realize they might become a victim of it themselves someday. The account in question is not really relevant to this issue.
ab619

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:39:42 PM

If it is the real TF, it's funny to see him whine like a little bitch about being banned after doing the exact same thing on his former sites.  Cheesy
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:09:41 PM

i think we have good reason to believe that it is, in fact, the real Tradefortress.

TF was clearly tied to operating hashie.co---and he was just found to be sending coins that came from hashie.co to Quickseller. (the fact that he also used his usual 1GLados change address as the change address isn't evidence of anything, though it is his usual MO)

his continued trolling of tspacepilot as of < 2 weeks ago, and his continued "scammer accusations" against others (while simultaneously being a scammer himself) are classic TF as well

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 04:18:36 AM

his continued trolling of tspacepilot as of < 2 weeks ago, and his continued "scammer accusations" against others (while simultaneously being a scammer himself)

You just described Quickseller, as well as TF.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:17:54 AM

If the "official" reason why people are banned for mentioning/posting theymos's dox is that they are trolling (because they are doing so for no reason other then to annoy the person), then I don't think the ban is appropriate here. I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

I also would note that Salty did post a number of times that you would not be banned for simply posting theymos's dox, and Salty had also posted (what he appeared) to believe was accurate instructions to find theymos's dox. I would say at worse, what TF did was correct Salty's inaccurate statement, and more realistically was merely following directions of Salty, who is a global moderator and as a result what he says will reasonably be considered to be "the official rules" of what can and cannot be posted.

As others have mentioned, I do not support the majority of what TF has done in the past (or at least what it is claimed he has done), however I do not think he is in the wrong here.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think it is unreasonable to want to protect your own personal information, but I do think a blanket ban of someone who attempts to post such information is probably not the right way to protect such information
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:19:09 PM

I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

Well considering the fact that you are more than likely the same individual this isn't too surprising.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan your work.

It will be interesting to see who or what you re-surface as once you retire the Quickseller alt.

~BCX~
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:58:57 AM

I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

Well considering the fact that you are more than likely the same individual this isn't too surprising.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan your work.

It will be interesting to see who or what you re-surface as once you retire the Quickseller alt.

~BCX~
I am not TradeFortress. The admin who looked into TF and I being the same person said that it did not make sense for someone with the technical expertise of TF to spend their time farming accounts when they could make more productive/profitable use of their time engaging in other activities.

To be fair to TF, he did call a number of people as being a scammer long before it was determined that such people were a scammer. For example, while researching moreia's many bitcoin addresses, I found a thread with TF calling moreia as being an alt of TheGambler and as running multiple HYIP/ponzi scams ~a year prior to me doxing moreia and outing all of his alts. I think that anything TF says should be taken with a grain of salt and with a little bit of skepticism, however any claim that he makes should be looked into (with some exceptions).

On a similar note, the reason why I was monitoring that thread was being TF had told me that people are banned because they post theymos's dox, and I honestly did not believe him, so I was monitoring the other thread when I saw that theymos's dox was being posted in that thread and when I saw that TF had posted instructions as to how to find theymos's dox in that thread.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:30:34 AM

I am not TradeFortress

OK, but you've lied about your alts before:

I am not QS

so why should we believe you now?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:53:44 AM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

Well, tf is banned. Their alt is quiet. I'm going to assume their ban appeal was denied and they're waiting out the ban.

If Quickseller is an alt of tf than they're either clever enough to fool BadBear or they'd be perma banned for ban evasion.
Bill Gates

Activity: 95
Merit: 9

Devil's Advocate

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:30:11 PM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

If, in future, we see somewhere...

I am not dooglus

We shall believe that QuickSeller=dooglus? Your sense of logic is deteriorating with every passing day.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:16:31 AM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

I am not dooglus

We shall believe that QuickSeller=dooglus? Your sense of logic is deteriorating with every passing day.

There's nothing wrong with my logic. I didn't say that his statement implies that he is TF.

We have seen QS lying about an alt in the past, and so he may be lying about an alt again now.

I am not suggesting that you can take a known liar's assertions and invert them get at the truth.
I am suggesting that his statements about his alts have been found to be unreliable in the past.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:23:04 AM

I am not suggesting that you can take a known liar's assertions and invert them get at the truth.
I am suggesting that his statements about his alts have been found to be unreliable in the past.

Why do you bring logic and reason to a Bitcointalk.org debate?

There is a very high probability of TF and QS being one in the same.

~BCX~
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

I am not dooglus

Well I can say unequivocally that I am not dooglus.

I also do not see any logic nor reason in any of the two posts above this one. And no there is really not evidence that I am TF except for speculation Cheesy
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:46:39 AM

And no there is really not evidence that I am TF except for speculation Cheesy

Do you really want to go there?

I really have no issues with you and have enjoyed your antics, it's been entertaining, so no personal motivations.

If you are playing word games, sure you're not the original Tradefortress, you're the one that ended up with his account and some wallets.

There's just too many circumstantial connections via the blockchain, Hashie.io and cross transfer of BTC to not be one in the same today.

I realize that a lot of it just may be incredible coincidence but so would be winning the Powerball two days in row with the same numbers.

Possible, but not probable.

~BCX~

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:06:26 AM

sure you're not the original Tradefortress, you're the one that ended up with his account and some wallets.
Well I am glad we cleared that up. Based on your previous posts, I was under the impression that you were saying that I was the person who (supposedly - but probably) stole 4k+ BTC from users of inputs, and defaulted on coinlenders loans.

Although it is untrue, I do not have as much as an issue with you claiming that I purchased the TF account from TF (Or someone else), as this allegation does not involve the risk of me getting served with multimillion dollar lawsuits.

I do admit that I was interested in purchasing the TF account in the past (along with any other VIP account), however I was unable to do so. QS and TF have also never been one and the same. 
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:19:13 AM

sure you're not the original Tradefortress, you're the one that ended up with his account and some wallets.
Well I am glad we cleared that up. Based on your previous posts, I was under the impression that you were saying that I was the person who (supposedly - but probably) stole 4k+ BTC from users of inputs, and defaulted on coinlenders loans.

Although it is untrue, I do not have as much as an issue with you claiming that I purchased the TF account from TF (Or someone else), as this allegation does not involve the risk of me getting served with multimillion dollar lawsuits.

I do admit that I was interested in purchasing the TF account in the past (along with any other VIP account), however I was unable to do so. QS and TF have also never been one and the same. 

Sorry about that, for the record I do not believe you are the person that stole the Inputs.io wallet.

However, I am certain you have commandeered the name Tradefortres and a few of his old wallets.

Perhaps via an email hack?

I think your interest in supposedly purchasing TF name was to cover for the fact that you already had it and to give a path to deniability if you were ever connected.

~BCX~

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:14:54 AM

Sorry about that, for the record I do not believe you are the person that stole the Inputs.io wallet.

However, I am certain you have commandeered the name Tradefortres and a few of his old wallets.

Perhaps via an email hack?

I think your interest in supposedly purchasing TF name was to cover for the fact that you already had it and to give a path to deniability if you were ever connected.

~BCX~

That kind of allegation is nearly impossible to disprove, especially if you are going to say that I was able to steal wallets with bitcoin "in" them. Any kind of signed message is nearly useless because it would be possible that the person who is in control of the private key would give me the signature to the signed message.

I would point out that if I (or someone) did hack TF's account, then I would suspect that the "real" TF would have contacted theymos to regain access to their account, and I would suspect that the fact that TF donated 50BTC to the forum to get the VIP handle would put recovering TF's account closer to the top of theymos's to-do list then most other account recovery requests.

I can repeat that I at no point have ever controlled the TF account. I have also made several posts outside of meta, so if TF really is banned, and if I really do control the TF account then I would be ban evading. If TF was "pretending" to be banned, and I controlled the TF account, then I would think that BadBear would be pretty quick to point out that the ban is fake, and that we are alts. Beyond that all I can really suggest is that we can agree to disagree.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:26:55 AM

I can repeat that I at no point have ever controlled the TF account. I have also made several posts outside of meta, so if TF really is banned, and if I really do control the TF account then I would be ban evading. If TF was "pretending" to be banned, and I controlled the TF account, then I would think that BadBear would be pretty quick to point out that the ban is fake, and that we are alts. Beyond that all I can really suggest is that we can agree to disagree.

Geez, unless you know how to use proxies and remove cookies.

I'm sure a scam artist like you with multiple accounts knows how to fool the admins.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:05:10 AM

Geez, unless you know how to use proxies and remove cookies.

I'm sure a scam artist like you with multiple accounts knows how to fool the admins.
Except that there is no logical reason for someone to hide one alt, but not another when neither alt has scammed anyone.

Also it takes a lot more then using proxies and removing cookies to hide the fact that two accounts are alts from BadBear. It is possible for the Bear to know that two accounts are alts even if both use tor.

I also realize that you sometimes cannot control what you say, however it is strongly advisable that you refrain from libeling me in an effort to "prove" that you are right. I know that you like to smear those who disagree with you, and will engage in a smear campaign against those who your negative trust does not affect (besides me, just look at Brad Harrison for example as you pretty clearly made up stories of him being a pedo after your bogus negative trust did not shut him up)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: