Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:26:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boolberry Solves CryptoNote Flaws  (Read 6693 times)
poloskarted

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:28:57 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 11:18:49 AM by poloskarted

BBR was the betamax of the cryptonote world. A more sensible emission schedule, a clean and usable native GUI, aliases baked in, privacy improvements, much faster syncing (granted, partially down to lower activity- but also to do with variations in the code like alternative PoW mechanism) , smaller blockchain in general, pruneable chain, open source miners, smaller miner gap for privileged parties, reward voting mechanism baked in to incentivize dev.. the list went on.

It's largest issue was not managing to get a community onboard early- XMR managed to get a bunch of reputable BTT members supporting the coin. and not putting in the effort to lobby exchanges to support the coin to provide velocity. The market cap and extremely low liquidity death spiraled it into irrelevancy, and there is no use to attempt recovering a coin where such a high percentage could easily be owned by a single entity at this time.. Better to migrate to a single coin, like Monero or start fresh.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:30:50 PM

BBR was the betamax of the cryptonote world. A more sensible emission schedule, a clean and usable native GUI, aliases baked in, privacy improvements, much faster syncing (granted, partially down to lower activity- but also to do with variations in the code like alternative PoW mechanism) , smaller blockchain in general, pruneable chain, open source miners, smaller miner gap for privileged parties, reward voting mechanism baked in to incentivize dev.. the list went on.

It's largest issue was not managing to get a community onboard early- XMR managed to get a bunch of reputable BTT members supporting the coin. and not putting in the effort to lobby exchanges to support the coin to provide velocity. The market cap and extremely low liquidity death spiraled it into irrelevancy, and there is no use to attempt recovering a coin where such a high percentage could easily be owned by a single entity at this time.. Better to migrate to a single coin, like Monero or start fresh.

I agree with some of your comments regarding the size and quality of the Monero community.

Boolberry is much smaller but does have a community. SupernNet will help BBR gain some more publicity and grow larger. Our comparatively slow emission schedule is very friendly to adding new community members right now!

I like Monero but Boolberry does have some unique advantages and there is room for more than 1 successful CryptoNote coin. There is also a fair amount of community overlap. It is helpful for coins to experiment with different ideas and learn from each others success and failures. Monero and Boolberry are not mere clones. They can coexist.
boolberry

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:08:36 AM

Its time to get more active on social media and emphasize why Boolberry is important and unique. Lets start here:

On blockchain bloat:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boolberry/comments/3hjmuc/cryptonote_blockchain_bloat_and_the_unique
https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/633855890945257472
source: http://boolberry.org/files/Boolberry_Reduces_Blockchain_Bloat.pdf

On mixins and their impact on CryptoNote unlinkability:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boolberry/comments/3hjmfl/mixins_and_their_impact_on_cryptonote
https://twitter.com/BBRcurrency/status/633859728884367362
source: http://boolberry.com/files/Boolberry_Solves_CryptoNote_Flaws.pdf

Feel free to share this information with anyone who cares about privacy.

Boolberry truly is one of a kind. Many technical advantages a fair launch and a user friendly GUI. Price remains low because there has not been much marketing or visibility yet. Lets focus on introducing more people to Boolberry so that we can gain some market adoption.
funnyman21

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:57:57 AM

Betamax vs. VHS may have a different outcome this time.

My money is on the coin with the best tech. Go Boolberry!
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:35:45 PM

I think CryptoNote coins should try to get along (except the big premine scam coin). Instead focus on proving anonymity superiority over CoinJoin based coins
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:39:19 PM

I think CryptoNote coins should try to get along (except the big premine scam coin). Instead focus on proving anonymity superiority over CoinJoin based coins

There is nothing to prove. That ship sailed a long time ago. For example.

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/622022840330682368

He happened to mention the biggest and most well known one but in terms of anonymity superiority over ad-hoc solutions with no proven or provable cryptographic security they are largely equivalent to each other.
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:11:14 PM

Zoidberg is active again. he recently posted in the boolberry thread talking about a GUI miner
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:16:42 AM

Zoidberg is active again. he recently posted in the boolberry thread talking about a GUI miner

That is good to see. BBR is my favorite cryptonote coin because of its technical advantages. Nevertheless, Monero remains the leader because of more recent development activity. If cryptozoidberg becomes more active again that could change

newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:37:24 PM

That is good to see. BBR is my favorite cryptonote coin because of its technical advantages. Nevertheless, Monero remains the leader because of more recent development activity. If cryptozoidberg becomes more active again that could change

I still think marketing is more important than development right now. Boolberry already is one of the most advanced cryptonote clones and arguable "the best" in several ways. Yet many people have not even heard of it
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:20:21 PM

I still think marketing is more important than development right now. Boolberry already is one of the most advanced cryptonote clones and arguable "the best" in several ways. Yet many people have not even heard of it

People havent heard about many other coins that are 'the best' in something. Most people dont care about underlying technology They just want to know how they can use bbr and how it will benefit them more than using btc, monero, shadow or whatever? And trading in circles in polonix without any real life use, is not very attractive.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:55:35 PM

People havent heard about many other coins that are 'the best' in something. Most people dont care about underlying technology They just want to know how they can use bbr and how it will benefit them more than using btc, monero, shadow or whatever? And trading in circles in polonix without any real life use, is not very attractive.

Look, neither technology nor marketing really matters at this point in time in crypto. Everything is getting crushed. Sure there are pumps (today it is Bitshares, Litecoin, and a few others) but once the pump is over and we return to the regularly scheduled program, the march toward zero continues everywhere.

I doubt there is anything to be done at this point other than try to wait out the storm and prepare for sunnier days ahead, in case they come.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:55:30 AM

Look, neither technology nor marketing really matters at this point in time in crypto. Everything is getting crushed. Sure there are pumps (today it is Bitshares, Litecoin, and a few others) but once the pump is over and we return to the regularly scheduled program, the march toward zero continues everywhere.

I doubt there is anything to be done at this point other than try to wait out the storm and prepare for sunnier days ahead, in case they come.

Bytecoin has been doing pretty good lately, up 10% today  Shocked

bbreconomy

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:56:10 PM

update from cryptozoidberg!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.msg12393633#msg12393633

leveldb
boolberry

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:00:04 AM

This is a major project and it will take some time to transition (and test) everything but it will be very helpful going forward.

Boolberry has many exciting things ahead!
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:33:36 AM

This is a major project and it will take some time to transition (and test) everything but it will be very helpful going forward.

How does boolberry compare to monero?  What is better,  what is worse?

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
boolberry

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:51:01 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 05:02:13 AM by boolberry

How does boolberry compare to monero?  What is better,  what is worse?

I like Monero and it clearly has a much larger community than Boolberry.  There are several things I prefer about Boolberry but I don't like to use the terms "better" or "worse". Lets use the term "different". There is a lot of BBR and XMR community overlap and we try to help each other.

If you are interested in learning more here are a few of our technical differences (besides an official GUI which I think is not a huge deal because Monero has unofficial GUIs already and a web walet)

http://boolberry.com/files/Boolberry_Solves_CryptoNote_Flaws.pdf (mixin issue as they relate to anonymity)
http://boolberry.org/files/Boolberry_Reduces_Blockchain_Bloat.pdf (pruning issues and blockchain bloat)

Boolberry also has a much slower emission schedule than Monero (xmr is 50% mined excluding tail emission as of this month). There are pros and cons to this.

This is the current Boolberry development focus which quotes a fair critique from a Monero core dev (smooth)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.msg12454282#msg12454282

Most of things that distinguish Boolberry are technical right now. Monero is clearly ahead in adoption and services such as xmr.to and cryptokingdom help the monero economy. Boolberry needs to work on increasing usage and development of supporting services

cointopay.com recently added support for Boolberry which is a good start for us. We have many ideas but some of them will take time.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:23:32 AM

Boolberry also has a much slower emission schedule than Monero (xmr is 50% mined excluding tail emission as of this month). There are pros and cons to this.

It's exactly half the speed (literally divided by two in the code). I not saying that you're being misleading but somehow when I personally read "much slower" I think of like 1/10 the speed or something, but that may just be my own odd interpretation of it.

I was personally in favor of Monero running at something like half speed so I'm not criticizing here at all.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: