Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:33:28 PM

paper money will always exist,it never have ending,you know so many countries use paper money for payment.
but i also believe that sometime paper money will not popular again,but it just on a big country like US,and never end in small country.
In my opinion paper money will disappear one day but that day is still very far away. Imagine in the next 100 years people will use paper money? I don't think so. This will gradually become the reality and we should accept it
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:46:08 PM

paper money will always exist,it never have ending,you know so many countries use paper money for payment.
but i also believe that sometime paper money will not popular again,but it just on a big country like US,and never end in small country.
In my opinion paper money will disappear one day but that day is still very far away. Imagine in the next 100 years people will use paper money? I don't think so. This will gradually become the reality and we should accept it

If it would take 100 years then I think we should not be worried about it at present, because I don't think we are gonna live that long  Grin and what you said is correct its not easy for paper money to disappear so easily as the market cap of paper is more and people have more faith in paper money.
zodiac3011

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:02:32 PM

If it would take 100 years then I think we should not be worried about it at present, because I don't think we are gonna live that long  Grin and what you said is correct its not easy for paper money to disappear so easily as the market cap of paper is more and people have more faith in paper money.
Just pure speculative it can happen in 25 years! 50 years! We don't know actually. Technology is changing everyday, credit card is widely adopted or the least is ATM card, internet banking, paypal, cryptocurrency,... Everything is reducing the control of paper money
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:54:48 PM

Just pure speculative it can happen in 25 years! 50 years! We don't know actually. Technology is changing everyday, credit card is widely adopted or the least is ATM card, internet banking, paypal, cryptocurrency,... Everything is reducing the control of paper money

The fact is people use paper money more then any other currency, there are people who even don't use ATM or Credit Cards so for them using digital currency is far away as they are used to it and mainly the older generation would never use any digital currency as they are scared of internet and everything associated with it.
zodiac3011

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:59:23 PM

The fact is people use paper money more then any other currency, there are people who even don't use ATM or Credit Cards so for them using digital currency is far away as they are used to it and mainly the older generation would never use any digital currency as they are scared of internet and everything associated with it.
Ok I agree. The young generation will change everything I think like I said it can happen in 25 years Grin some country has already aimed to eliminate paper money already and one has succeeded I think Grin so yeah we can expect that.
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:38:42 AM

Paper money will be a lesser part of the function of currency. I remember that Sweden will become the first cashless society. But I think it will not be totally cashless.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:40:09 AM

and how they get paper money without atm? employees are not payed in cash anymore, it's also illegal unless you do that unregulated job...
zodiac3011

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:01:05 PM

and how they get paper money without atm? employees are not payed in cash anymore, it's also illegal unless you do that unregulated job...
I agree with your opinion. people nowadays don't just carry around a lot of cash because you will become a high valued targer for robbers too! credit card, ATM is more convenient Grin withdraw the amount you need or use credit card to pay everything... there's nothing to scare of it
caliboy37

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:25:32 PM

Current gouvernment don't wanna ban paper money. Next gen will come and change the world to crypto.
zodiac3011

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 05:29:26 AM

Current gouvernment don't wanna ban paper money. Next gen will come and change the world to crypto.
Some may have the intention of reducing the use of paper money but they need a good solution. This process must be slow and steady so everyone will naturally accept it
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:20:52 AM

Everything is going to be digital even the money, so for the banks that would be better as they only display numbers/digits to their clients and no need to worry for paper money and reproduce it which costs.
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:28:44 AM

quote author=n691309 link=topic=1185580.msg13107968#msg13107968 date=1448864452]
Everything is going to be digital even the money, so for the banks that would be better as they only display numbers/digits to their clients and no need to worry for paper money and reproduce it which costs.
[/quote

I can just tell your right! Everything gonne be gone over a blockchain and backs accept the bitcoin and several cryptocurrencys !

That would be awesome Cheesy Dogecoin for the Dax ! wuwuwuw Cheesy

regards
lama-hunter
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:31:35 AM

One thing I don't like about having an entirely digital monetary system is that any power outages or other events would grind everything to a halt, which can make it impossible to obtain goods for a period of time. Another is that banks now control where literally all the value goes, but that's bordering on a conspiracy and, if done properly, banks wouldn't have to be something people would worry about.

I always like the feel of physical value in my pocket, though. Maybe have 1/8 of the currency supply in physical paper/plastic assets, since most people won't need more than 1/8 of the currency supply at a time?
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:36:36 AM

I can just tell your right! Everything gonne be gone over a blockchain and backs accept the bitcoin and several cryptocurrencys !

regards
lama-hunter

Well i still prefer to deal in cash rather in digital forms because that's how is made a deal, when i pay in digital forms it looks like paying something in GTA game Tongue
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:44:18 AM

regards
lama-hunter

Well i still prefer to deal in cash rather in digital forms because that's how is made a deal, when i pay in digital forms it looks like paying something in GTA game Tongue

cash is very good face to face, if you ar enear the one you want to deal with, but for long distance i would always prefer the digital way even if using fiat

so everything is tracked nowadays if it work with fiat no matter cash or whatever you use, it will not make much difference
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:08:54 AM

I really hope you understand that paper money will not be replaced by an online currency in your lifetime. Wallets are still quite hack-able, and with the idea of a quantum computing looming over our heads, governments are stepping slowly around this idea of changing their currency.

Fiat will always be needed until everyone has a way to access the blockchain. This requires an internet connection which alot of people may not have.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
planetroving
Legendary

Activity: 2170

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:26:14 AM

As far into the future as I can see, paper money would still be the primary method of trading. As seen with much of the world, many do not have an internet connection, let alone a computer or even adequate shelter. They are required to be able to trade with some form of digital currency, which in this case is Bitcoins. Paper money on the other hand, is much easier for everybody to use. However, once everybody has access to the internet, digital currency will be superior and will take over! Tongue
zodiac3011

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:15:40 PM

One thing I don't like about having an entirely digital monetary system is that any power outages or other events would grind everything to a halt, which can make it impossible to obtain goods for a period of time. Another is that banks now control where literally all the value goes, but that's bordering on a conspiracy and, if done properly, banks wouldn't have to be something people would worry about.

I always like the feel of physical value in my pocket, though. Maybe have 1/8 of the currency supply in physical paper/plastic assets, since most people won't need more than 1/8 of the currency supply at a time?
it's just the feeling of physical value some what psychological value only. Personally I don't want to end up with a lot of paper money or I need the money but some are lost somewhere...
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:32:58 PM

As far into the future as I can see, paper money would still be the primary method of trading. As seen with much of the world, many do not have an internet connection, let alone a computer or even adequate shelter. They are required to be able to trade with some form of digital currency, which in this case is Bitcoins. Paper money on the other hand, is much easier for everybody to use. However, once everybody has access to the internet, digital currency will be superior and will take over! Tongue
I've just combined two things I've read in the previous posts.
Sweeden wants to be a cashless country. One of my friends' had spent a little time there. If you don't have a credit card, you can't even hop on a bus, train, etc because they really don't use cash at all. One place where they are still using coins is the door lock of the public toilets Smiley
Just imagine that you are in a really need and you are about to swipe your card to open the toilet's lock, and the power outage comes Smiley
“There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else there’s MasterCard.”  or not  Smiley
zodiac3011

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 02:36:37 PM

I've just combined two things I've read in the previous posts.
Sweeden wants to be a cashless country. One of my friends' had spent a little time there. If you don't have a credit card, you can't even hop on a bus, train, etc because they really don't use cash at all. One place where they are still using coins is the door lock of the public toilets Smiley
Just imagine that you are in a really need and you are about to swipe your card to open the toilet's lock, and the power outage comes Smiley
“There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else there’s MasterCard.”  or not  Smiley
well even if they use cards for paying the public toilets, they must have some back up plans before deciding to do so Grin they have to think all the outcomes before doing anything
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: