Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:14:16 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 02:02:00 PM by n2004al

I like paper money. I like to feel the buying power in my hands :p Bitcoin makes me feel like a robot. I am not saying paper money is better tho.

I feel more powerful with bitcoin, as I have the reassurance that there are only 21 million of these coins, and they will most probably go up in price.

It will be so absolutely. Exactly because are and will be an fixed amount of bitcoins in circulation there will be always a higher price for them it it will be in use legally. It will be always bigger and bigger the number of people which will want  or need it and this will increase certainly its price in time. The question is only when. And if it will be regulated.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:04:57 AM

I like paper money. I like to feel the buying power in my hands :p Bitcoin makes me feel like a robot. I am not saying paper money is better tho.

I feel more powerful with bitcoin, as I have the reassurance that there are only 21 million of these coins, and they will most probably go up in price.

It will be so absolutely. Exactly because are and will be an fixed amount of bitcoins in circulation there will be always a higher price for them it it will be in use legally. It will be always bigger and bigger the number of people which will want  or need it and this will increase certainly its price in time. The question is only when.

The price of bitcoin will grow exponentially over time. Because satoshi has designed it so. When, people widely uses bitcoin, then the existence of paper money will be rare. In internet we can not use paper money, so when internet commerce boom, paper money will fly away.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:01:57 PM

There are some situation that cash(paper money) can do it job better than digital money.
I think that it will exists as long as we trade things (which means for a long time)
Its popularity maybe can be less than now but it can not disappear.
Coinminer11

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Never risk more than what you're willing to lose

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 11:06:52 PM

If paper money loses its value at least I can use it for firewood lol. I think there will always be some form of paper money, but I see crypto really taking over imho. Everything is going digital I could be wrong but I see it as inevitable in a good way.

If you are reading this,  you have too much time on your hands hahaha! If you're still reading this consider sending me some btc to my wallet on my profile.  Pennies make dollars and dollars make my life more interesting.  Seriously though stop reading this! LOL
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 11:09:30 PM

If paper money loses its value at least I can use it for firewood lol. I think there will always be some form of paper money, but I see crypto really taking over imho. Everything is going digital I could be wrong but I see it as inevitable in a good way.

No they cant its very funny. Paper money burns badly and too fast, so it doesnt even generate enough heat to go through winter on it.

In some places the fiat money is literally worth less than goat shit, because goat shit burns better than fiat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1iojpiHpM

Coinminer11

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Never risk more than what you're willing to lose

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 11:13:48 PM

No they cant its very funny. Paper money burns badly and too fast, so it doesnt even generate enough heat to go through winter on it.

In some places the fiat money is literally worth less than goat shit, because goat shit burns better than fiat:

I was making a joke lol. I honestly have never literally burned my money other than fireworks. Good to know though!

If you are reading this,  you have too much time on your hands hahaha! If you're still reading this consider sending me some btc to my wallet on my profile.  Pennies make dollars and dollars make my life more interesting.  Seriously though stop reading this! LOL
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:53:34 AM

I was making a joke lol. I honestly have never literally burned my money other than fireworks. Good to know though!

How about your gas stove or central heating? That is I guess the most literal form of burning your money nowadays Wink

With a bit of accelerant you get anything to burn. Wink
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:11:21 AM

How about your gas stove or central heating? That is I guess the most literal form of burning your money nowadays Wink

With a bit of accelerant you get anything to burn. Wink

Well its probably illegal to burn money paper notes in many places, so its even much worse than goat shit because you cant even use it for heating Cheesy Cheesy

Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 10:41:46 PM

Physical forms of money will most likely always exist in day to day circulation, whether that be paper, metal, etc. Even long after the invention of email, we still send and receive paper mail. I'd say that once you see the need for physical paper documents diminish, the same will happen to physical money. This is unlikely to happen for a very long time, in my opinion. Even bitcoin, when/if it goes mainstream, might have a widely circulated physical form. As for whether the issuance of both physical and digital currency by central banks (fiat money) will stand the test of time? That's another topic of discussion!
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:48:33 AM

Untill the people get educated about the latest technology like bitcoin, paper money will not get extinct. Some asian countries like mine Nepal have more than 40% uneducated people for them even what is economy is unknown. I think it will take more than 500 years for the extinction of paper money from the world which is also only if bitcoin technology gain popularity in future.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:27:25 AM

over time will add crypto money and will reduce paper money. I think the paper money will not lose its value as a whole. possibly with a margin of 50:50 in the foreseeable future is a normal and fair.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:55:02 PM

I dont think paper money will disappear,still many people all over the world dont have acces to internet,and so many dont have bank account.Also banks have worse and worse reputation
paper will stay,cash is ok

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:10:08 AM

I dont think paper money will disappear,still many people all over the world dont have acces to internet,and so many dont have bank account.Also banks have worse and worse reputation

Should be my new sig! Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Nautiluss

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:10:53 AM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

Paper money is very valuable to some people more than the face value of it but I know it wont be long now that it will be gone because of the new technology it is amazing to find out that this will always help in the future.
Nasus

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:45:48 AM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

would it work?

It will be gone for good in the future.
Quinn

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:42:49 AM

would it work?

The future of the paper money might be bleak.  One reason why digital money is now being used in some countries is it helps prevent crime.
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:33:54 PM

would it work?

The future of the paper money might be bleak.  One reason why digital money is now being used in some countries is it helps prevent crime.

Crime with money will happen whatever the method might be. Digital currency can easily be hacked

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:49:55 PM

I believe that paper money will remain the main and popular mode of payment in future also. I think paper money have its own importance and will never dead. Though people are started using debit cards, credit cards and other digital currencies, there are some transaction which needs to be deal in traditional cash only. Paper money will be always the main mode of payment for day to day transactions.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:34:48 PM

I believe that paper money will remain the main and popular mode of payment in future also. I think paper money have its own importance and will never dead. Though people are started using debit cards, credit cards and other digital currencies, there are some transaction which needs to be deal in traditional cash only. Paper money will be always the main mode of payment for day to day transactions.

Never say never. It's the surveillance states' wet dream to abolish cash.

Imho it is reasonable that cash might be replaced by digital currency once the technology has advanced to a point where creditcard-sized digital currency wallets that allow instant transactions will cost only a few dollars. Hopefully the used currency will be Bitcoin, because then the state doesn't have full control.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
MrsHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:28:14 PM

governments simply aren't interested in incorporating bitcoin. they can't deal with the fact that it is something they can't control. paper money will stay at least for another 10-20 years.

I also think that government is not interesting in incorporating Bitcoin. They are terrified by Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: