Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit trading  (Read 242485 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:43:30 AM

Part of the art of trading is knowing when to sit on your hands and do nothing but wait till you get your entry point. Most mistakes are made when traders feel they must be doing something, must be in the action, and they trade even when the entry point is not ideal. Learn patience people!

This is because there is no indicators that can forecast where the prices are going unlike trading in FOREX where everything is laid and that traders can speculate base on price action, indications and fundamental analysis where news can affect the market. sadly these are not on cryptocurrencies.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:19:34 AM

Part of the art of trading is knowing when to sit on your hands and do nothing but wait till you get your entry point. Most mistakes are made when traders feel they must be doing something, must be in the action, and they trade even when the entry point is not ideal. Learn patience people!

This is because there is no indicators that can forecast where the prices are going unlike trading in FOREX where everything is laid and that traders can speculate base on price action, indications and fundamental analysis where news can affect the market. sadly these are not on cryptocurrencies.
Maybe people should not to stop trading. Because the value will be higher in the future so that is good for trading.
And of course we dont know that. But to make money you must also take risks.....
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:13:04 PM

I understand you. Because the price is not rising. So there is no reason the trade. And it takes a good investment.
And it is very hard to make profit so I know your problem. But maybe you can try it later again when the value is higher. You never know what will happen.
candy27

Activity: 104
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:24:07 PM

You need volatility for trading and there isn't much volatility at the moment - BTC seems to move up and down by only about 1-2%. This is good for BTC as a currency - it's stable. But not so good for traders. perhaps try your luck doing alt trading?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 03:34:22 PM

If you are not so do research about how trading works and what is the best to trade you will not succeed in trading..
Its very hard to decide if what is the best to trade.. but if you use your bitcoin instead of altcoin you use to trade its better to use BTC to usd and usd to btc im sure you can make profit with this way.
Now you are quiting in trading better to invest hold you bitcoin and wait for the price increase after halving so that you can make more money after halving..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 04:32:47 PM

You are mistaking patience for knowledge. If you have knowledge and understanding, your patience (or lack thereof) is irrelevant...

Waiting for too long can be as disastrous

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:56:14 PM

You are mistaking patience for knowledge. If you have knowledge and understanding, your patience (or lack thereof) is irrelevant...

Actually those who are knowledgable are patient!

Most losses come from over-trading, thinking you need furious activity to make a profit. Actually you don't. Plan your entry and then wait for your entry price. There is no such thing as a disaster caused by waiting for a good price. There are an infinite set of opportunities. If you miss one, another will come along. Getting anxious, acting too soon, is usually when you buy at the wrong price, and frequently buy at the top, ensuring a big fat loss.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Oriannaa

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:45:01 PM

I understand you. Because the price is not rising. So there is no reason the trade. And it takes a good investment.
And it is very hard to make profit so I know your problem. But maybe you can try it later again when the value is higher. You never know what will happen.

The price is at a pause at the moment and struggling to rise, but eventually will.

Thats only because people are perceiving this whole halving situation in the next 2 months still which hasnt happened.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 08:10:44 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 09:10:58 AM by deisik

They can be as impatient as anyone else overall, psychologically speaking. But this is truism (like what you say), while the lesson to take home (reverse logic applied) is that if you feel impatience or some other urge to trade, it is most certainly a writing on the wall that you don't know what's going on and are relying on pure luck...

Since otherwise you would be coldblooded and rational (and either trade or stay away from trading)

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:57:00 AM

Most losses come from over-trading, thinking you need furious activity to make a profit. Actually you don't. Plan your entry and then wait for your entry price. There is no such thing as a disaster caused by waiting for a good price. There are an infinite set of opportunities. If you miss one, another will come along. Getting anxious, acting too soon, is usually when you buy at the wrong price, and frequently buy at the top, ensuring a big fat loss.
Just hold it and wait for a good time in the future. We all hope that it will rise in the future and that we can make some profit later.
So please wait a little longer and that we can make some profit in the future and that will be so good.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 10:30:17 AM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.
i will not calculate my trading overall,i know i gonna lost some bitcoins,and less profit,i just focus for what i do now,no matter what my history are. trading is suck if we too focus on profit,but if we enjoy with small and passive result,we gonna happy a lot.
Oriannaa

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:47:41 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

i will not calculate my trading overall,i know i gonna lost some bitcoins,and less profit,i just focus for what i do now,no matter what my history are. trading is suck if we too focus on profit,but if we enjoy with small and passive result,we gonna happy a lot.

The fact that the op did it for 2 years is amazing.

Some people get destroyed from the day 1, so at most they get a valuable education on how trading works? 7 btc difference does hurt but could of been way worse.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:46:24 AM

you can invest them somewhere, loaning site or gambling one, risky but can give you money, or you can just gamble by yourself, that's a good idea too

or of course you can just keep your bitcoins for some time, they will e more expensive after some time, also holding them is easiest and not risky at all wy
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:47:24 AM

What to do with it? give it to me obviously!!  Undecided
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 10:18:25 AM

Now at present trading is the best earning method. Trading would never make one to quit it, only if don't follow the proper tactics.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:33:48 PM

well that is bad idea since trading bitcoins is much much better than gambling or investing in risky sites, you will get much more money from trading as other ways, also it is pretty safe if you know how to trade and you don't do silly mistakes
Oriannaa

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 08:00:09 PM

What to do with it? give it to me obviously!!  Undecided

Thats not even an option lol.

Then the op is at a full negative lol.

Now at present trading is the best earning method. Trading would never make one to quit it, only if don't follow the proper tactics.

What the heck is present trading?

Do you mean day trading? meaning the order is executed on the same day etc.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:10:20 PM

if you know how to read the market and have enough patience, then you can make a more than decent amount with trading throughout the year. however, a lot people here don't have much patience as they are chasing quick profits. these people will mostly switch to an altcoin if the bitcoin price doesn't move much. they get bored and invest without thinking about the risks.
Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:46:08 AM

if you know how to read the market and have enough patience, then you can make a more than decent amount with trading throughout the year. however, a lot people here don't have much patience as they are chasing quick profits. these people will mostly switch to an altcoin if the bitcoin price doesn't move much. they get bored and invest without thinking about the risks.
You need indeed some patience in trading, and I understand that you want to quit with it but you need to wait for a good price increase so you will have a good profit.
But it is hard to know for what is going to happen with the future, but we all hope for the best thing that can happen with the value of the coin.
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:06:28 AM

Invest in small traders with great potential.

I am intrested.
Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: