Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit trading  (Read 242485 times)
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 03:43:08 PM

If trading is not your passion better you quit trading. I couldn't agree more with your decision. For now i think you can use your remains bitcoin to other business. I prefer you to invest your bitcoin to legitimate site that bitcoin related, mining and multi pool is also very good ways .
But I think if a person is not that much better in trading then he will not be able to start a business or any other work which will be more tricky in than trade. As according to my views if a person spend that much time in trade then he do not leave but earn a good income.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 03:54:39 PM

I'd just keep the BTC though..
Price is still going up!

yes just trust your self on trading and thanks to you for updating me that price pumping right now. Trading is a matter of fact that you controlled your own money by your prediction or instinct that how you will keep flow of money that you holding on your hand that can make a cause of positive and negative result, like this bitcoin just buy low and sell it high when the days come.
to quit trading is not the right solution, i think if you want to become a good trader you need to have strong decision power and only then you can make a good profit in trading. therefor you need to change your strategy and not to quit gambling.
The op dedicated 2 full years to trading and he did not make any profit out of it he could have been better just holding his coins, so there are times where the right thing to do is to give up and move on.

I totally agree with you at times the best thing to do is to quit, trading requires a high level of discipline to succeed in it on the long run, and what most people don't understand is that when you make a profit, someone out there is losing money. I tried trading myself and I realise it is not meant for me and I decided to drop it.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 04:02:46 PM

what most people don't understand is that when you make a profit, someone out there is losing money.

i don't think that is always true.  take you and me as an example.

1. Early 2016 I join the exchange and buy 1 BTC at $250

2. You buy 1 BTC in the November time range at $600, the price is important, may have been more like October

3. Now comes the 1000/900/800/900 week we just saw.

4. I can sell at any of those numbers and make a huge profit, no one got hurt. You can sell at any of them and you profit, no one gets hurt.

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:07:41 PM

what most people don't understand is that when you make a profit, someone out there is losing money.

2. You buy 1 BTC in the November time range at $600, the price is important, may have been more like October

4. I can sell at any of those numbers and make a huge profit, no one got hurt. You can sell at any of them and you profit, no one gets hurt.

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point.
yes, I think it is easy to understand explanations. You just need to be smart in making decisions. you buy at a low price and sell them at high prices. only people who are always in a hurry to lose in this case. you may be able to stop, but other people who always feel the benefit, will not stop at this time.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 06:18:24 PM

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point

Your post just screams in agony (emphasis added)

Did you ever think about whom both of you are going to sell, who the profit you are talking about comes from? Do you understand that you profit from the buyer who will be left holding the proverbial bag when the price goes down below his entry point? Bitcoin trading is essentially a zero sum game, so there will always be someone who loses money at the end of the day. It is the same with any purely financial asset out there which has no direct use, i.e. which you can only buy or sell but can't consume

morantis

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:20:24 PM

yes, I think it is easy to understand explanations. You just need to be smart in making decisions. you buy at a low price and sell them at high prices. only people who are always in a hurry to lose in this case. you may be able to stop, but other people who always feel the benefit, will not stop at this time.

honestly, over the extreme long term i believe that bitcoin is going to steadily gain value.  you can play around and win or lose trading in the moment, but if you can hold a balance somewhere of BTC for another ten years, you just might be a very happy investor
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1302
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 06:26:48 PM

honestly, over the extreme long term i believe that bitcoin is going to steadily gain value.  you can play around and win or lose trading in the moment, but if you can hold a balance somewhere of BTC for another ten years, you just might be a very happy investor
It is still depends in your own strategy how you can make a good profit even you are not waiting for 10 years you can earn a good amount in early stage.. if you know the margin the movement of the price is increasing and decrease with small margin $10-$25 is a good start of margin to make profit.. and don't sell all just set percentage of total of your bitcoin to sell and the rest sell it if the price will continue to increase that is one of the good strategy if the price goes low you can buy bitcoins again and save your profit..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

yes no doubt that long term investment is a good way of making money, but i think it required a lot of patient and well power and specially if you are going for invest your money for 10 years. the second is that most of the people have limited amount of bitcoins and that is their all assets, so they  like to invest their assets for short term so as to get instant income and use it for fulfilling their needs, i think long  term investment is good for those people who have some extra bitcoin, they he do not feel the need in next 10 years.
morantis

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:00:29 AM

yes no doubt that long term investment is a good way of making money, but i think it required a lot of patient and well power and specially if you are going for invest your money for 10 years. the second is that most of the people have limited amount of bitcoins and that is their all assets, so they  like to invest their assets for short term so as to get instant income and use it for fulfilling their needs, i think long  term investment is good for those people who have some extra bitcoin, they he do not feel the need in next 10 years.

yeah, we create alt coin hedge mutual funds for some of our clients.  the structure and balance of the coins in the funds is very like a stock market hedge fund.  for a stock market hedge foundation i would very safe using stocks like walmart and microsoft as long-term steady yield stocks. bitcoin is definitely like those stocks, almost guaranteed to be worth more ten years out. 

if that is half your investment funds, the other half could against be split between a selection of brand new alt coins and the other half middle of the road coins like litecoin and eth
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:09:20 PM

If trading is not your passion better you quit trading. I couldn't agree more with your decision. For now i think you can use your remains bitcoin to other business. I prefer you to invest your bitcoin to legitimate site that bitcoin related, mining and multi pool is also very good ways .

It is right, we couldn't courage or discourage to anyone, who have decided to left trading. But i realize, if we have patience than trading give us profit, if we do hurry than make money from trading, many time it is not suit for us and in the end we think may be it is better to quit it. Also i suggest him, should take turn, many other ways are here to invest the bitcoin.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 02:50:23 PM

yes but i think if you can manage and can wait a little more you will see the price again trading at that level. because people have now again started inerest in bitcoin therefore it the investors increased the demand will also and the chance is that the price of bitcoin will also increase and this time we can expect that the price will cross all time high level.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:59:19 PM

i don't think that is always true.  take you and me as an example.

Either one of us could have missed the $1000 price and kicked ourselves a day later selling at $800, but we both still made money. Yes, somewhere tow people traded at $1000 or higher to get that price up there, most likely many people, but that does not mean that anyone lost money.  In fact, any time that the price hits a "record high", in that moment every single Bitcoin holder can sell and make a profit.  It would dump the price, but you get my point.
yes but i think if you can manage and can wait a little more you will see the price again trading at that level. because people have now again started inerest in bitcoin therefore it the investors increased the demand will also and the chance is that the price of bitcoin will also increase and this time we can expect that the price will cross all time high level.
You the point but honestly it is not always good to choose sell all always just sell the partial and sell the rest if the price could be still increase more so that you can make more profit everytime the price is increased. It is always depends in you strategy how you  can manage your ways and methods to make more profit..
dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:14:27 PM

But I think if a person is not that much better in trading then he will not be able to start a business or any other work which will be more tricky in than trade. As according to my views if a person spend that much time in trade then he do not leave but earn a good income.
If the person does not have much capital and experience to be a trader, opening a business can be a more profitable activity. This will depend on the business, of course, and the conditions present in the market. Starting a business in the cryptocurrency space may be a good idea, especially because it is a field that is still in the early stages of development.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:44:38 PM

Mining is simply not interesting enough (if you ever turn out to make profit at all) with the difficulty being in a constant upwards movement. And this is not likely going to stop any time soon.

But digging a bit further in your recommendation of investing in legitimate Bitcoin related sites, what do you then specifically refer to? Investing in casino bank rolls? Investing in certain beginning services?

If you purely look at how hodlers have been doing compared to whatever legitimate investment option, then it's safe to assume that hodling easily outclassed everything.

Mainly when you consider that when you do choose to invest in whatever legitimate site or service, the offered rewards are quite poor. That's why they are only worthwhile when investing amounts like +100BTC.

But then again, there are only a very few people with that many coins where they also have to agree to invest it somewhere. It's not all that easy. Even at legitimate sites or services your precious coins are at risk.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:15:27 PM

That is true, don't ever go in to the situation where you don't see yourself working, if you really think that trading is not good for you then quit, find something where you can be succeed on. Not all people became wealthy by just trading so don't limit yourself. If you don't want to devote your time doing trading then just buy bitcoin and wait for the perfect time to sell as simple as that.

poetra2501

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:29:43 PM

I come to a point where I need to question my staying in trading. I give it a try, but I lost too much. And several times I said no more and after some time I come back and try again.
I'm quitting, but I will not run away when I hear for some good investment coin. When I see some good tip I will try to cut my losses a bit.
Its  really good to  put  up  money when you saw theres a  potential  or opportunity that we could able to earn from it.  Trading  may not  for us  for some   time but  with  the help of others such  as giving   us some  tips we could somehow  follow them and  luckily could able  to make profits. Quiting  is not  a way though   but   if  you learn  how  to  dive  up  opportunities  then  its really a good  move anytime.
In trading, we should know the price movement that happened in last month, last week, last day and today,
so we will easily read the suitable price to us trade it. I suggest to trade Iconomi coin (ICN),
I think, Now, this is the best coin for trade.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:51:00 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

That is what you get for trading a zero sum game, you have just basically gambled, while the exchanges got guaranteed commissions out of you.

It's the oldest trick in the book, you took the risk, they took the sure path.

The markets are efficient, you cant make money over longterm by trading, it's essentially gambling. Its a zero sum game. Congrats, you learned the lesson the hard way.

Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:55:28 PM

I come to a point where I need to question my staying in trading. I give it a try, but I lost too much. And several times I said no more and after some time I come back and try again.
I'm quitting, but I will not run away when I hear for some good investment coin. When I see some good tip I will try to cut my losses a bit.
Its  really good to  put  up  money when you saw theres a  potential  or opportunity that we could able to earn from it.  Trading  may not  for us  for some   time but  with  the help of others such  as giving   us some  tips we could somehow  follow them and  luckily could able  to make profits. Quiting  is not  a way though   but   if  you learn  how  to  dive  up  opportunities  then  its really a good  move anytime.
In trading, we should know the price movement that happened in last month, last week, last day and today,
so we will easily read the suitable price to us trade it. I suggest to trade Iconomi coin (ICN),
I think, Now, this is the best coin for trade.
ICN and some other coins are really better to trade but nowadays focusing on these altcoin is not good because nowadays the time is to invest in bitcoin only because the price of bitcoin is increasing much higher. The bitcoin investors will earn higher than any altcoin investor.
Oggy1987

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 06:56:39 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

So, after 2 years hard and bloody work you end up with not so small minus. There is new topic every few days about how to make more money, I hope I wont see another "start trading" advice. Like people dont realize its really not that easy, that you gotta learn for years, lose some money on the way to even call yourself trading beginner. And I dont think people posting those threads have much bitcoin to spare, otherwise they wouldnt ask those questions.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:17:12 AM

I'd just keep the BTC though..
Price is still going up!

yes just trust your self on trading and thanks to you for updating me that price pumping right now. Trading is a matter of fact that you controlled your own money by your prediction or instinct that how you will keep flow of money that you holding on your hand that can make a cause of positive and negative result, like this bitcoin just buy low and sell it high when the days come.
to quit trading is not the right solution, i think if you want to become a good trader you need to have strong decision power and only then you can make a good profit in trading. therefor you need to change your strategy and not to quit gambling.
The op dedicated 2 full years to trading and he did not make any profit out of it he could have been better just holding his coins, so there are times where the right thing to do is to give up and move on.

I totally agree with you at times the best thing to do is to quit, trading requires a high level of discipline to succeed in it on the long run, and what most people don't understand is that when you make a profit, someone out there is losing money. I tried trading myself and I realise it is not meant for me and I decided to drop it.
It does not mean you cannot try again later but if things don't work out you can give up for the time being sometimes I don't understand a subject only to realize weeks or months later of my mistakes I made and then everything becomes a lot clearer and I have better understanding of what happened.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: