Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:57:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam alert : Do NOT INVEST in Genesis Mining  (Read 257754 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 04:31:01 PM

Genesis Mining is committing daylight robbery. I mean it sells contracts to investors knowing very well they will lose money. Why does the company continue providing a service which make investors lose money? As far as I am concerned Genesis Mining is one big scam. Its directors are crooks and fraudsters and should be prosecuted.

this one is easy to answer: because there are always clueless suckers paying for it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Glucose (OP)

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:11:24 PM

Genesis Mining is committing daylight robbery. I mean it sells contracts to investors knowing very well they will lose money. Why does the company continue providing a service which make investors lose money? As far as I am concerned Genesis Mining is one big scam. Its directors are crooks and fraudsters and should be prosecuted.

this one is easy to answer: because there are always clueless suckers paying for it

That's why we have to hurt their reputation. Feel free to add a negative trust to their profile : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=247140

When there will be enough negative trust it will become quite hard for them to sell anything.
zero1ten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 11:56:20 AM

It's a great thing to be a member of this forum, I almost invested $250 worth of zcash just last week on genesis, but decided to put it on hold, thankfully I found this thread. Never doubted that site before seeing this.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 03:07:43 PM

It's a great thing to be a member of this forum, I almost invested $250 worth of zcash just last week on genesis, but decided to put it on hold, thankfully I found this thread. Never doubted that site before seeing this.

consider yourself very lucky.

question everything in bitcoin and always do due diligence.

zero1ten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 03:16:42 PM

consider yourself very lucky.

question everything in bitcoin and always do due diligence.

Yeah i know, but I never have any doubt about genesis before though by looking at all the good reviews about them on other sites, so I'm kinda not paying attention on their credibility until I read this thread.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:00:31 PM

I'm sure they are trying to keep their own mining operation afloat by allowing contract buyers to chip in. This is a really clever, but easy to understand setup, or scheme if you prefer.
A site owner buys mining hardware and offers you to share the costs and profits, but hides his real costs and profits from you. In the end the end what he gets from you is a low (or no) interest loan, to finance his own mining operation, and 99% of the profits go to him and 1% to you.

convertekk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Javascript developer, Available for work

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 04:59:08 PM

They are letting users buy HashPower even before account verification. One could get a hint of their greed from this. Glad I didn't sign up.

tbonetony

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:54:24 PM

They are letting users buy HashPower even before account verification. One could get a hint of their greed from this. Glad I didn't sign up.

There are many other choices elsewhere. Good decision to ditch GM.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:31:54 AM

Genesis Mining is legitimate but they are in this to make money for themselves and their investors first remember. The dirty secret they try to hide from investors is the very high daily fees they charge. For SHA-256 they charge $0.35 per TH per day. That means over half your mining profit goes to Genesis Mining in terms of fees. That is not fair and there are alternatives. BW.com only charges $0.26 per TH per day while ViaBTC is lowest at $0.16 per TH per day. Hashnest is not selling hosted S9 mining yet.

Yes really they are stealing people money directly in the form of high fees, many people are investing into genesis mining because they cannot able afford all the requirement for mining, so people are investing into genesis but here they are getting very less amount of coin of what their investment. Really genesis large user base really they are setting all the farms for mining which are from people money only. But they are not giving much returns to the people. Really very disgusting.
tbonetony

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:44:00 AM

Genesis Mining is legitimate but they are in this to make money for themselves and their investors first remember. The dirty secret they try to hide from investors is the very high daily fees they charge. For SHA-256 they charge $0.35 per TH per day. That means over half your mining profit goes to Genesis Mining in terms of fees. That is not fair and there are alternatives. BW.com only charges $0.26 per TH per day while ViaBTC is lowest at $0.16 per TH per day. Hashnest is not selling hosted S9 mining yet.

Yes really they are stealing people money directly in the form of high fees, many people are investing into genesis mining because they cannot able afford all the requirement for mining, so people are investing into genesis but here they are getting very less amount of coin of what their investment. Really genesis large user base really they are setting all the farms for mining which are from people money only. But they are not giving much returns to the people. Really very disgusting.

Well said. They haven't done anything so obviously criminal. However, attracting the crowd into a pitch that is unlikely to ROI from the very beginning is also sick practice and morale.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:55:58 AM

Any cloudmining services promising ROI under 10 month is for sure scam. However I did invest in GM but only $20 to see how does it work and now after 4 month I wouldn't invest there, problem solved.
Glucose (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:46:49 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 11:33:14 PM by Glucose

Any cloudmining services promising ROI under 10 month is for sure scam. However I did invest in GM but only $20 to see how does it work and now after 4 month I wouldn't invest there, problem solved.

Yeah problem "solved". But too bad you lost 20$, like many others.

By the way : I'm quite happy to see others website saying Genesis Mining is a scam : http://kipicommunity.org/genesis-mining-review-is-it-profitable-to-mine-with-genesis-mining/
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 09:31:23 AM

Yeah problem "solved". But too bad you lost 20$, like many others.

By the way : I'm quite happy to see others website saying Genesis Mining is a scam : http://kipicommunity.org/genesis-mining-review-is-it-profitable-to-mine-with-genesis-mining/

$20 is nothing compared to a valuable lesson you learned there. could've lost a lot more

WhoBeYou

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 08:10:54 PM

Bought some "Lifetime" hash power just to see what would happen. 7 months later I no longer recieve any payments and it says I don't have any hashpower, even my order for the hashpower has been wiped but transaction history is still there. Don't know what happened but I sure wasn't close to a ROI anytime soon.
Glucose (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:27:16 PM

Bought some "Lifetime" hash power just to see what would happen. 7 months later I no longer recieve any payments and it says I don't have any hashpower, even my order for the hashpower has been wiped but transaction history is still there. Don't know what happened but I sure wasn't close to a ROI anytime soon.

If you ask Genesis Mining they will probably tell you that fees were higher than your payout. Sorry for you. Spread the word : GM isn't profitable.

By the way : Good news everybody. Genesis Mining has been added to the global list of bitcoin scam : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326821.0
allcloudminers

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 07:23:11 PM

We have published all our payouts from Genesis Mining in our Genesis Mining Reviewhttp://www.allcloudminers.com/genesis-mining-review/. We have payout charts and calculated ROI. We compare the calculated ROI to other cloud mining reviews such as Hashflare, ViaBTC, Hashing24 and much more.

Read our blog to get all updated calculations. Remember that the payouts will increase if the Bitcoin price increase which has happened the last month.

Genesis Mining closes the contracts if they are unprofitable for a certain amount of days in a row. This is standard among all cloud mining companies for "lifetime" contracts.

Remember that cloud mining is an investment with risk as any other investment.
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:35:44 PM

Read our blog to get all updated calculations. Remember that the payouts will increase if the Bitcoin price increase which has happened the last month.

Does anybody know how much in BTC can I mine using genesis-mining per 1 TH/s per day nowadays? Is it worth to buy BTC mining powers with this enormously high BTC price?

I've read the blog above, but since then BTC price appreciated and total mining power increased.
Malindi

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 03:35:59 AM

Does anybody know how much in BTC can I mine using genesis-mining per 1 TH/s per day nowadays? Is it worth to buy BTC mining powers with this enormously high BTC price?

I've read the blog above, but since then BTC price appreciated and total mining power increased.

Unless you are a bitcoin mining expert with deep pockets, or are prepared to learn to become one, stay away from bitcoin mining. Your question suggests you are not an expert all. Neither am I, so I don’t have an answer to your questions.

But I am actually surprised that you still want to invest with Genesis Mining despite many members telling you the company is a scam. Do not trust anything from Allcloudminers, the website has been down voted as untrustworthy.
sofafaso

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:29:40 AM

Hi guys,

I'm new here to the forum. I read this thread from the first page to the last page. I, too, was wondering if I could invest on Genesis. I saw the old post there was something about the expiry of contract - 1 year, basically means there is a time limit. I am talking about BTC so I registered an account with Genesis and saw that there are no longer validity of contract anymore. It seems it will mine forever. What do you guys think of it now?

Kind of pissed I'm sure when it comes to a contract with expiry date especially if we don't reach the ROI - We're thinking what the hell are we investing for if we don't reach the ROI when the contract has ended. Should we re-invest? Hello no, of course not right? But now the feature is mining all the time without any validity, do you think it is fair now to invest? But I do wonder why Genesis all of the sudden change its policy from a validity contract to validity-free contract. Why didn't they start the non-validity contract in the first place? That can be very skeptical and raise some concerns, don't you think?

Another thing I want to point out is the BTC price. I read one page in the forum saying 8-9 months of ROI but I don't think this is the case. This is actually debatable. If you guys monitor the price of BTC since Day 1, you will able to see if the investment will be profitable or not. BTC as of last year 2015 lowest was around $200 per BTC and then trending was up as the year goes by till 2016, $300, $400, $500 per BTC. And now we are at January 2017, BTC price is at $900++, and then surpassed the level of $1000+. As I am writing this post at this date, the price is now at $800++ per BTC.

Do you guys see what I am getting at? Buy low then sell high for fast profit. Theoretically, if you guys started investing at $200 era, and sell your BTC this year at $1000, that will be profitable. But I don't think you will get that 8-9 months of ROI if the price is volatile up and down unless the price is exactly constant throughout the time OR the trending is always up.

Let say you started invested during the $1000 per BTC, this wouldn't be profitable as you expected because the price now is still below $1000. I don't think it's fair to see the profit as in dollars of ROI, you should instead see it as how much number BTC the account can produce for you. As for the BTC market price, there is nothing you can do because you are not able to control BTC market price. So the way I see is that you have to accumulate and collect your BTC as much as possible and decide when to sell your BTC at a higher price provided that the BTC market price increases overtime. Otherwise you have to collect more number of BTC to sell at lower price so that you can reach your ROI but I think that would be ages to wait.

People say Genesis is a scam or a Ponzi scheme but still there seems to be a benefit of a doubt because they started the business at a cheap price of BTC. Ponzi scheme usually works and will only benefit the people who started the earliest as long as there are people joining in, and those who joined at a later time will obviously suffer.

Guys, I'm not taking side on Genesis and I am also not against it either. However, there is still a benefit of the doubt to be given. Try open the past BTC charts, and calculate your investment if you were to start on 2015, or way months back of 2016 and see if you are profitable or not.

Plus, you're receiving the BTC via your e-wallet. This is not forex where you are trading against broker/the market or Genesis. At the end of the day, how much BTC you accumulate in your e-wallet is what you're selling later and again you're not selling this BTC to Genesis too - unless you want to reinvest, that would be a different story.

Another thing I want to share is this calculator and most of you may know this: https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

The calculator is very straight forward, punch in your Hash Rate and see how much you get based on daily, weekly or monthly. If you guys know how to calculate the difficulty at a given period, even better or check https://blockchain.info/ for past records but that would be tedious anyway.

If any of you guys have invested before, the coins calculated based on the calculator (daily/weekly/monthly), it is actually slightly higher than what Genesis is mined - yes I started with $30 as a capital shared with 3 friends $10 each - we just wanted to test the waters if my theory is right lol - if we are wrong, I am just going to imagine we lose those $10 each on a couple of beers. Can any of you guys who had invested on Genesis used this calculator and compared what you mined in Genesis, tell me was it lower or higher than the calculator produced? I bet it was lower if it's otherwise, let me know. I am guessing this difference goes to the maintenance fee claimed by Genesis. I know it's ridiculous, they took our initial money capital as profit and they still take a portion of our money based on per day transaction of BTC. Well I guess that's how a company usually works, they want to gain as much profit as they can.

When it comes to this, I think this is why they introduced the contract with validity in the first place because BTC trending back then was going up -  they thought investors will be profitable before the contract was ended - I don't know, maybe Genesis screwed up there? But now maybe because of BTC is at a expensive price so Genesis is featuring a forever mining BTC contract, so what do you guys think?
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:46:02 AM

I thought they were trusted when I searched badbitcoin.org and then I found this thread and there goes my plan in investing. Thanks for the warning.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: