Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:22:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Science of Getting Rich  (Read 6259 times)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:34:04 PM

- Real estate is cheap because of the housing crash. (remember that saying, buy low, sell high?  Well now is the "buy low" period!)
Not by a long shot. House prices are still far too high.

"Low" for house prices means below the non-bubble prices, which for many decades meant the average house price in an area was no more than three times the average income in the area, with buyers expected to put 20% down and acceptable backend ratios.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:52:20 PM

- Real estate is cheap because of the housing crash. (remember that saying, buy low, sell high?  Well now is the "buy low" period!)

"Low" for house prices means below the non-bubble prices, which for many decades meant the average house price in an area was no more than three times the average income in the area, with buyers expected to put 20% down and acceptable backend ratios.
At least in my area, we're getting close to that.  Average home price is $194k, average family salary is $49k, so just under 4x average salary.

Also, don't forget that land is a finite resource.  Land didn't used to be nearly as valuable as it is now, but cities are tightening up on the amount of land they allow to be used for residential and commercial usage.  I wouldn't expect us to ever dip back down to the 3x average income rate again, just because build-able land is becoming more and more scarce, and will only continue to do so absent some worldwide plague or nuclear war that reduces the world population significantly.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:55:55 PM

+1.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 06:59:47 PM

WARNING!!!

OP link JESUS ALERT!

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:50:22 PM

~ 1:20

"purpose of nature is the advancement and unfolding of life"
no

Since when is nature not about surviving and reproducing?
 Cheesy
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:20:09 PM

At least in my area, we're getting close to that.  Average home price is $194k, average family salary is $49k, so just under 4x average salary.

Also, don't forget that land is a finite resource.  Land didn't used to be nearly as valuable as it is now, but cities are tightening up on the amount of land they allow to be used for residential and commercial usage.  I wouldn't expect us to ever dip back down to the 3x average income rate again, just because build-able land is becoming more and more scarce, and will only continue to do so absent some worldwide plague or nuclear war that reduces the world population significantly.

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/

The average price of a house is around $1,000,000 in Vancouver and the average salary is around $45K, I think the problem is lack of innovation; one solution would be to sleep about 7 people per room.

Now I don't feel privileged any more Undecided

Yes the demand to rent is high and the property is finite so the average Vancouverite spends over 50% of their income on rent. In Vancouver anyway, there is no free market on land anymore, it is now an oligopoly (more practically a monopoly).  This is the antithesis of free, looks a little like voluntary slavery.

As for investments I will go with 30% rated dividend paying stocks including banking stocks.
The rest is invested in me as a struggling entrepreneur.
My savings are the Bitcoin my rigs produce; (while I see cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin as the solution) I can't intellectually invest more in Bitcoin because of the problems I see in its distribution, this is the ultimate adoption problem. ( it is all good and well me mining a bunch and will only sell when I make good return, but this action is the action that will prevent people from parting with their Bitcoin hence adoption will be slow.)     

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
SgtSpike
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:30:55 PM

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/

The average price of a house is around $1,000,000 in Vancouver and the average salary is around $45K, I think the problem is lack of innovation; one solution would be to sleep about 7 people per room.

Now I don't feel privileged any more Undecided

Yes the demand to rent is high and the property is finite so the average Vancouverite spends over 50% of their income on rent. In Vancouver anyway, there is no free market on land anymore, it is now an oligopoly (more practically a monopoly).  This is the antithesis of free, looks a little like voluntary slavery.

As for investments I will go with 30% rated dividend paying stocks including banking stocks.
The rest is invested in me as a struggling entrepreneur.
My savings are the Bitcoin my rigs produce; (while I see cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin as the solution) I can't intellectually invest more in Bitcoin because of the problems I see in its distribution, this is the ultimate adoption problem. ( it is all good and well me mining a bunch and will only sell when I make good return, but this action is the action that will prevent people from parting with their Bitcoin hence adoption will be slow.)     

Ah, yes, I've heard of the crazy housing prices in Vancouver, and can understand the reluctance to invest in the market there.  I should have asked where you live first.  Wink

Regardless, is there anyplace in Canada that does not have such insane housing prices that you would feel comfortable investing in?  Or would it be possible for you to invest in real estate in the US?  I am uncertain regarding any regulations surrounding that.

I suppose my only other suggestion is putting some investment into the precious metals as a hedge, though I expect those won't do so well when economies begin the turn around.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:42:26 AM

Want to get rich, invest in the market of purest graphite mine, those pure graphite mine will be so in demand soon, because the purest graphite is needed to make affordable GRAPHENE !

wath this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmVnHgwOZs&feature=colike
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:52:26 AM

http://youtu.be/ub0Th1ewlws?t=58m
Bullshit.

My ears are bleeding. Yes, thank you God, you are so great. Roll Eyes
This has been written in the early 1900s and published in 1910. Just a reminder.

no

"to be content with less is sinful"
Calvinism? I'm out.

Yes, and yes. Five minutes into it I couldn't stand the pathetic shallowness any more.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
#machinist

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:53:39 AM

Get Rich or Die Mining  Grin Grin
Liquid (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 08:39:01 AM

I dont know if everything is true but its probably the fame of mind you have to be in if you want to get rich lol

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 11:37:21 AM

no

Cheesy

people can say nature has this or that purpose but by itself it has none (that we know of). and btw: a tree does not want to survive. It simply does - or not. Evolution is mostly a passive process.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:40:22 PM

no

Cheesy

people can say nature has this or that purpose but by itself it has none (that we know of). and btw: a tree does not want to survive. It simply does - or not. Evolution is mostly a passive process.
Even truer!
Pteppic

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 02:03:03 PM

Robert Kiyosaki always struck me as the worst kind of false-hope peddler. He got rich by riding a boom in housing that isn't going to be repeated any time soon and then tells everyone else that they could do the same when they obviously can't. He also wants to become a billionaire in his lifetime. Really? Is there nothing he actually wants to do with all the money except accumulate more?

In case that sounds like sour grapes, there are other get-rich-quick books I have enjoyed (like The 4 hour Work Week), but Rich Dad Poor Dad really didn't impress me.

"Remember too on every occasion which leads you to vexation to apply this principle: not that this is a misfortune, but that to bear it nobly is good fortune." - Marcus Aurelius
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 09:05:06 PM

no

Cheesy

Even truer!

Grin
DreDri

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 08:42:36 PM

The link is dead and I couldn't find a mention in the thread - could someone tell me who the author/orator in the OP is?

Dankss
Flowz

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Bitcoin = Money for the people, by the people.

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 09:41:39 PM

The link is dead and I couldn't find a mention in the thread - could someone tell me who the author/orator in the OP is?

Dankss

Here is the digitaly written copy:
http://images.thesecret.tv/The-Science-of-Getting-Rich.pdf

Flowz
DreDri

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:39:45 PM

Thanks Flowz, I remember this now. Six years later, maybe I should look over it again because I'm still not rich..
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 01, 2012, 01:47:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub0Th1ewlws

Just listened to the whole thing really interesting if you have time i do recommend it  Wink

In order to become rich all you need is a pen and a paper.

If you can write good books, movies, etc you can become rich.
If you can play soccer, run or box you can become rich.
If you can sing like a star, you can become rich.
If you can entertain with your humor, you can become rich.
If you can paint.

All of these are things you can learn or do for free.

It is a matter of being good at something.. making a product/service that people want and then convincing lots of people to give you money.

Its just the last part is the tough one....

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 06:56:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub0Th1ewlws

Just listened to the whole thing really interesting if you have time i do recommend it  Wink

In order to become rich all you need is a pen and a paper.

If you can write good books, movies, etc you can become rich.
If you can play soccer, run or box you can become rich.
If you can sing like a star, you can become rich.
If you can entertain with your humor, you can become rich.
If you can paint.

All of these are things you can learn or do for free.

It is a matter of being good at something.. making a product/service that people want and then convincing lots of people to give you money.

Its just the last part is the tough one....

This is part of the impetus behind better education for young people (teaching them alternatives such as the Austrian School) and more socialization in general.  Getting to know each other better, so that the transactions between us become of a higher quality.  Conversing honestly, responsibly, diplomatically and logically correct.  Using our words and language (this awesome forum for communications we know as the interwebs... Is THIS really true???  consider this:  Only 20 years ago, when we answered our phones, most of the time we had NO CLUE who was going to be on the other end.  Now:  We have electronic forums, catered and specialized to whatever interest we fancy to google up, and instant access to highly knowledgeable people that we converse with just as the person sitting next to me on the couch, yet we have no clue who each other is.  We have no clue who we are, STILL, but we are learning and even creating who we are) --
One method boiling down to sales tactics:  A good salesperson has to know the customer well enough to know precisely their demands; the more detail, the more chance of a sale.  And the product is you, and me; well, our labor and products/services. But this time, our products/services will NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE what WE personally choose for ourselves -- this will be the only way to be compatible with the coming new aeon (or whatever - there's huge change coming; if you can't smell it, you have no nose).
 Bottom line:  Decentralization and individual direct ownership and management of our own labor, labor that we choose based on our preferences and not imposed upon us by external pressures to pay ever-increasing interest on loans just for basic amenities of life... That decentralization and individual ownership is imminent, and it will be a direct product of technology that will by that time be past the point of no return, and NOT any political agenda and certainly no religious / national decree or government legislation.  The change will be worldwide and profoundly personal, in the sense that when we prepare for our work, when we get ourselves pumped/stoked/psyched for our day, there will be a personal process of introspection that will be absolutely fundamental to successful sales of an individual's product of his/her/its chosen profession.  <-- This, as opposed to the grim depersonalization involved in the pumping/stoking/psyching process most of us are familiar with, just to cater to something would not have chosen had it not been for those imposed artificial externalities.
We will finally be free to be ourselves.  Hell, we ARE.  What a ramble.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: