Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:47:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Rising on Reddit] Bitpay Reportedly Lays Off Most of Entire Staff  (Read 4121 times)
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:38:03 AM

This is very bad news for the bitcoin industry. Hope the company can survive the disaster. Pray for the staffs who are being lay off...

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:56:34 AM

The logical explanation of this is because the last hack they got , and they probably can't pay everyone now , thats all . (At least I hope)
I don't think there is anything to worry about , they should get back on their feets soon .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:28:57 PM

The logical explanation of this is because the last hack they got , and they probably can't pay everyone now , thats all . (At least I hope)
I don't think there is anything to worry about , they should get back on their feets soon .

But one important thing is that they have to address the security problem. It is obvious that they do not have that process in place and rely on single email for such a big transfer from cold storage!
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:33:56 PM

what does this say about their wallet, will it get shut down soon too?
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 01:52:24 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 02:04:39 PM by MicroGuy

This is very bad news for the bitcoin industry. Hope the company can survive the disaster. Pray for the staffs who are being lay off...

They just flushed 32.5 million down a black hole. This quote pretty much sums up where the company is headed with its current team.

Best chance of survival would be to replace the guy that sent 1.8 million to the wrong person, and that Italian guy that flies around the world burning through cash telling everyone how great the business is doing. Step one in a turn-around must include replacing both these individuals.

Step two. Processing 2000 transactions a day can be handled by 1 or 2 employees, add one for sales and one for reception, and anything over a staff of 5 is overkill. Shift the focus to include payroll integration like bitwage and quit burning cash. That's the best way to right this sinking ship.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:45:56 PM

They will probably soon get another VC funding round and get back on track. I don't think that bitty will fail, they seem to be a big bitcoin player and I am sure that their investors won't let them "die" like that.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:11:15 PM

I really hope that they as an exchange service will continue to function, I rely on them.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:40:39 PM

I really hope that they as an exchange service will continue to function, I rely on them.
alot of merchants also use the bitpay service to accept payments, they should build back up soon.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:42:56 PM

alot of merchants also use the bitpay service to accept payments, they should build back up soon.
That's why I'm always excited when a new exchange service launches, we need more of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: