Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Given 2 BTC where will you invest ?
21 Bitcoin Computer - 4 (7.5%)
Cloud Mining Website - 8 (15.1%)
I'll just hold - 41 (77.4%)
Total Voters: 53

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 Bitcoin Computer or Cloud Mining Website ?  (Read 4920 times)
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:27:21 AM

The "21 Bitcoin Computer" is literally the following components (mostly):

- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (Quad core, 1G Ram, etc)
- 128GB MicroSD card
- A power supply
- A 21Inc special ASIC mining board that sits atop the Raspberry Pi, and includes some kind of shroud with what looks like a small 4mm fan. This board almost certainly powers the Raspberry Pi and is driven via the GPIO pins on Pi.
- Their special software that allows it connect with their servers.

21Inc. makes no specific claim for it as a miner. Should be shipped in about a month. Look it up on Amazon for purchase details and a link to the details associated with what you are buying.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014RD021C?keywords=21%20bitcoin%20computer&qid=1444879515&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

You decide from that if you want it. Looks like you won't be required to buy with BTC, but can us a CC. If they don't ship, I'd expect you'll get a full refund.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:31:08 AM

Given 2 BTC, i.e. ~400 USD, which path would you chose ? Buy a 21 Bitcoin Computer or invest in Cloud Mining Website to secure 2 Ths hash power ?

For me, 21 Bitcoin Computer is nothing but a Raspberry Pi Miner, whereas Cloud Mining Website is having a long history of payment. So, my obvious choice is the second one. What is yours ?

If you had purchased $400 of BTC on September 21st, you would be "money ahead" in terms of dollars. You would almost certainly be ahead of a "Cloud Mining" service as well.The last 30 days have been kind to "Buy and Hold" kind of folks. 
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 10:42:24 PM

I think I will hold my Bitcoins.

What exactly is the The 21 Bitcoin Computer? (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014RD021C). Is it like the stand-alone Bitcoin node that Bitnodes was offering, except this one has no screen?

EDIT: https://21.co/learn/faq/#what-is-the-21-bitcoin-computer

What is the 21 Bitcoin Chip?
The 21 Bitcoin Chip is an application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) specifically designed to provide a constant stream of bitcoin to your computer as a system resource.

Funny!  Grin

Is that for real? A mini ARM PC just like the Arduino or the RasPI (20$) ends up being 400$ because it comes with some software on it based on open source code?

Just wow. If that sell, some people here will make a killing making a image of a RasPI with a pre-setup bitcoincore/mining node where you just need to slap or generate a wallet.dat on it.

All they have to do is copy it to a cheap RasPI and they make 2000% return.

This is called Magic of Marketing. They add value through awesome packaging. 21.co CEO is an awesome marketeer.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:51:01 PM

What exactly is the The 21 Bitcoin Computer? (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014RD021C). Is it like the stand-alone Bitcoin node that Bitnodes was offering, except this one has no screen?

The 21 Bitcoin Chip is an application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) specifically designed to provide a constant stream of bitcoin to your computer as a system resource.

Funny!  Grin

Is that for real? A mini ARM PC just like the Arduino or the RasPI (20$) ends up being 400$ because it comes with some software on it based on open source code?

Just wow. If that sell, some people here will make a killing making a image of a RasPI with a pre-setup bitcoincore/mining node where you just need to slap or generate a wallet.dat on it.

This is called Magic of Marketing. They add value through awesome packaging. 21.co CEO is an awesome marketeer.

I don't know if its good skills as a marketeer or how oblivious/impulsive the consumer base is. I suppose it works for people that do not care to spend their money efficiently.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 07:13:39 PM

Funny!  Grin

I don't know if its good skills as a marketeer or how oblivious/impulsive the consumer base is. I suppose it works for people that do not care to spend their money efficiently.

It is the same reason why iPhone sales. Most of the iPhone features are available on cheap phones. But, iPhone sales never face a roadblock. It is branding.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 08:34:22 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 08:44:27 PM by BitcoinNewsMagazine

cloudmining.website is a ponzi scheme.

Yes, puppet's Cloudmining 101 already lists cloudmining.website as a ponzi with 7/7 certainty. OP is an affiliate and is just creating threads to promote the ponzi he is a member of.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:34:20 PM

Unless they reduce the price of the 21 Bitcoin Computer, I will never spend a single cent and just hold my coins until something good and profitable is released (like Bitmain's Antminer S7) The only thing that I like of the Bitcoin Computer is its design.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:39:57 PM

Unless they reduce the price of the 21 Bitcoin Computer, I will never spend a single cent and just hold my coins until something good and profitable is released (like Bitmain's Antminer S7) The only thing that I like of the Bitcoin Computer is its design.  Smiley

Its a really silly device. Its basically just a RasPi. Not sure how much ripping off you can hide with nice advertising but, not that much for me. Thats for sure.

I think it would be a cool thing to play with if they reduced the price by 75%. After all it does advertise some software that goes along with it that is nice for Devs.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TheGeorge

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:53:47 PM

If the person held 2 BTC, it would have already been worth ~650 USD, i.e. he would have made 250 USD by doing nothing. Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:55:40 AM

If the person held 2 BTC, it would have already been worth ~650 USD, i.e. he would have made 250 USD by doing nothing. Smiley

And a lot of us are good at doing nothing Smiley.  I want to see S7 prices when it comes back.  People at beginning were buying at 230 BTC now it is 330.  That is a huge difference on buying a miner.   If they don't raise it the ones buying at 330 will be getting a much quicker ROI.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:38:33 AM

And a lot of us are good at doing nothing Smiley.  I want to see S7 prices when it comes back.  People at beginning were buying at 230 BTC now it is 330.  That is a huge difference on buying a miner.   If they don't raise it the ones buying at 330 will be getting a much quicker ROI.

I really wonder too. But am i the only one that's wondering if they won't just mine with their future batches, at least while the profitability is this high, instead of selling it? The income they produced when they came on sale has now went up by 35%~.

Running them themselves just got a whole lot more lucrative...

They can just run them, then sell them on their Cloud Website, and then bam if it devalues they lose nothing. If they raise, they gain everything. Hah.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:42:21 AM

And a lot of us are good at doing nothing Smiley.  I want to see S7 prices when it comes back.  People at beginning were buying at 230 BTC now it is 330.  That is a huge difference on buying a miner.   If they don't raise it the ones buying at 330 will be getting a much quicker ROI.

I really wonder too. But am i the only one that's wondering if they won't just mine with their future batches, at least while the profitability is this high, instead of selling it? The income they produced when they came on sale has now went up by 35%~.

They can just run them, then sell them on their Cloud Website, and then bam if it devalues they lose nothing. If they raise, they gain everything. Hah.

The great thing for them is they can do both.  They throw them on a shelf and do "burn-in" until it sells.  And they make (I'm guessing as they dont release it) but a good profit on machine.

Then they make another machine to sit on the shelf on data center.  So they get best of both worlds as they are dong both.  Also it lets them upgrade when they want to.  For example sellng their used S5's they got good profit off them, and it allowed them to bump up to S7's.  So they really are in a win/win stuaton.
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 02:30:28 PM

The great thing for them is they can do both.  They throw them on a shelf and do "burn-in" until it sells.  And they make (I'm guessing as they dont release it) but a good profit on machine.

Then they make another machine to sit on the shelf on data center.  So they get best of both worlds as they are dong both.  Also it lets them upgrade when they want to.  For example sellng their used S5's they got good profit off them, and it allowed them to bump up to S7's.  So they really are in a win/win stuaton.

All your calculations are based on the assumption that price will hold at 330+. But, history says, it wont. It will go down to ~200 again and then rebound from there.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:27:51 PM

I doubt it will get down to ~200, but I just bet a fair bit that it's going to drop, I'd guess more likely back into the $230-$250 range probably before year end.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:01:34 PM

I doubt it will get down to ~200, but I just bet a fair bit that it's going to drop, I'd guess more likely back into the $230-$250 range probably before year end.

The price went up to 310$ before, 325$~ this time and went down to 220$ before, so probably 235$ this time. Its purely speculation but there are fair chances of the pattern repeating, until it get broken, which it hasn't yet.

But profitability is still decent in the 240$~260$ range so works for me. People just now that thought cloud mining just became lucrative are probably going to get disappointed though. The BTC price is dropping now and the difficulty is going to make a big leap this time.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:35:35 AM

well it's not the case as we are running again for the 350 mark it seems that it was not a fake pump this time

this can seriously help casual mininers joining the game, 50% more in price is not a joke it offer a great boost to anyone
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:16:07 AM

well it's not the case as we are running again for the 350 mark it seems that it was not a fake pump this time

this can seriously help casual mininers joining the game, 50% more in price is not a joke it offer a great boost to anyone

Another 50 percent jump would be huge for home and hobby miners.  Assuming the last jump of around 100 sticks... that is already a huge bump.

So if we can get more then that that is huge money really in the scheme of home/hobby miners.  Time will tell what it is seems like we might be around current value for a bit as market adjusts.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:03:24 AM

On currently available miners, 50% jump isn't a lot - especially as fast as diff has been climbing since the S5+ showed up.
Great for those of us that already have working miners, not much help if you don't already have the hardware in place and running as it has very little effect on chance of RoI for those that don't have very cheap electric.

Bitmain pricing tendancies, and lack of recent S7 availability, doesn't help any.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
zodiac3011

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:02:58 PM

Cloudmining is a pure ponzi I have to say but 21 Bitcoin Computer? I have no idea what's for but they claim nothing about its capable of mining. All I see is selling product, buying stuff.... Tongue
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:33:02 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 07:24:34 AM by Amph

On currently available miners, 50% jump isn't a lot - especially as fast as diff has been climbing since the S5+ showed up.
Great for those of us that already have working miners, not much help if you don't already have the hardware in place and running as it has very little effect on chance of RoI for those that don't have very cheap electric.

Bitmain pricing tendancies, and lack of recent S7 availability, doesn't help any.

there is a reduction of 5.1% on the earning for one s5(it was 0.098 remember our dialogue about it?), now this is 0.093, not a big change, but the price is now 366, when it was 230, this is near 60%

in other words, the price is increasing so fast that diff can't keep with it, this is the perfect opportunity for some casual miners to jump in for a quick buck and sell their gear if the price would stop climbing
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: