Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:18:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why not pump and dump those jerks?  (Read 7542 times)
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 10:27:40 PM

The title probably already gave it away but I think we're all thinking this. 

No we don,t

You know how quite a large number of BTC transactions involve illegal stuff?  Don't you wish you could damage those guys' business or basically take their money?  Well, most drug-buying, burnout, ass clowns aren't exactly way into following the BTC community.  Drug dealers probably can't read so well to begin with so needless to say, most aren't here following every little post Tongue

+1000

1. Drug dealers probably can't read so well to begin with? The drug dealers in question were smart enough to use a computer to set up tor to log on to a site to use encrypted communications to buy and sell goods using a currency most people are just beginning to wrap their heads around.

COINDER
COINDER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Desolator (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:01:44 AM

You're all reading too much into this.  This isn't a mastermind plan to stop all illegal activity.  It's a simple plan to take some money from assholes because I think it'd be deserved and funny.   Ugh, you guys are no fun.  All of you and I know that if enough people with enough BTC did this, it would work.  It's not unfair manipulation of the market if we're all in on it and it certainly would work.

I don't care if some strung out, unemployed little piece of shit drug-dealing programmer like me thinks he can spy on the forums and get wind of this.  Good luck telling the other 99% of BTC users in that little group that are dumb as rocks not to buy any BTC or do any business for a week.  But whatever, you answered my question.  Nobody's going to do it so screw it.

You can all live in pretend land where everything is great.  I say if hackers and drug dealers think they can turn this into the wild west where anything goes, giddeyup, cuz they're not the only ones who like to cause chaos.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:44:30 AM

This idea reminds me of emails that do the rounds every time petrol prices spike.  It goes something like this:

1. We all refuse to buy petrol on a given week.

2. Petrol stations become desperate to sell and will dump prices.

3. We refill next week and get cheaper prices overall.

All this and the bitcoin manipulation idea misses the key fact that if there's demand in the overall market then just delaying it for a little bit won't have an effect overall.  Also you'll find people acting against the trend in their own best interests.  Bitcoin price collapsing because we refuse to buy?  I'm sure more than a few people will start buying at a price point much higher than any arbitrary set price.

And I'm pretty sure people using Silk Road also use the Internet, and know what Google is.  They can find this forum pretty easily.
IMakeComps

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 07:26:30 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Cvt9F.jpg
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 10:11:51 AM

Will someone from YOSPOS please find a way to replace Desolator's ugly dog with a Cosby avatar?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 08:41:42 PM

You're all reading too much into this.  This isn't a mastermind plan to stop all illegal activity.  It's a simple plan to take some money from assholes because I think it'd be deserved and funny.   

They are minding their own business. You are trying to take their money because you think it would be funny. Who are the assholes again?

Ugh, you guys are no fun.  All of you and I know that if enough people with enough BTC did this, it would work.  It's not unfair manipulation of the market if we're all in on it and it certainly would work.

No, it would not work for about 1000 reasons, but most notably everyone would be looking to get out ahead of everyone else. You underestimate the number of assholes on the other side of the coin, so to speak.

I don't care if some strung out, unemployed little piece of shit drug-dealing programmer like me thinks he can spy on the forums and get wind of this.  Good luck telling the other 99% of BTC users in that little group that are dumb as rocks not to buy any BTC or do any business for a week.

Person A operates on a sohisticated underground network of anonymous trade, provides a considerable amount of value and stability to an up-and-coming digital currency, and provides access to goods and services that for reasons that may or may not apply, have been made unavailable to the general public by a general authority.

Person B posted a baseless idea on some forums in an attempt to rally others against person A in the interest of personal profit and because he probably deserves it.

One of them is dumb as rocks.

You can all live in pretend land where everything is great.  I say if hackers and drug dealers think they can turn this into the wild west where anything goes, giddeyup, cuz they're not the only ones who like to cause chaos.

They set up all of the anonymous trade networks for the sole purpose of creating the smallest amount of chaos in their business model. Meanwhile, you are benefiting from their activities (assuming you own even 1 BTC), and attempting to use that small amount of leverage to "cause chaos", citing your obvious social/moral superiorty, intelligence, and the desire to take their money.

I'm going to have to think on this a little longer before I choose sides.

Desolator (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:54:07 AM

This idea reminds me of emails that do the rounds every time petrol prices spike.  It goes something like this:

Uhhhhh no, it would be the oil company refusing to pump or sell oil for a week, driving the price up, then selling their more valuable inventory after that, ripping off everyone else.

Btw you're all raising these illegal assholes up on some pedestal like it's some super amazing syndicate.  I saw a screenshot.  I think they use phpBB3 for one of their sites, lol.  Plus, they're not quite so invincible as you're making them sound.  If the price of BTC drops to half what it is now, they get screwed along with everyone else.  So that's how that works, lol.

btw soooo many SA members here.  They better never made me a moderator or you're all gone.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:06:20 AM

Btw you're all raising these illegal assholes up on some pedestal like it's some super amazing syndicate.  I saw a screenshot.  I think they use phpBB3 for one of their sites, lol.
The big ones are using custom software for their sites. They use phpBB for their forums.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 03:19:40 AM

Uhhhhh no, it would be the oil company refusing to pump or sell oil for a week, driving the price up, then selling their more valuable inventory after that, ripping off everyone else.

Btw you're all raising these illegal assholes up on some pedestal like it's some super amazing syndicate.  I saw a screenshot.  I think they use phpBB3 for one of their sites, lol.  Plus, they're not quite so invincible as you're making them sound.  If the price of BTC drops to half what it is now, they get screwed along with everyone else.  So that's how that works, lol.

btw soooo many SA members here.  They better never made me a moderator or you're all gone.

You are clueless about markets and the mechanics of price action.

You are speaking about the security of a site based on a screenshot you saw. Never accessed the site. Just saw a screenshot.

You fail to realize the effect these markets have on the stability of the price of bitcoin.

Also, quoted so I don't forget you and your cute little attitude of inherent moral superiority.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:27:22 AM

I sir, am not a user of SR. But I do love liberty. The idea that users whole use bitcoin for legal purposes would agree to manipulate the market for personal gain (or even for lulz) is just silly. If anything, the average supporter of bitcoin is secretly supporting the users of SR because we know that it's the quickest way to mainstream adoption. The vast majority of 'illegal assholes' are just normal people, and every person should have the right to use their currency as they see fit.

But +1 for having a fun thread!

repentance

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:33:54 AM

Bitcoin's finest.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:30:01 AM

Some "ass clown" must have sold Desolater's brother (or other dead yet loved relative) some fentanyl as heroin
 Cheesy

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
repentance

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:38:32 AM

Some "ass clown" must have sold Desolater's brother (or other dead yet loved relative) some fentanyl as heroin
 Cheesy

That might explain his attitude towards drug dealers, but it doesn't account for his hysteria over Cosby avatars.

btcANGEL

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 05:18:55 AM

Cheesy

That might explain his attitude towards drug dealers, but it doesn't account for his hysteria over Cosby avatars.

Mr. Clown includes a free sheet of Cosby-themed blotter paper with every order.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
repentance

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:20:25 AM

Cheesy

Mr. Clown includes a free sheet of Cosby-themed blotter paper with every order.

Cosby heroin stamps.

JohnBigheart

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:27:31 PM

Drug dealers probably can't read so well to begin with so needless to say, most aren't here following every little post Tongue

That may be true for the hanging around in the dark alley type of grunts. But the ones that sell on TOR for BTC probably have a certain technical savvy and definitely can read.

World renowned expert on silly sketches and stupid gif animations.
Your tips are welcome: 17cETm8zDugFKuNQMprW6GgAFEpmrcPUA
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 01:23:07 PM

Why not start local man? Join your local police force if people using drugs in the safety of their own home is such a problem for you.

drug dealers are normal people. Normal people that are not getting by well enough working their 9-5 job. Some drug dealers are very smart people.... You have to be either really smart or really lucky to deal for a very long time without being caught.

I think btc value would drop about 50-80% if illegal markets were blocked somehow.  I'll bet that if SR disappears so does the value of BTC.

Silkroad and drugs is the least of your problems

Do you think Pedophilia is okay? How much of that shit do you think is traded with BTC..

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Desolator (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:35:27 AM

Drug dealers probably can't read so well to begin with so needless to say, most aren't here following every little post Tongue

That may be true for the hanging around in the dark alley type of grunts. But the ones that sell on TOR for BTC probably have a certain technical savvy and definitely can read.

Then they'd have a job.  And no, nobody in my part of this medium sized city ever uses or has seen drugs.  That's because we're educated, have jobs, and aren't stupid.  Go about 3 miles east to find the drug addicted, welfare-riding assholes.

And you just seem too stupid for words over the forum hack.  Someone hacked the one and only bitcoin forum at the time while the system was still pretty small with the sole purpose or trying to destroy the entire bitcoin system and make fun of anyone that uses it or thinks it will work.  It wasn't some little prank.  We didn't all have tons of money wrapped up in bitcoins without seeing any major profit yet and then log into the forum, see it got pretty much destroyed, and think oh that's fucking hiliarous.  If you weren't here when it happened, you're just showing how unbelievably stupid you are and you're making piles of enemies so you might want to shut up if you have any sort of sense.

Btw give me an admin login to a website you own and I'll be able to demonstrate for you with a real world example exactly how funny we all thought it was.
JohnBigheart

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:01:10 AM

Then they'd have a job.  And no, nobody in my part of this medium sized city ever uses or has seen drugs.  That's because we're educated, have jobs, and aren't stupid.  Go about 3 miles east to find the drug addicted, welfare-riding assholes.

You would be surprised how many educated people who have day jobs are occasional drug users. Weed and other "light" drugs are actually very widespread in intellectual and artsy social circles Many people argue that marijuana is actually a less dangerous and less addictive drug then alcohol or tobacco. Meanwhile cocaine is frequently consumed by musicians, actors and wall street traders as an exit from the job stress. These people are above averagely educated and have jobs. Drug usage is not only the heroin addicts in the gutters.

And you just seem too stupid for words over the forum hack.
[...]

You are obviously very upset. Yet I fail to see how this is linked to my reply.

World renowned expert on silly sketches and stupid gif animations.
Your tips are welcome: 17cETm8zDugFKuNQMprW6GgAFEpmrcPUA
repentance

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:27:38 AM

If you weren't here when it happened, you're just showing how unbelievably stupid you are and you're making piles of enemies so you might want to shut up if you have any sort of sense.

I was here when it happened - my registration date is one day after yours.  You've spent a grand total of just under 4 days logged into this forum since you joined, which might explain why you're so out of touch with the opinions of the community in general that you think you'd get any support here for the proposal in your OP.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: