Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Miner Hosting in Northern Utah - Small Start UP - Wasatch Coin  (Read 625 times)
wasatchcoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:10:00 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 07:07:30 PM by wasatchcoin

This is just for a show of interest.  I am in the Davis county area and have a business location that is not open to the public but just an office space for me to conduct my business.  But in the back it is currently wired out with 18 - 20 amp dedicated outlets.  So my max farm before with the s5's was around 42 TH, my max farm with just the 18 outlets that I have, and I am going to add 6 more  but for right now stick with 18 using the s7's is going be 88 TH, and I am shaving off about 40 amps of power use.  So it is a sizable increase and decrease.  Of course with the older equipment I would be running 12 to 14 amps per jack and with my office equipment really didn't have room for more so 18 jacks was enough.  With the new S7's  coming out each unit will be running around 10 amps.  So to start out my thought is to lease a nearby unit with the exact same power and have it wired out the same way but with more jacks.  My requirements would be that I would have 26 possible jacks to lease out at a rate if $3.5 per jack per day for the jack charge and that would stay constant.  The power per day would fluctuate as my power fluctuates.  So in the summer it would 2.88 per day and in the winter it would be 2.6.  This is for just one jack and I am thinking of discounts if you leased multiple jacks, but I haven't had time to do the math.  So you total would be jack charge $3.5 plus power $2.6 = $6.10

There would be a 6 month commit  and then you could go month to month.  However, due to the nature of BTC you can switch out your equipment any time within that time-frame if something better comes along.  In fact I can help you out whenever possible.  

The advantages are the power is cheaper commercially (about .05 cents per kw) and if you divide out the rates you will see you are paying around .09 to .10.  That is a couple cents more than what I pay but I have to pay what is called a demand charge and it is a monthly charge per KWh based on usage.  for mining it is several hundred additional dollars.  

So whats up with the $3.5 jack charge.  I have to lease the building, pay the deposits, have to spend $2500 to get the place professionally wired out to each of you miners are on there own protected 20 amp commercially rated breaker, and get the building insured for what I am doing.  Also, I did not mention this before, and after giving it some thought I will be providing the power supplies.  So this will be plugged into a 1600 Watt power supply more than capable of running and S7 or whatever you chose that will run at 10 amps or under.  but understand that because this is a small start up experiment I need to set the amp rating so I can calculate exactly how many people I can have in there to being, and if it flops then I am only in it for one year.  

The next thing is this may be the perfect fit for one who wants to try this but other family members do not want them in the house.  

Any ways I am kinda new to this forum but not to bit coin and have been trying to get people to use their bitcoins to buy from my site for years BTC

So start asking questions and please do it here so other can see and I am not answering the same thing over again.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:29:49 PM

Your idea seems great but it might not really work here due to your current trust however if you can try nxtasset you might have some luck when you sell this like an assets.
wasatchcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 05:25:34 PM

Your idea seems great but it might not really work here due to your current trust however if you can try nxtasset you might have some luck when you sell this like an assets.

I agree with you 100%, and hoping to only attract a few local mining enthusiasts that I could meet face to face and that would actually come out to the the facility and see what is going on one.  I am would also have access their hardware by appointment or I was thinking of setting monthly or even a weekly open house period where anyone under contract can come and check on their equipment.  I am basically trying to offer hosting in utah where it is not, and do it differently that it is done anywhere else.  If you look at hosting your equipment with bitmain, not only are their fees higher per day, once you equipment becomes unprofitable and you want them to ship it to you, they charge a $50 handling fee and then the shipping fee per unit.  So I as reading on the S4's  people S2's for example people having to pay $200 just to get the miner home.  With my set up, just come pick it up.   No fees, just make an appointment and as long as you are withing your contract guidelines you are fine.  I am trying to make it easier and more profitable.  I am also trying to expand it and the most expansive part of expanding it it real estate.   you can also look me up under carrgo  that is a handle I have and still have before I put my business name on there but there is not much trust on that one either, however it is better than this one and I have some ebay referals to validate me on a post there.  I want to build on this one. 

Thanks for your feedback.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 06:27:36 PM

I agree with you 100%, and hoping to only attract a few local mining enthusiasts that I could meet face to face and that would actually come out to the the facility and see what is going on one.  I am would also have access their hardware by appointment or I was thinking of setting monthly or even a weekly open house period where anyone under contract can come and check on their equipment.  I am basically trying to offer hosting in utah where it is not, and do it differently that it is done anywhere else.  If you look at hosting your equipment with bitmain, not only are their fees higher per day, once you equipment becomes unprofitable and you want them to ship it to you, they charge a $50 handling fee and then the shipping fee per unit.  So I as reading on the S4's  people S2's for example people having to pay $200 just to get the miner home.  With my set up, just come pick it up.   No fees, just make an appointment and as long as you are withing your contract guidelines you are fine.  I am trying to make it easier and more profitable.  I am also trying to expand it and the most expansive part of expanding it it real estate.   you can also look me up under carrgo  that is a handle I have and still have before I put my business name on there but there is not much trust on that one either, however it is better than this one and I have some ebay referals to validate me on a post there.  I want to build on this one. 

Thanks for your feedback.
You are welcomed but if you still need local mining enthusiasts from Davis county area though i dont know the country, you can include it in your opening thread or check other language sections here.
danieluk9

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:54:11 PM

Sounds like a great idea and like you're doing everyone a real solid, but I doubt anyone will trust someone from the internet with their shiny miner
wasatchcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 02:33:27 AM

Sounds like a great idea and like you're doing everyone a real solid, but I doubt anyone will trust someone from the internet with their shiny miner

I know it is a tough sell and that is why I am starting small and local.

1)  You will get to know me face to face

2)  You will always know where your equipment is at

3)  You will (and this part I need to figure out how I want to work this out in the contract) but alway have access to your equipment within reason, like a 24 hour notice or some along those lines

Like I said it is just a feeler to see what kind of response I get.  I am throwing out some basic parameters and depending on who responds and what their needs are we can work from there to get it started. 

***Now for my way outside the box crazy thought of the night***

You can say that people may not trust me with their shiny new S7 and that's a fair statement, but yet they trust a foreign company in a country that the US could all of a sudden put an embargo on imports specifically on bitcoin miners coming from china.  Now I know that sounds impossible, but the point is, if you miner is 20 minutes from your house you never have to worry about that.  I know, I know, its crazy talk.

Anyways, thanks for feedback. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: