Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To theymos, BadBear and other DT members  (Read 2708 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:44:13 PM

Beware - someone already registered my nickname on that forum. If someone there tries to make a deal it is not me.

hmm, that's a scary thought. scammers are always thinking of the next move.

that forum is a dead end, anyway. for any other forum to reach critical mass at this point (vs. bitcointalk) is basically impossible IMO. i doubt anyone is looking for a forum on bitcoin.org, nor would i want to associate with anything roger ver....

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NarC

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 11:49:59 PM

I don't like the site, and i don't like the fact that were once more spreading into mini-groups. One bitcoin forum is more than enough to keep things in one place and quickly accessable.
Next thing you know, we will have 99 btc forums, and none will matter anymore. Doubt there will be much exploiting of name leeching, but that's something that site owner could of consider,
like maybe if he himself reserved all taken usernames from here.

I agree, death to decentralization. Long live the theymos censorer.

nrbfk

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:53:15 PM

One bitcoin forum is more than enough to keep things in one place and quickly accessable.

Well, not like we don't have multiple fora already.  There's bitcointalk and /r/bitcoin.
oh wait... they're both owned run by the same guy, so I guess that's cool.

Next thing you know, we will have 99 btc forums

Horrors!  How would we get
to kill incorrect ideas and silence wrong opinions
to ban everyone we don't agree with or like
all our bitches tied to the same hiitchin' post
expertly moderate spammers and trolls?

... like maybe if he himself reserved all taken usernames from here.

When censorship will occur:
I intend to let any sort of honest discussion take place on this board, but overt attempts at fraud or deception will be dealt with.

One example that may already have happened is the registration of a user name of someone well known in the space by someone other than that actual person. If that is found to have happened, the user will be forced to change their user name, or to create a new account.

~~Comrade Napoleon, Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheep-fold.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:33:53 AM

One bitcoin forum is more than enough to keep things in one place and quickly accessable.

Well, not like we don't have multiple fora already.  There's bitcointalk and /r/bitcoin.
oh wait... they're both owned run by the same guy, so I guess that's cool.

Next thing you know, we will have 99 btc forums

Horrors!  How would we get
to kill incorrect ideas and silence wrong opinions
to ban everyone we don't agree with or like
all our bitches tied to the same hiitchin' post
expertly moderate spammers and trolls?

... like maybe if he himself reserved all taken usernames from here.

When censorship will occur:
I intend to let any sort of honest discussion take place on this board, but overt attempts at fraud or deception will be dealt with.

One example that may already have happened is the registration of a user name of someone well known in the space by someone other than that actual person. If that is found to have happened, the user will be forced to change their user name, or to create a new account.

~~Comrade Napoleon, Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheep-fold.

ok, so i see you have a strong attitude against this forum, so why do you spend time here ?
You're not the first one to have different view on things, and criticizing Theymos, but i still don't see that censorship some of you talk about.
nrbfk

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:04:56 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2015, 01:18:08 AM by nrbfk

ok, so i see you have a strong attitude against this forum, so why do you spend time here ?

Oh, where to begin...
You know there are people who continue living in countries ruled by dictators?  Strange but true.  Some too indifferent to move, some too lazy, some actually believe they could right the wrong, oust the malignant little control freak who usurped control of this forum, that it's worth doing, because fighting for what you believe in is... wait, did I say 'this forum'?  I meant 'their country.'  Country! Got carried away there Embarrassed

You're not the first one to have different view on things, and criticizing Theymos, but i still don't see that censorship some of you talk about.

I'm also not the first one to say that 2+2=4; You don't see the censorship because you're not meant to see it; this forum is heavily moderated.
Duh.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:15:03 AM

Beware - someone already registered my nickname on that forum. If someone there tries to make a deal it is not me.

Yeah good idea.

I got my name just in case.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:55:08 AM

and mine as well.  This is quite sad actually, I have no idea how to sign up now... Sad
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 09:35:07 AM

I don't like the site, and i don't like the fact that were once more spreading into mini-groups. One bitcoin forum is more than enough to keep things in one place and quickly accessable.
Next thing you know, we will have 99 btc forums, and none will matter anymore. Doubt there will be much exploiting of name leeching, but that's something that site owner could of consider,
like maybe if he himself reserved all taken usernames from here.
I can't see a problem with there being several forums. In another niche I am a part of there are several hundreds of forums about it, the most successful ones stay alive while those with no new ideas die out. I don't see this as a problem whatsoever, nor do I see why this couldn't work with Bitcoin either.

As mentioned previously, while I have no problems with the moderation here, if these forums were to be censored it would be good to have another place to discuss such things on.
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:42:08 AM

I guess it would be a good idea to sticky a thread somewhere here stating,, any deals possibly done on that forum with a trusted username from this forum should be asked to sign a message posted from a long time ago on this forum. You just know there is going to be trouble though doh

What use is a signature?
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 09:49:44 AM

I guess it would be a good idea to sticky a thread somewhere here stating,, any deals possibly done on that forum with a trusted username from this forum should be asked to sign a message posted from a long time ago on this forum. You just know there is going to be trouble though doh
That would be useless if the deals are happening on the other forum, not here. It would be a better idea to sticky such a post on the other forum, rather than here.
vervolioman

Activity: 493

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:31:56 AM

That would be useless if the deals are happening on the other forum, not here. It would be a better idea to sticky such a post on the other forum, rather than here.

Hardly usless when anyone that goes to that forum would more than likely have come from and spent days here, in the meantime would of had a very high chance of seeing it. Also the scammer will likely refer them to this forum to check their so called feedback. But yes a sticky on that forum would also be helpful.

What use is a signature?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:56:29 AM

I have registered my name 1Referee there just in case. I'm not going to use it, but at least it can't be used by fools to scam innocent people.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:02:57 PM

I registered but didn't receive an activation email. At least now it can't be used by a scammer.  Grin

I find bitcoin.com forum very difficult to catch the thread titles because the original poster and date are under the title. They should modify the theme to have those two lines in a different colour.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 09:25:16 PM

I registered but didn't receive an activation email. At least now it can't be used by a scammer.  Grin

I find bitcoin.com forum very difficult to catch the thread titles because the original poster and date are under the title. They should modify the theme to have those two lines in a different colour.
I registered and the activation email was sent to me about 8 hours later, it might be manual or just delayed.

Doesn't look like there is too much context there yet.
rychallenge

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:58:08 AM

site is not very active anyway, just Bitcoin.com domain may mislead newbies if they find the site
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 02:21:47 AM

site is not very active anyway, just Bitcoin.com domain may mislead newbies if they find the site
actually more active than you think, i have been seeing a few links to that forum here
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:41:15 AM

I don't think staff from here would be interested participating on a forum hosted by Ver but it's good that the usernames remain unred the hands of someone that isn't a scammer or at least aren't used.
Does not seem so. BitcoinTalk forum mod EAL is also a mod at forum.bitcoin.com.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:00:47 AM

I also registered an account there, with the same nickname: redsn0w  (the problem is that I didn't receive an activation email).
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 11:03:28 AM

I registered and the activation email was sent to me about 8 hours later, it might be manual or just delayed.

Mine was also EXACTLY 8 hours late and was filtered to spam folder. My account is activated now.

I also registered an account there, with the same nickname: redsn0w  (the problem is that I didn't receive an activation email).

You can request a resend of the activation email on the login page.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:38:40 AM

Registered. Smiley

Mine was also EXACTLY 8 hours late and was filtered to spam folder. My account is activated now.

Mine was instant.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: