Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:31:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EU cripples future graphics cards  (Read 5350 times)
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:16:05 PM

Typical EUSSR bureaucratic thinking.

In the EUSSR, if it isn't banned, it's mandatory. Oh, and you can't elect a new government: the "elected" governments in EU member states consist largely of apparatchiks. People who remember eastern Europe, Russia etc. before 1990 will be very familiar with this.

[...]

eussr - lol.

we so overregulated. it is a shame. I wonder if/when people will hit the streets about it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 10:21:33 PM

we so overregulated. it is a shame. I wonder if/when people will hit the streets about it

They already have, especially in the southern states! Trouble is, they seem to be protesting "austerity" itself (hang on, isn't a reduction in government spending in and of itself a good thing?) rather than what is, IMO, the real underlying problem, i.e. the sheer corrupt politics and sham economic policies, not to mention that the "austerity" is being done for the benefit of the Banksters and not the "common" people.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:25:24 PM

They already have, especially in the southern states! Trouble is, they seem to be protesting "austerity" itself (hang on, isn't a reduction in government spending in and of itself a good thing?) rather than what is, IMO, the real underlying problem, i.e. the sheer corrupt politics and sham economic policies, not to mention that the "austerity" is being done for the benefit of the Banksters and not the "common" people.
Wrong on all the line Smiley
A corrupted gov can only account for x of our deficit. A corrupted economy have a far bigger power.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:26:10 PM

What you fail to see is that the only austerity going on is raising taxes and not cutting of government expenses
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:50:32 PM

"Exactly what the "performance" and energy consumption quote looks like we don't know at the time of writing, "

in short, an article build on fud.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
CharlesPonzi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:55:28 PM

Corporations getting taxpayer bailouts while the same taxpayers need to live off noodles to survive is a major issue.

I landed in this country with $2.50 in cash and $1 million in hopes, and those hopes never left me.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 11:11:45 PM

Corporations getting taxpayer bailouts while the same taxpayers need to live off noodles to survive is a major issue.
Why?  If the taxpayers are agreeing to work at a wage that only allows them noodles to live off of, isn't that their problem?
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 11:36:53 PM

There is a good reason why the United Kingdom, wants out of Europe, it's stupid crap like this we've put up with ever since we join have had the pleasure of being the first countries basically funded these idiots who come up with this crap and go around telling everyone in europe what to do, even when it clearly makes no sense.

Yes, I can see energy efficient computers a noble goal. It's something I do consider when designing a server, or usually opting for a laptop rather than a tower PC for my next work computer.
Do I think it should be some kind of law or regulation that can mean if you don't abide to it, you can't sell in europe, not really.
However I could atleast understand it, if it was at least measured by the thing you are trying to lower, the energy it uses.

Memory Bandwidth doesn't directly correlate to energy use, it shouldn't even be part of the equation. I would of respected them an ounce more (it's very low as it is), if they had atleast set the standards based in wattage increments of the TDP, from say 15-150W, maybe a nice little bonus for those who's sleep mode can operate under 2.5W for example. At least that would of made abit more sense, clearly they haven't consulted any experts.
It's still very stupid and on average the previous generation of GPU's have became more energy efficient, just like CPU's have. Their Power hasn't increased that much over the years, they have mostly increased in energy efficiency, so they can't make out they needed to force them to do this. They are making this progression on their own, so why come up with this in the first place?

nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 11:44:43 PM

+1

Absolutely this is. But on the streets we hear mostly chants of "stop the cuts!"

Just caught a bit of a program on TV about the life of a Jakarta garbageman working 0600-0030 every day for peanuts (if that). Flytippers and local corruption are major issues; he lives in a slum where biodegrading rot and tropical bugs reign supreme. He still could manage a smile or three. Hardship is relative, and perhaps ever so slightly less harsh if that's all you ever knew from day one on this earth.

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
quasarbtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Nuts. Hopefully the big two are putting some money toward lobbyists.
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:24:43 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2012, 08:56:44 AM by bce

All that the future cards will need is to be designed by default to operate in a lower power eco-green-earthy mode.  Who wouldn't like that, right?  You could even use these future gaming beasts in eco-mode with one PCI-e power connector instead of two (the green colored one is the one you'd use, of course) Tongue.

In EU countries, the non-green one could be covered with tape or something saying "Don't remove this!!! BAD! NO NO!"

Then include a simple software or firmware utility for all non-EU customers to UNLEASH THE BEAST. After pressing "I accept" to prove that you're not in an EU country, then it's all good, and you can game just like anywhere else in the world  Grin

I'm sure nobody will find a way to smuggle such software into the EU.

Problem sovled.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 09:31:42 PM

And they also banned 100W light bulbs.

The problem with this is that the replacement bulbs (compact fluorescent) fail in enclosed fixtures; especially in high-temperature locations. They also use mercury, which is more hazardous than tunsgten.

I hate the EU for that.
The solution for me is using fixtures with multiple light-bulbs where I can. And I have recently came up with a way for "smuggling" 100W bulbs out of Eastern Europe.  Cheesy

Anyways the European Union is the worst conglomeration of useless Bureaucrats ever, I can't wait for it's collapse.
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:55:39 PM

We have an awesome grocery store here that sells 8 packs of Sylvania bulbs for a buck. So I can easily stock up for a great price.

They also sell their brand of LED lighting for $10 a pop (insanely cheap). Still too expensive, IMHO.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 09:59:00 PM

We have an awesome grocery store here that sells 8 packs of Sylvania bulbs for a buck. So I can easily stock up for a great price.

They also sell their brand of LED lighting for $10 a pop (insanely cheap). Still too expensive, IMHO.

The problem with LED bulbs is they don't have a good CRI rating. There are ways to archive a decent color rendering if multiple LEDs with different wavelengths are used but there isn't affordable solution for home use yet, except DIY.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 02:07:13 PM

We're talking about the people who think they can regulate how bent a banana should be..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bent_banana_regulation

"bananas sold as unripened, green bananas should be green and unripened, firm and intact, fit for human consumption, not rotten, clean, free of pests and damage from pests, free from deformation or abnormal curvature, free from bruising, free of any foreign smell or taste"

The horror!

People on this board make up so much bullshit every time any government or regulation is mentioned, this is like the third time I've had to defend one simply on common sense, and I'm an anarchist lol.

All the complete nonsense that gets thrown around here is not doing us any favours.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 02:08:58 PM

European Union is run by homosexuals.

...thanks?? I thought it was run by laws and votes.
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 02:36:55 PM

European Union is run by homosexuals.

...thanks?? I thought it was run by laws and votes.

Unelected, appointed Commissioners actually, but who cares about their sexuality anyway?

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 03:20:41 PM

I'm not saying this is true, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it is.

The likelihood of the euro zone even still being around in 2014 isn't all that high at this point, I wouldn't worry too much.
Euro zone != EU. Also, I don't think your prediction will hold true, unfortunately.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 12:37:07 PM

wonder when the time will come, the ppl need to stand up and let it be known that we dont want shit like the EU or NAU in our lives...
wont be long til they implement a union in asia eather i guess...

most ppl here in norway have said no in the past and still say no to this day, but the gov is still pushing hard to make it in... police state fml

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: