Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum for Android cannot send btc out  (Read 508 times)
Molech (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:38:56 PM

So, went through the installation process for Electrum on android and as far as I can tell i did everything correctly. I tested it by sending a small amount of btc from another wallet and no problems there. When i tried to send it out to I recieve an error message that literally just says "error." I didn't know if maybe i had entered the wrong password/entered it incorrectly but I don't believe I did that. I checked for problems with the destination address I entered and tried scanning the qr code but i got the same results there. Could it be because I messed with the transaction fee amount in the settings? I haven't really messed with anything else other than to password protect everything. I am trying to send out the exact amount that is in the wallet.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 03:50:29 PM

So, went through the installation process for Electrum on android and as far as I can tell i did everything correctly. I tested it by sending a small amount of btc from another wallet and no problems there. When i tried to send it out to I recieve an error message that literally just says "error." I didn't know if maybe i had entered the wrong password/entered it incorrectly but I don't believe I did that. I checked for problems with the destination address I entered and tried scanning the qr code but i got the same results there. Could it be because I messed with the transaction fee amount in the settings? I haven't really messed with anything else other than to password protect everything. I am trying to send out the exact amount that is in the wallet.

Its certainly a bad error. When you try to send everything do you deduct the fees? Most wallets (including Electrum AFAIK) try to send the amount you specifiy and take the fees from other inputs. If you want to spend everything the desktop version allows you to enter "!" as amount. I dont know if that also works in android, but its something you can try. Other than that try to lower the amount slightly and see if you get the same error.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Molech (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:04:07 PM

Alright changing the transaction fee seems to have worked!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: