Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum sends amount specified in Fee field instead of Amount field  (Read 659 times)
realrover (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:07:38 AM

Just got this problem today. Before that everything was fine.

If I specify 1 BTC in Amount and leave Fee filed as suggested (or change) and then send, everything looks like normal, but the amount sent to receiver is the one specified in the Fee field! Confirmation popup correctly asks about sending 1 BTC. Both Windows-based and Linux-based versions 2.4.4 behave the same. Any help?
Thanks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:21:14 AM

Can you post a before and after screen shot? Was the 1btc sent a fee?
realrover (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:24:38 AM

Can you post a before and after screen shot? Was the 1btc sent a fee?
No, 1 BTC was intended to be sent to receiver but a fee was actually sent (0.000129 BTC). Here are the screenshots:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Result!

Isn't it amazing?
ausbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:37:43 AM

That does look strange, I'm not very familiar with Electrum so unfortunately can't help you much.
If you search this forum you should be able to find a member associated with the Eletrum team, PM them and show them this, you may be able to claim a bug bounty if there is a problem.
Good luck and keep us updated. 
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 07:25:20 AM

Simple.  You just send bitcoins to one of your own addresses, and got charged only for the transaction fees.
-snip-

That is my interpretation as well. Most wallets detect their own addresses and handle it very similar.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ausbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:34:10 AM

Simple.  You just send bitcoins to one of your own addresses, and got charged only for the transaction fees.
-snip-

That is my interpretation as well. Most wallets detect their own addresses and handle it very similar.
I thought of this too but if it went to address in the same wallet wouldn't it show the 1btc as pending also?
Its hard to know only having these screen shots to view.

OP, how much did your ballance change?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 09:58:34 AM

-snip-

I thought of this too but if it went to address in the same wallet wouldn't it show the 1btc as pending also?

No because it will end up in your wallet anyway, if it confirms or not does not matter the coins are still in your pocket.

Its hard to know only having these screen shots to view.

OP, how much did your ballance change?

From the screenshots (see balance on the bottom of the windows) 0.000 129 00 which matches the paid fee.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ausbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:46:17 AM

Thanks for explaning that for me.
Seeing the 0.000129 as unconfirmed confused me a bit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: