Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:34:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Thread Under Meta - Ban Appeals  (Read 959 times)
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:19:49 AM

Not sure I think this might be a good idea.   It seems that a decent amount of posts in meta are dealing with ban appeals.  

Has anyone thought about putting a thread under meta just for ban appeals?  Seems like it might clean it up a bit.  Just a thread within it like New forum software, and Bitcoin Wiki have.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:25:20 AM

I support this; about 25% of Meta threads are mere ban appeals. It would be fitting to create a new section; I'm sure it would get a lot of activity.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:36:15 AM

i think this is a great idea. i enjoy reading Meta to see and discuss forum policies and governance/the trust system/norms, but i absolutely don't care about ban appeals. seems like most ban appeals don't require much community input and are mod/admin issues.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:38:40 AM

No ban appeals should be allowed.

Best way to solve it!

~BCX~
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2949

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:38:44 AM

The idea isn't exactly new or bad, but new sections are rarely created. I guess with the activity in Meta being manageable a new section for ban appeals wasn't thought to be necessary.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:04:20 AM

The idea isn't exactly new or bad, but new sections are rarely created. I guess with the activity in Meta being manageable a new section for ban appeals wasn't thought to be necessary.
maybe create a ban appeals thread and sticky it?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:07:59 AM

that's an easy way for some ban appeals to slip through the cracks (not that it probably doesn't happen already). people appealing bans tend to be a bit.....pushy. this would be cause for them to be even more pushy, by constantly bumping other peoples' cases off the last page.

notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:51:44 AM

that's an easy way for some ban appeals to slip through the cracks (not that it probably doesn't happen already). people appealing bans tend to be a bit.....pushy. this would be cause for them to be even more pushy, by constantly bumping other peoples' cases off the last page.

The part about pushy is what i noticed.  That is a nice way to put it.  Some just use quite a few bumps causing kinda a cluster of ban threads that pop up like wack-a-mole popping up to top.

I think it could be good idea.  But I do see that new sections are not something that happen often.  So I can see both sides.  Thought I would throw it out there at least on separating appeals from main meta thread.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:11:50 AM

Not sure I think this might be a good idea.   It seems that a decent amount of posts in meta are dealing with ban appeals.  

Has anyone thought about putting a thread under meta just for ban appeals?  Seems like it might clean it up a bit.  Just a thread within it like New forum software, and Bitcoin Wiki have.

support for this to many appeal and they open several account and post everywhere for help thing that tread is excellent idea and less "spam" will be

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 09:39:34 AM

I support this decision as there are many similar topics in the Meta section. Having a separate section for Ban Appeals and also DT trust issues (whether regarding members or changes in the DT system) can be in separate sections of the Meta. It will clean atleast 50-60% of this section and then people can discuss about the issues with the forum mainly here rather than personal problems and Ban appeals.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:06:46 PM

I love how all of you think this is a consensus run forum LOL

~BCX~
isvicre

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:11:05 PM

Agreed. I've never seen a user getting unbanned after appeal in Meta. They get banned for a reason. That thread would be useless.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:28:36 PM

I love how all of you think this is a consensus run forum LOL

~BCX~

nah, but i figure it's worth it to let theymos know our opinions, in case he decides to make changes/implement something new. can't hurt, anyway.

Agreed. I've never seen a user getting unbanned after appeal in Meta. They get banned for a reason. That thread would be useless.

indeed, the TF appeal was actually the first one that seemed worthy of being posted (if only to shed more light on the doxxing issue)

at the end of the day though---if you don't have a place for people to appeal bans, it doesn't mean they won't continue to try anyway. they'll just start making threads in other subforums instead...Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: