Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:59:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTCS][CRYPTOVOTER LAUNCH] Bitcoin-sCrypt | in techcrunch  (Read 32016 times)
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:02:58 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 02:50:31 AM by kelsey

Announcements | Official Website | Official Forums | Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) CryptoVoter LAUNCH

First Coin to Decentralize Development thru
CryptoVoter’s Shareholder-style Blockchain Voting

- as featured in techcrunch -

BTCS Voting Website | CryptoVoter Website | BTC Voting Website

Latest Clients (downloads and source-codes below):
Wallet Client: Bitcoin-sCrypt v.1.4.0
Voting Client: CryptoVoter-BTCS v.1.10.1

Bitcoin-sCrypt - CryptoVoter

After over a year and a half of development by self-funding (and refusing to prefund vaporware with an ICO or premine) the CryptoVoter development team has developed an open-source shareholder-style blockchain voting client and Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) will be first cryptocoin to use CryptoVoter’s blockchain voting client to decentralize crypto development.

CryptoVoter’s new and unique blockchain voting system was recently featured in techcrunch and CryptoCoinNews.

The community will guide development on future cryptocoin features.  Pulling features instead of pushing them.   This is the future of cryptocoin development.  Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) will lead the way.

The open-source voting client has been developed and alpha-tested.

No vaporware.  No ICO’s.  No pre-mines.   Real software.  Real voting.  Real decentralization.

Shareholder-style blockchain voting is here.  Decentralized cryptocoin governance is now.

Welcome to Altcoins 2.0.

Bitcoin-sCrypt – Decentralized Development

While the original Bitcoin (BTC) provides decentralized transaction exchange and confirmation, development follows a centralized top-down model.  Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) development is committed to decentralizing development by having users vote on development issues with vote weight based on coin ownership percentages, just like shareholder voting in a corporation.   What’s more, Bitcoin-sCrypt users can propose items to be voted on so Bitcoin-sCrypt development is truly community-driven.

Future votes include whether to change the mining algo to become more asic resistant, whether to switch to a hybrid or a pure Proof-of-Stake system; whether to adopt anonymity features; whether to increase the blocksize; and whether to adopt new cryptocoin features and functionality, as proposed by the coin-holders themselves.

How Voting Works:

Users can cast votes manually, or use the CryptoVoter voting client to automatically cast votes, by creating vanity Bitcoin voting addresses in the user’s own wallet to allow them to send coins from one address in their wallet to another address in the same wallet by a designated blockheight deadline to publicly register votes.  Voters never give up control of their private keys before, during or after votes.  At the designated voting blockheight deadline (which is announced 48-72 hours before the estimated voting deadline), all non-zero balances of matching vanity Bitcoin voting addresses are tallied to count votes and can be independently counted by anyone using a blockchain explorer.  

An infographic explaining how it works can be found here.

How to Vote:

To automatically cast a vote, download the CryptoVoter-BTCS voting client and launch the client to get the latest voting question and answer choices.  You can also view past vote results and future voting questions in the client.

To manually cast a vote, visit http://btcs-voter.com to get the latest voting question and manual voting instructions.  You can also view past vote results and future voting questions on the website.

Specifications:

• Release date: September 8, 2013 [No premine]
  • Mining Algo:  Scrypt POW
  • Block reward: 25 coins per block  (prior to halving:  50 coins per block)
  • Block generation: 2 minutes
  • Difficulty Retargets using nTargetTimespan = 60 * 60; nTargetSpacing=2*60; nInterval = nTargetTimespan/nTargetSpacing
  • Estimated 21 Million Max Coins
  • Development Driven by Shareholder-Style Blockchain Voting (CryptoVoter)

Mining Pools:

Exchanges:

Block Explorers:

BTCS Coin Information Sites

DOWNLOADS AND SOURCECODES:

BITCOIN-SCRYPT WALLET SOFTWARE v.1.4.0 CRYPTOVOTER-BTCS VOTING SOFTWARE v.1.10.1  ...............................................................................
[CLIENT]Latest Bitcoin-sCrypt wallet client binaries for Windows, Linux and Mac can be found here: http://bitcoinscrypt.co/#walletclientdownloads [CLIENT] Latest CryptoVoter-BTCS Voting client binaries for Windows and Linux can be found here: http://btcs-voter.com/download  ...............................................................................
[SOURCE] Source-code can be found here: https://github.com/bitcoin-scrypt/bitcoin-scrypt.git [SOURCE] Source-code can be found here: https://github.com/CryptoVoter-Client/CryptoVoter-Client  ...............................................................................
[LINUX COMPILE] Bitcoin-sCrypt wallet client Linux compile instructions can be found here: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/41433-how-to-compile-bitcoin-scrypt-v140-on-linux[LINUX COMPILE] CryptoVoter-BTCS voting client Linux compile instructions can be found here: https://github.com/CryptoVoter-Client/CryptoVoter-Client/blob/master/COMPILE.ubuntu  ...............................................................................
[WINDOWS COMPILE] Bitcoin-sCrypt wallet client Windows Gitian deterministic build compile instructions can be found here: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/41434-how-to-compile-bitcoin-scrypt-v140-for-windows-gitian [WINDOWS COMPILE] CryptoVoter-BTCS voting client Windows compile instructions can be found here: https://github.com/CryptoVoter-Client/CryptoVoter-Client/blob/master/COMPILE.windows  ...............................................................................

Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) | CryptoVoter

Previous 2013 bitcointalk thread; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318253.0

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:05:44 PM

I'm very with the development of BTCS. It's one of those that keeps on ticking. Great job!
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:17:02 PM

After a year and a half it's finally here.

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
Smokeasy

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Decentralized Block-chain Voting

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 01:42:59 PM

The first BTCS blockchain vote is October 2, 2015
The second BTCS blockchain vote is October 16, 2015
The first BTC blockchain vote is October 23, 2015

CryptoVoter
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:01:53 PM

yes and an amazing amount of consistent hard work and dedication by Smokeasy to get BTCS to this point !
Mikey81

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:12:18 PM

Well done smokeasy!

Nice to see you didn`t give up on BTCS, thats a lot of perseverance you have.
With the new voting system we can finally give the coin what it deserves.

Cheers,

Mike
bb2ebb

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:22:20 PM

not premine and not any bounty in this coin Smiley
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:38:40 PM

yes and an amazing amount of consistent hard work and dedication by Smokeasy to get BTCS to this point !

thanks kelsey!

CryptoVoter
bloods-n-cryptos

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:40:10 PM

Good job smoke!  Way to stick to the plan man.

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:40:48 PM

Well done smokeasy!

Nice to see you didn`t give up on BTCS, thats a lot of perseverance you have.
With the new voting system we can finally give the coin what it deserves.

Cheers,

Mike

Thx for the support Mike!

CryptoVoter
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 02:45:24 PM

Good job smoke!  Way to stick to the plan man.

Thanks for sticking around bloods-n-cryptos.  Glad we got this working.

CryptoVoter
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:49:29 PM

This is a very old coin, I don't think there was any premined and Smokeasy took over the development without any incentives. I'm glad he didn't give up, btw I still have all my coins  Wink
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 04:56:49 PM

This is a very old coin, I don't think there was any premined and Smokeasy took over the development without any incentives. I'm glad he didn't give up, btw I still have all my coins  Wink

As mentioned in the OP, we refused to do any prefunding of vaporware with an ICO or premine.  As a result it took longer to develop but we finished with an actual working product.  Now ready for the next stage.

CryptoVoter
bloods-n-cryptos

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:02:26 PM

As mentioned in the OP, we refused to do any prefunding of vaporware with an ICO or premine.  As a result it took longer to develop but we finished with an actual working product.  Now ready for the next stage.

I think doing an ICO or premine would have tarnished.  Interested to see how the altcoin scene reacts.

bloods-n-cryptos

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:42:06 PM

I think you guys should try to get on more exchanges than just C-Cex.

Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 05:53:41 PM

I think you guys should try to get on more exchanges than just C-Cex.

Actually, we are working on getting on a few of the major exchanges before the big vote.

CryptoVoter
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:22:28 PM

well done! I really like this one and have been mining it a while back ago. Now, I don't have any coins... I guess I'll start to mine some more.
bloods-n-cryptos

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:40:46 PM

well done! I really like this one and have been mining it a while back ago. Now, I don't have any coins... I guess I'll start to mine some more.

Can still be mined by GPU's too.

Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 07:21:17 PM

Can still be mined by GPU's too.

As of now it can, but I suspect that will change once word spreads its the first cryptovoter vote coin.  Then I think the scrypt asics will start jumping on board.

CryptoVoter
Lemming47

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:53:31 PM

Thank you! Smokeasy for this great coin and voting client. You and your team have done an amazing job. Well done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: