Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:45:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTCS][CRYPTOVOTER LAUNCH] Bitcoin-sCrypt | in techcrunch  (Read 32016 times)
Smokeasy

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Decentralized Block-chain Voting

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:18:46 AM

There is a new thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2579150

We will update the OP accordingly.

Next client update will include an update of the mining difficulty retargeting algo to Komoto Gravity Well (or something similar) to make mining BTCS more competitive against LTC.

CryptoVoter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DashingAgent

Activity: 538
Merit: 17

So many books, so little time

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:53:56 AM

I sold all my btcs in normal trading, but this coin is only pumping, just have a question, will this pump be ended soon to allow us to purchase our btcs back?

Consider Donations: BTC 17ox7CoDkfwM9bpTXvnhH1YJAy1Cproa7D - Has any whale the power to donate a penny by considering 1000BTC=$1? (Consider "penny")
ETH:: 0xa0ad5e0e8fc86a8440992ad57b201fadefbaf595 (Not for whales, but for crypto lovers to donate me eth or tokens)
DashingAgent

Activity: 538
Merit: 17

So many books, so little time

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:04:37 PM

So we old investors are out of the game. Hope you whales will eat these tokens. I was regretting because I sold my btcs tokens at 2000 sat. but now eat your tokens and good luck.

Pump started, buy now. Price target 10000 sat

Consider Donations: BTC 17ox7CoDkfwM9bpTXvnhH1YJAy1Cproa7D - Has any whale the power to donate a penny by considering 1000BTC=$1? (Consider "penny")
ETH:: 0xa0ad5e0e8fc86a8440992ad57b201fadefbaf595 (Not for whales, but for crypto lovers to donate me eth or tokens)
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:54:34 PM

Major update:  We are pre-releasing our first client update since 2015 today...along with our announcement about our upcoming Roadmap for reviving Bitcoin-sCrypt.

More info can be found at:  http://theotherbitcoin.com

CryptoVoter
MaseratiGhibli

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:31:32 PM

This coin is going nowhere. I have followed this coin sinds 2014 and had a lot of them and glad I sold them for real coins.
12 pages on bitcointalk sinds sept. 2015 and 14k of USD trading volume a day, this is a joke and 31 cents a coin is even a fake price in only one exchange...
Coins was abandoned a long time ago. Do not invest in this sh*tcoin
mvontobel

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:16:47 PM

To Dev Team

I like the idea of it.

If I understand correctly, this is basically bitcoin but using Scrypt Hash instead of SHA-256. I think this brings many advantages and makes the coin very interesting. It's basically much more energy efficient and allows anybody to mine it using normal hardware. I think this makes it quite interesting. Also I guess transaction speed and network capacity would not be a problem for the forseeable future.

I am interested in the project and would like to contribute. Being a marketing professional I could help to present the coin in a better way, create website and other tools to create a professional look and communication.

Would this be something I can help with?

Best regards,

Michael
GOODCASH

Activity: 117

Wise men speak because they have something to say

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:36:23 PM

Trading volume can grow only if coin could be listed on other exchanges

This coin is going nowhere. I have followed this coin sinds 2014 and had a lot of them and glad I sold them for real coins.
12 pages on bitcointalk sinds sept. 2015 and 14k of USD trading volume a day, this is a joke and 31 cents a coin is even a fake price in only one exchange...
foreveryoung

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:24:02 AM

Spidersbox has taken over development of Bitcoin-Scrypt.  They released a Roadmap recently.  They are reviving the coin.  Thank you.
Korbeny2k

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:19:41 PM

The first page of this thread could really use a clean up. There are many dead links, where are the working pools. Image links need to be upgraded with the new logo.

With some hard work and a great team, this could be the next litecoin!
Sillyme

Activity: 295

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Announcements | Official Website | Official Forums | Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) CryptoVoter LAUNCH

First Coin to Decentralize Development thru
CryptoVoter’s Shareholder-style Blockchain Voting

- as featured in techcrunch -

BTCS Voting Website | CryptoVoter Website | BTC Voting Website

Latest Clients (downloads and source-codes below):
Wallet Client: Bitcoin-sCrypt v.1.4.0
Voting Client: CryptoVoter-BTCS v.1.10.1

Bitcoin-sCrypt - CryptoVoter

After over a year and a half of development by self-funding (and refusing to prefund vaporware with an ICO or premine) the CryptoVoter development team has developed an open-source shareholder-style blockchain voting client and Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) will be first cryptocoin to use CryptoVoter’s blockchain voting client to decentralize crypto development.

CryptoVoter’s new and unique blockchain voting system was recently featured in techcrunch and CryptoCoinNews.

The community will guide development on future cryptocoin features.  Pulling features instead of pushing them.   This is the future of cryptocoin development.  Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) will lead the way.

The open-source voting client has been developed and alpha-tested.

No vaporware.  No ICO’s.  No pre-mines.   Real software.  Real voting.  Real decentralization.

Shareholder-style blockchain voting is here.  Decentralized cryptocoin governance is now.

Welcome to Altcoins 2.0.

Bitcoin-sCrypt – Decentralized Development

While the original Bitcoin (BTC) provides decentralized transaction exchange and confirmation, development follows a centralized top-down model.  Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) development is committed to decentralizing development by having users vote on development issues with vote weight based on coin ownership percentages, just like shareholder voting in a corporation.   What’s more, Bitcoin-sCrypt users can propose items to be voted on so Bitcoin-sCrypt development is truly community-driven.

Future votes include whether to change the mining algo to become more asic resistant, whether to switch to a hybrid or a pure Proof-of-Stake system; whether to adopt anonymity features; whether to increase the blocksize; and whether to adopt new cryptocoin features and functionality, as proposed by the coin-holders themselves.

How Voting Works:

Users can cast votes manually, or use the CryptoVoter voting client to automatically cast votes, by creating vanity Bitcoin voting addresses in the user’s own wallet to allow them to send coins from one address in their wallet to another address in the same wallet by a designated blockheight deadline to publicly register votes.  Voters never give up control of their private keys before, during or after votes.  At the designated voting blockheight deadline (which is announced 48-72 hours before the estimated voting deadline), all non-zero balances of matching vanity Bitcoin voting addresses are tallied to count votes and can be independently counted by anyone using a blockchain explorer.  

An infographic explaining how it works can be found here.

How to Vote:

To automatically cast a vote, download the CryptoVoter-BTCS voting client and launch the client to get the latest voting question and answer choices.  You can also view past vote results and future voting questions in the client.

To manually cast a vote, visit http://btcs-voter.com to get the latest voting question and manual voting instructions.  You can also view past vote results and future voting questions on the website.

Specifications:

• Release date: September 8, 2013 [No premine]
  • Mining Algo:  Scrypt POW
  • Block reward: 25 coins per block  (prior to halving:  50 coins per block)
  • Block generation: 2 minutes
  • Difficulty Retargets using nTargetTimespan = 60 * 60; nTargetSpacing=2*60; nInterval = nTargetTimespan/nTargetSpacing
  • Estimated 21 Million Max Coins
  • Development Driven by Shareholder-Style Blockchain Voting (CryptoVoter)

Mining Pools:

Exchanges:

Block Explorers:

BTCS Coin Information Sites

DOWNLOADS AND SOURCECODES:

BITCOIN-SCRYPT WALLET SOFTWARE v.1.4.0 CRYPTOVOTER-BTCS VOTING SOFTWARE v.1.10.1  ...............................................................................
[CLIENT]Latest Bitcoin-sCrypt wallet client binaries for Windows, Linux and Mac can be found here: http://bitcoinscrypt.co/#walletclientdownloads [CLIENT] Latest CryptoVoter-BTCS Voting client binaries for Windows and Linux can be found here: http://btcs-voter.com/download  ...............................................................................
[SOURCE] Source-code can be found here: https://github.com/bitcoin-scrypt/bitcoin-scrypt.git [SOURCE] Source-code can be found here: https://github.com/CryptoVoter-Client/CryptoVoter-Client  ...............................................................................
[LINUX COMPILE] Bitcoin-sCrypt wallet client Linux compile instructions can be found here: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/41433-how-to-compile-bitcoin-scrypt-v140-on-linux[LINUX COMPILE] CryptoVoter-BTCS voting client Linux compile instructions can be found here: https://github.com/CryptoVoter-Client/CryptoVoter-Client/blob/master/COMPILE.ubuntu  ...............................................................................
[WINDOWS COMPILE] Bitcoin-sCrypt wallet client Windows Gitian deterministic build compile instructions can be found here: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/41434-how-to-compile-bitcoin-scrypt-v140-for-windows-gitian [WINDOWS COMPILE] CryptoVoter-BTCS voting client Windows compile instructions can be found here: https://github.com/CryptoVoter-Client/CryptoVoter-Client/blob/master/COMPILE.windows  ...............................................................................

Bitcoin-sCrypt (BTCS) | CryptoVoter

Previous 2013 bitcointalk thread; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318253.0

what the fuck happen to bitcoin silver is there now a token swap?
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:16:12 PM

Bitcoin-Silver was an ERC20 token that was recently created and does not seem to be listed on any exchanges anymore.

Bitcoin-sCrypt is a cryptocoin on its own native blockchain that was released in 2013.

We have no idea what happened to Bitcoin-Silver but Bitcoin-sCrypt will be around forever.

CryptoVoter
Sillyme

Activity: 295

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:21:19 AM

Bitcoin-Silver was an ERC20 token that was recently created and does not seem to be listed on any exchanges anymore.

Bitcoin-sCrypt is a cryptocoin on its own native blockchain that was released in 2013.

We have no idea what happened to Bitcoin-Silver but Bitcoin-sCrypt will be around forever.

I cant wait till the Government comes sues all you fucking asshole for these shit coins and ripping people off
Korbeny2k

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:18:20 PM

I cant wait till the Government comes sues all you fucking asshole for these shit coins and ripping people off

Where are you directing your anger to? How much did you lose?
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:29:11 AM

Bitcoin-sCrypt has been around since 2013 and hasn't ripped anyone off.

CryptoVoter
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:38:23 AM

Where are you directing your anger to? How much did you lose?

I believe he is angry at the Bitcoin-Silver devs/team for disappearing.

CryptoVoter
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:23:39 PM

Community,

Now that we have successfully completed the first blockchain fork of the revival of Bitcoin-sCrypt, we are ready for the next set up updates.

As such, there will be a mandatory update for all BTCS clients on March 26 2018.

Accordingly, all clients must upgrade to v.1.7.0 before March 26, 2018.

We will notify the major exchanges and mining pools.

After this update, the next major update will involve the move over to the hybrid proof-of-stake algo.

https://bitcoinscrypt.io
https://theotherbitcoin.com

Thanks,

Smokeasy

CryptoVoter
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:46:54 PM

Is there any information available about the next hard fork? Pos parameters, will the cap stay at 21 million?
Smokeasy

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

Next fork to implement Dark Gravity Wave 3.

Fork after that to implement hybrid proof-of-stake.

POS parameters are still being worked out.

Cap will stay at 21 million coins like Bitcoin-core.

CryptoVoter
Korbeny2k

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:19:28 PM

Couldn't you implement Dark Gravity Wave 3 instead of Kimoto Gravity Well? A lot of hard forks might annoy and scare away people. Is the change to POS the last hard fork, when is it planned?
annapapo

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

You devs were spending too much time changing the logo and doing an unnecessary fork!  You should have spent more time watching the price action on Cryptopia!  It kept falling and falling and falling.  It seemed to stabilize at about 1075 satoshis after the general Bitcoin crash, but then you guys dropped the ball and let it drop down to 470 satoshis!  Your primary job as a dev is to keep the price moving upwards!  And you are fucking failing!  Whenever the price dips you need to put your own money into BitcoinScrypt and pu mp the price back up so that your investors don't lose a bunch of money!  Stop doing these silly things we don't need and just buy your own fucking coin if you really believe in it.  Get the price back up!  Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: