Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:03:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin...?  (Read 1098 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:57:39 PM

even Instagram got 400 mio users within 4 years  Cheesy

Comparing it to something free, 'cool' and accessible from Facebook with a couple of clicks is a bit of a stretch, no?

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:01:54 PM

Comparing it to something free, 'cool' and accessible from Facebook with a couple of clicks is a bit of a stretch, no?

They're two totally different things, literally apples and oranges. Instagram is a website. Bitcoin is a payment protocol and currency. You're asking people to change the way they conduct their business by using Bitcoin. Going to the instagram website is incredibly simple for anybody to do, and doesn't require them to change anything about their lives. They're presumably already using the internet anyways, just type the name into the address bar.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 03:07:37 PM

good points. it was just an exmaple.  Smiley

bitcoin is alot more complicated than Instagram of course. and i like that. that means we are in the early stages of Bitcoin and that is the place i want to be.

even a grow from  4-5 mio today  to  40-50 mio  in 2020 would be amazing in my view.  Smiley

leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:30:16 PM

Do we have a current count on how many people are actually invested in Bitcoin, or at the very least how many people are using it, is there a good way to get that data anyhow?
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 03:59:05 PM

BTC will get there one day, never fear  Cool

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 05:25:13 PM

Do we have a current count on how many people are actually invested in Bitcoin, or at the very least how many people are using it, is there a good way to get that data anyhow?

you can only add official wallet numbers from blockchain, coinbase etc. that would lead to 1-5 mios i would estimate.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:28:48 PM

Yup, it's a pretty pointless analogy. Instagram doesn't require any thought, it's just "upload pictures on webpage". Thats why it's so famous. To get a technological revolution to that level of fame it will require more than just going viral.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:33:49 PM

you can only add official wallet numbers from blockchain, coinbase etc. that would lead to 1-5 mios i would estimate.

Also take into consideration that most addresses that have been used once in a transaction have either been dumped or is not used again. And a single user holds more or less 5 addresses in his/her wallet. Wallets created in blockchain.info and Coinbase aren't that much accurate when you are trying to figure out how many people are using bitcoins. I for one created 8 wallets from blockchain.info and 3 in Coinbase, but those never had the chance to receive even a single satoshi. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: