Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:22:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CHIP] Chipcoin | Full PoS | Maintained Only | Yobit | Nova  (Read 63476 times)
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:38:25 PM

Damn - there is a lot of shifting of coins on Yo-bit.  People dumping or losing faith?  Is there any development updates?  Any plans for the future?  It looks like some people are buying too!

boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:15:51 PM

Damn - there is a lot of shifting of coins on Yo-bit.  People dumping or losing faith?  Is there any development updates?  Any plans for the future?  It looks like some people are buying too!

hehe, panic is caused by fiat/btc  Grin, indeed cheap coins. I actually expected it after 2 chips per stake period, and during that time btc goes up from 340 to 400. Some are cutting their loss, others swap it and some are buying, including new chip holders.
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 11:27:34 PM

Yeah I noticed that too... I guess someone wanted out.. No problem though.. This will take our current marketcap back to ~8-9 BTC Shocked.. I am also waiting on some bitcoin to clear to buy some more CHIP Smiley

As far as updates, it is December.. We all know the deal.. holidays, parties.. etc..
The signature campaign will start by the end of the week.. Also the games will be updated (sorry for the delay) And I plan to release a beta version of the chip cloud storage platform late january.. In the meanwhile I will roll out an update for the wallet somewhere next week.. I want to remove the PoW difficulty.. add a few checkpoints.. and a few other things.. Maybe even switch to a completely new design (I prefer wallets which can be maximized).. So yeah.. thats whats up atm.. I'm taking my time with this coin.. In case you might not have noticed, this is a long term project for me.. I am always here, and will not leave like some other people do..  And imho it is a good time to buy now if you have patience and are looking for a longterm investment  Wink

I will generate a new address for donations regarding the signature campaign tomorrow.. I already spent about 350K of my private bag on bounties etc. since I started the takeover (including chip v1)..  So donations will be much appreciated  Smiley
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:19:34 AM

Without doing full on digging into the codebase you're currently using, resizing of (or maximizing) the Qt frame (window) is something that you should be able to enable/disable fairly easily. I've actually encountered quite a few wallets where it wasn't enabled for some odd reason or another and the "fix" is more often than not changing a couple lines in the source and recompiling.
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 12:59:51 AM

Without doing full on digging into the codebase you're currently using, resizing of (or maximizing) the Qt frame (window) is something that you should be able to enable/disable fairly easily. I've actually encountered quite a few wallets where it wasn't enabled for some odd reason or another and the "fix" is more often than not changing a couple lines in the source and recompiling.

The thing is, the current background is a png image, so resizing will not be any good with that.. I will probably use a stylesheet with the next release
boki15

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

Yeah I noticed that too... I guess someone wanted out.. No problem though.. This will take our current marketcap back to ~8-9 BTC Shocked.. I am also waiting on some bitcoin to clear to buy some more CHIP Smiley

As far as updates, it is December.. We all know the deal.. holidays, parties.. etc..
The signature campaign will start by the end of the week.. Also the games will be updated (sorry for the delay) And I plan to release a beta version of the chip cloud storage platform late january.. In the meanwhile I will roll out an update for the wallet somewhere next week.. I want to remove the PoW difficulty.. add a few checkpoints.. and a few other things.. Maybe even switch to a completely new design (I prefer wallets which can be maximized).. So yeah.. thats whats up atm.. I'm taking my time with this coin.. In case you might not have noticed, this is a long term project for me.. I am always here, and will not leave like some other people do..  And imho it is a good time to buy now if you have patience and are looking for a longterm investment  Wink

I will generate a new address for donations regarding the signature campaign tomorrow.. I already spent about 350K of my private bag on bounties etc. since I started the takeover (including chip v1)..  So donations will be much appreciated  Smiley

Could you tell more about cloud storage?

2016 is going to be crypto year Smiley. One thing that I really would like to see implemented is POE (Proof of Existance). If even possible (we know everything is, just question of investment), then I would wish to have one address for Chip and Tether and ability to use my chip wallet for tether fiat.

I know I set it high, however cloud storage service could profit a lot of these features including ability to trade fiat, nice dream Smiley, isn't it.
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 01:58:39 PM

The cloud storage will be a dropbox kind of platform.. Every top 50 holder receives a free account with X gb online storage and X gb bandwith.. This is purely a service towards loyal CHIP holders/supporters.

I mentioned before I wanted to make CHIP easy to buy, however there are some risks on a crypto/fiat exchange terminal.. And I need to look into that, and probably need to register at the chamber of commerce before I can even startup something like that in a legal way. There are a lot of rules for these kind of services.

holy fcksticks this coin is being dumped heavily.. why?? the 16chip reward for staking is close.. lol

@banzai where are the custom stake rewards you mentioned 2 weeks ago? i think the dumps are happening becuz theres nothing happening here and the bitcoin price..

It is December.. The month of holidays etc.. I am also busy atm with some private stuff.. So don't expect such an update before January.. As I said before.. I am not in a hurry to get everything finished.. This is not that kind of coin... It is a takeover project which gets improved over time...
TheInfidel

Activity: 532

Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:47:21 PM

The cloud storage will be a dropbox kind of platform.. Every top 50 holder receives a free account with X gb online storage and X gb bandwith.. This is purely a service towards loyal CHIP holders/supporters.

I mentioned before I wanted to make CHIP easy to buy, however there are some risks on a crypto/fiat exchange terminal.. And I need to look into that, and probably need to register at the chamber of commerce before I can even startup something like that in a legal way. There are a lot of rules for these kind of services.

holy fcksticks this coin is being dumped heavily.. why?? the 16chip reward for staking is close.. lol

@banzai where are the custom stake rewards you mentioned 2 weeks ago? i think the dumps are happening becuz theres nothing happening here and the bitcoin price..

It is December.. The month of holidays etc.. I am also busy atm with some private stuff.. So don't expect such an update before January.. As I said before.. I am not in a hurry to get everything finished.. This is not that kind of coin... It is a takeover project which gets improved over time...

Well, Merry X'mas to you. You have a long holiday and I may be able to pick some up really cheap in the meantime.  Grin

BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 04:54:25 PM

Thanks Smiley

Donation address for the Signature Campaign : CS9ffZQ6Nym6b9FfKtDTpR54NyVFQhcpMq

What will you get when you donate? Nothing, except a place in the Chipcoin Hall of Fame. And hopefully a bunch of new interest in Chipcoin by new people Smiley

Final details will be posted soon.. I am still working on this together with Luc, but due our busy schedules.. We hardly have spoken the last few days.. I can at least tell you we will do things a little different then other campaigns.. Luc had some great ideas! Cheers for that bro

I want to gather funds for about a week, and afterwards start with the campaign.

bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:02:19 PM

really interesting coin, low price, low quantity of coin issued, and still being developed, watching closely waiting for nice surprises from chipcoin
coldfusion

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:07:03 AM

Thanks Smiley

Donation address for the Signature Campaign : CS9ffZQ6Nym6b9FfKtDTpR54NyVFQhcpMq

What will you get when you donate? Nothing, except a place in the Chipcoin Hall of Fame. And hopefully a bunch of new interest in Chipcoin by new people Smiley

Final details will be posted soon.. I am still working on this together with Luc, but due our busy schedules.. We hardly have spoken the last few days.. I can at least tell you we will do things a little different then other campaigns.. Luc had some great ideas! Cheers for that bro

I want to gather funds for about a week, and afterwards start with the campaign.

Sent you 100k lets hope people get behind this and we can make CHIP a long term success
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 02:33:12 PM

That is very generous of you!

Thanks you very much for that Smiley

We already " crowdfunded " 140K CHIP. That is about 1.4-1.5% of the current spendable supply

Thank you very much guys, we will put it to good use! Donations are still open until friday
sulfurtank

Activity: 592

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:15:44 PM

really interesting coin, low price, low quantity of coin issued, and still being developed, watching closely waiting for nice surprises from chipcoin

Yeah great some more zero hedge crap.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:52:22 PM

Yeah, it's nearly been a week since we last spoke, busy schedules indeed. But we'll manage! Christmas break is nearing... Smiley

Glad to be of service, sir!
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 05:12:05 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 05:03:54 PM by BanzaiBTC

nice 140k is a good start!! so when do we start??

chip can easily reach 500sat we can do it guys

I hope this sunday/monday Smiley

On the other hand, Maybe it is even better to wait some more before we start this. Besides the holiday period thats coming, we don't have anything atm to promote us with. I am thinking about using the campaign to promote our upcoming fork with higher rewards etc.. (Yes we will have a fork somewhere in january Smiley I am working on something nice with the rewards Smiley)

How do you guys feel about this? I feel its maybe a loss of funds if we spend it now tbh... I am also staking the donated coins. I hope you guys don't mind. The more funds we gather the better.
coldfusion

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:37:33 AM

I agree , we need to be able to promote something with the give away , otherwise it is just wasted.

As for staking , go for it , the more we have in the promotions wallet the better it is for the coin .

Still a happy holder and buyer .
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 04:51:56 PM

Hi
I had 2.0 wallet and I changed to 3.0. and its not working, "error reading wallet.dat"
some advice? please help!!!

HOW TO SWAP MANUALY NOW?

btw: come to IRC channel all, becouse there is sad now > #ChipcoinOfficial

You can't swap anymore. All the remaining swap funds we're burned. This was communicated a long time ago  Undecided

I'm very sorry but there is nothing I can do for you now. I have been announcing the swap for weeks, and after the swap I even kept the old chain alive for 1-2 weeks for people to have a manual swap if they missed the exchange somehow.

Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:51:56 PM

the announcement was made well in advance as to exactly what would happen and the given time frame. Allowing 6 months to 1 year for a coin swap is also certainly not "normal" by any means and I would hope that anybody that has any sizable investment in ANY coin would also know that the need to pay attention is important.
BanzaiBTC (OP)
Legendary

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 03:29:40 AM

the announcement was made well in advance as to exactly what would happen and the given time frame. Allowing 6 months to 1 year for a coin swap is also certainly not "normal" by any means and I would hope that anybody that has any sizable investment in ANY coin would also know that the need to pay attention is important.

where is the problem to wait for all laggards for 6 months(?)

Look, here is the thing.

I announced this about 6 weeks before the swap was even started, yet confirmed. The total time we talked about the swap and that the swap took place is almost 2 months. That is enough time to get yourself updated now and then.

6 months is really too long.

Also there was a reason it had to be like this. The old chain was not stable enough to risk a longer period for the swap. Just me and a few other people kept the chain moving the last few weeks.. The mining rewards we're not enough to cover mining costs. So the chain halted a few times when the miners stopped mining. A total disaster scenario.

Having said that, I also don't want to hold such an amount of swapfunds for such a long period. These kind of things work best when it is done as fast as possible to avoid confusion about the remaining swap funds. I already gave people a chance to swap after the exchange was done. I'm sorry but late is late in this matter.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 06:04:11 AM

Have a great Holiday and New Year!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: