Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] BITINSTANT STILL have a problem!  (Read 1928 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 09:42:56 PM

enmaku, I get where you're coming from, seriously I do. If resolving it in private worked, I would be doing that right now. But they've stopped responding to my emails 2 times so far, and each time I come onto the forums they respond. I take it back to emails, and what do you know, they stop again! I'm not one to start a shit-flinging contest, especially if it has to do with a business' well-being, but I DO feel wronged and from what I've seen in the ToS, I didn't violate it at all. Your bitch mode rant wont stop me from working this out til the end.

Dude, that is such a lie.

No offense, but your digging yourself into such a hole.

We've answered every email, PM, and phone call to you, even on Saturday and Sunday.

What I don't get is why the emails clearly stated that I received 881$ of BTC instead of 950$. If it was frozen while processing, shouldn't it say that I have received 950$? And shouldn't you re-process to ensure that the customer is receiving the correct amount of BTC, so they don't get more or less than they should? You have to manually process it anyways, do you not?

You did, you got the same amount of USD worth of BTC on the day we released it as you would have gotten 2 days prior. The only difference is the price of Bitcoin went up.

Note that the exchange rate has changed since your order was created. The coins were bought then, at a higher exchange rate. This is to ensure that the most up to date rate is used when an order is processed. In this case, the exchange rate went down. This is exactly what you would have gotten had the transactions not been frozen for violating our TOS.

You also did not respond to this:

Hello, I deposited a total of $3400 dollars today and have only received
$1000 dollars worth. I have all 4 receipts. $2000 were sent to this email
address and $1400 was sent to a friend's email address. Please help me
solve this problem, thank you.

Why did your email say you deposited $3400 and then you said it was actually your friend?

Your making lies after lies up, we did not wrong you.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:47:04 PM

enmaku, I get where you're coming from, seriously I do. If resolving it in private worked, I would be doing that right now. But they've stopped responding to my emails 2 times so far, and each time I come onto the forums they respond. I take it back to emails, and what do you know, they stop again! I'm not one to start a shit-flinging contest, especially if it has to do with a business' well-being, but I DO feel wronged and from what I've seen in the ToS, I didn't violate it at all. Your bitch mode rant wont stop me from working this out til the end.

The fact is it did work, just not the way you wanted it to. You complained, they explained themselves, you complained again they told you no and now you're whining about it publicly hoping to shame them into paying you off so you'll shut up.

The adult way of handling this would be to involve authorities or a neutral third party of some sort, not the public. If you legitimately feel that they have wronged you in a legal monetary transaction and you're not getting anywhere with the company yourself, there are other channels. Going to the public makes you seem immature at best, scammy at worst. It's not you saying "I was legitimately wronged" any more, it's you saying "You don't agree with my assessment so now I'm going to publicly shame you" and that isn't acceptable behavior.

Of course it's unlikely that any of the proper channels will get you what you want since they'll be looking at BitInstant's ToS and other binding documents to determine what should have happened, and since you agreed to those rules you'll have to play by them. If you broke the rules, or even bent them, no external body will enter any rulings in your favor and you know that, so instead you come here and shout as loudly as you can in hopes that BitInstant will just pay you to shut up.

Charlie, do your investigation and decide what the proper course of action is - pay them if they legitimately deserve to be paid - but I swear to you, if you pay this person one cent just to make them shut up I will personally fly to New York and slap you across the face. We don't negotiate with terrorists Grin
Nurburgring (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 10:02:43 PM

Dude, that is such a lie.

No offense, but your digging yourself into such a hole.

We've answered every email, PM, and phone call to you, even on Saturday and Sunday.

What I don't get is why the emails clearly stated that I received 881$ of BTC instead of 950$. If it was frozen while processing, shouldn't it say that I have received 950$? And shouldn't you re-process to ensure that the customer is receiving the correct amount of BTC, so they don't get more or less than they should? You have to manually process it anyways, do you not?

You did, you got the same amount of USD worth of BTC on the day we released it as you would have gotten 2 days prior. The only difference is the price of Bitcoin went up.

Note that the exchange rate has changed since your order was created. The coins were bought then, at a higher exchange rate. This is to ensure that the most up to date rate is used when an order is processed. In this case, the exchange rate went down. This is exactly what you would have gotten had the transactions not been frozen for violating our TOS.

You also did not respond to this:

Hello, I deposited a total of $3400 dollars today and have only received
$1000 dollars worth. I have all 4 receipts. $2000 were sent to this email
address and $1400 was sent to a friend's email address. Please help me
solve this problem, thank you.

Why did your email say you deposited $3400 and then you said it was actually your friend?

Your making lies after lies up, we did not wrong you.

-Charlie

I honestly don't know why you keep saying things that didn't happen. You have replied to all of my PMs, but I can pull out emails that you guys failed to reply to. I have never called you guys on the phone.

enmaku, would it make you feel better if I PM'd you the emails they failed to respond to? But you have made your point. I did agree to their ToS, and if they can't see it from the customer's side, then I'm done arguing. I didn't mean for this to become a shouting match, really. I just wanted a response. They didn't respond to me through email, which is why I came here. Obviously Charlie is going to say different things, but I'm finished. I'm taking my business elsewhere, Bitinstant has been less than satisfactory for me.

Edit: Charlie, it clearly says some was sent to a friend's account. I may have typed "I" but it wasn't me. It slipped that way. I cleared it up later by saying it was a friend and I
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 10:07:15 PM

enmaku, would it make you feel better if I PM'd you the emails they failed to respond to? But you have made your point. I did agree to their ToS, and if they can't see it from the customer's side, then I'm done arguing. I didn't mean for this to become a shouting match, really. I just wanted a response. They didn't respond to me through email, which is why I came here. Obviously Charlie is going to say different things, but I'm finished. I'm taking my business elsewhere, Bitinstant has been less than satisfactory for me.

Please show us emails that I have not responded to.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Nurburgring (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 10:12:12 PM

Please show us emails that I have not responded to.

-Charlie

My fault, it wasn't you but Ira that did not respond. And at one point it took you over a day to respond to my email, which is why I felt like you did  not respond.

To clear it up, Charlie DID respond to all of my emails.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 02:40:30 AM

I deposited mine at one and my friend deposited his at another. Would that really get flagged?

It should if it was deposited to the same account or if the deposits were broken up in a manner that looked like you were trying to avoid some kind of transaction limit.  It doesn't matter if the total of the transactions is under the mandatory reporting threshold - financial service providers are well within their rights to set whatever transaction limits they like and to set their software to flag any activity which looks like an attempt to bypass those limits.  They can also file reports on suspicious activity even if the amounts involved are below the mandatory reporting threshold. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Caniluk

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:09:39 AM

I feel sorry for BitInstant here, I arrived after doing a search on on the forums since I am looking at an alternative to MtGox.
It seems simple enough, the ToS are there on the site, and they were broken. Yet an awful forum title remains that may damage
reputation. I really think there should be a forum rule that would allow moderators to make a decision and be able to change titles
such as these.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 01:52:13 PM

I feel sorry for BitInstant here, I arrived after doing a search on on the forums since I am looking at an alternative to MtGox.
It seems simple enough, the ToS are there on the site, and they were broken. Yet an awful forum title remains that may damage
reputation. I really think there should be a forum rule that would allow moderators to make a decision and be able to change titles
such as these.

YES! Its the worst

Mod...please change the title

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 01:56:46 PM

It shouldn't be changed. It looks like bad propaganda, but indeed it is good one.

The title is accusatory and sensational enough that lots of people will look into here, only to see how Charlie calmly and rationally deals with a complete freak show. If anything this inspires trust.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:10:01 PM

Moderator comment: Added a [RESOLVED] to the title.

Personal comment: You guys should give the newbs a break. Shopping at SR messes with their nerves Grin
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Moderator comment: Added a [RESOLVED] to the title.

Personal comment: You guys should give the newbs a break. Shopping at SR messes with their nerves Grin

Is it the shopping or the product?  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: