Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:15:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KRC] Krypton coins - a decentralized Craigslist  (Read 7040 times)
oldmaid (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 19

Krypton

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 03:25:06 PM

most people are interested in the distribution of coin for free , if you think there will be many people who are interested then you are wrong

That is true in this case there is nothing for free.
yes I know it , but the point that I was ready to do anything to get something from you

Would you want to run a node to get a free coin?
of course I want , what should I do for it ?

I'll make a list of the people that want to run nodes and if you still want to do it when I'm ready I'll show you how to download and install it. Send me a message with your username on here if you want so I can start making the list of people that want to help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

I don't know how this will go but I had received some free coin distribution on this forum in the past but I am willing to give 0.01 btc as my small contributions towards your project, you only simply have to tell me how many krypton coin you will send to me, when and how.

thanks that would be a great. I can sell you two for that price. Do you want to run the software on your computer? or would you like some kind of paper key to just save them with?
I thought you are offering free distribution of the coin, I am not interested in buying the coin but support it.
If you now claim to sell 2 coin to me for that price it mean the value of the coin is 0.005btc per one.

Yes there are 10,000 coins total so I consider that if I was to sell all of them for 0.005 that would be about $10k for my year worth of work.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 05:56:09 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2015, 06:10:22 PM by oldmaid

Nice
When does the Ico start?
However I think that 10,000 total coins supply is too little.
You should make it 2,500,000,000 coins for 0.00000002 btc each instead of the 10,000 for 0.005 btc each that you said.
Both equal to 50 btc, but the 2.5 billion total coins number is better.

Thanks for your input. And yes that does make more sense. However, do to the way I built the database it is not designed in the same way Bitcoin is. This is made to be very small and portable to eventually run completely on mobile devices. I felt like if I was going to reinvent the wheel here I might as well do it a little different rather then going exactly as Bitcoin did. You are right though absolutely.

alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:03:56 PM

I just need some more nodes in the network to fix the bugs. I would give away some of the coins to the people that help out so they could test the network. It still needs a few more months work.

Your project seems interesting, but it is similar to craigscoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=780334.0 the bad news with that coin is the dev left the project once he already made the money through an ICO.

But in this case maybe i could lend a hand.
I no longer feel comfortable with this coin because of the similarity to craigscoin, it might be from the similar Dev. be cautious while dealing with this.

Interesting I never saw that before. However, it's an idea that many people have had, just like bitcoin, few people can make it work. In this case I built this program myself and have never heard of this other system before.
That really sound true because similar ideas flies in the mind of more than 1000 people at a time.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:28:28 AM

Nice
When does the Ico start?
You should make it 2,500,000,000 coins for 0.00000002 btc each instead of the 10,000 for 0.005 btc each that you said.

Thanks for your input. And yes that does make more sense. However, do to the way I built the database it is not designed in the same way Bitcoin is. This is made to be very small and portable to eventually run completely on mobile devices. I felt like if I was going to reinvent the wheel here I might as well do it a little different rather then going exactly as Bitcoin did. You are right though absolutely.
Why would bigger number be incapable of running on mobile devices? even dogecoin has mobile wallet ffs.
something feels shady about your coin. maybe its not a real coin? is it a scam?

Let me explain the difference for you. Because I have a lot of experience with this. Perhaps it will be of use to you even if you do not like my work. Bitcoin Litecoin Doge whatever do have mobile wallets. Those wallets are written in Android or really JAVA and they are only partial nodes. They cannot store the blockchain or verify it in any way. They are only used as supplements to the Bitcoin node network. If the Bitcoin network goes down you cannot use a mobile wallet. In this case my blockchain is built in JAVA from the start with a very small database 40-80MB this way it will be possible for mobile phones to run the system on their own without any other Master Nodes. But right now it is desktop based. I'm just saying that it is possible to run it on phones only.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:37:52 AM

Nice
When does the Ico start?

Why would bigger number be incapable of running on mobile devices? even dogecoin has mobile wallet ffs.
something feels shady about your coin. maybe its not a real coin? is it a scam?

Let me explain the difference for you. Because I have a lot of experience with this. Perhaps it will be of use to you even if you do not like my work. Bitcoin Litecoin Doge whatever do have mobile wallets. Those wallets are written in Android or really JAVA and they are only partial nodes. They cannot store the blockchain or verify it in any way. They are only used as supplements to the Bitcoin node network. If the Bitcoin network goes down you cannot use a mobile wallet. In this case my blockchain is built in JAVA from the start with a very small database 40-80MB this way it will be possible for mobile phones to run the system on their own without any other Master Nodes. But right now it is desktop based. I'm just saying that it is possible to run it on phones only.

A 1 input transaction of 1 million bitcoin has the same size as a 1 input transaction of 0.0001 btc.
The amount of coins does not make the size transaction any bigger or smaller. So the total number of coins does not change the size of the blockchain.
The things that make the blockchain bigger are:
The amount of transactions that happen, the number of inputs in transactions, the amount of outputs in transaction, other things people include in a transaction such as text or godknowswhat they put in the blockchain.

So making a small number of total coins will not make the blockchain 40-80 mb. The blockchain will be much bigger than that after a while, even if you make the total coins only 100 coins.
If you want mobile wallets to be lite weight, then they can't be full nodes.

You are talking about the Bitcoin blockchain not the Krypton blockchain. Believe me there is no one in the world more skilled with the Krypton blockchain then me. I made it.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 07:15:03 PM

most people are interested in the distribution of coin for free , if you think there will be many people who are interested then you are wrong

That is true in this case there is nothing for free.
yes I know it , but the point that I was ready to do anything to get something from you

Would you want to run a node to get a free coin?
of course I want , what should I do for it ?

Just send me a message so I can message you when the program is ready to download.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:10:11 PM

anyone want to try it out?

JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:31:27 PM

Krypton?
We should make more coins and pick the names from the Periodic Table
 Cheesy
oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 04:02:08 PM

Krypton?
We should make more coins and pick the names from the Periodic Table
 Cheesy

It's supposed to be a play on Crypto and Krypton like in Superman.

knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:55:53 PM

I have learned a few things in business and one of them is that there is nothing ever for free.  With that being said, I would be willing to assist you.  I could run all 5 nodes you are looking to do, but I am not doing this for .05 BTC per node.  I can earn that with posts in this forum, posts which make anyway through my searching and wanting to comment.  You say you have 10,000 coins, in which it seems you are placing an initial value of about .005 per coin.  This makes your initial value about 50 BTC.  If you look at the coin exchanges, you can see that most investments like this start off with far fewer coins and have well into the millions of coin available.  This is not the case.  With that being said, I would recommend that you offer 1,000 coins to anyone willing to run a node for you.  You are expecting a lot from this when other coins have starting prices of .0000003 per coin and you are starting at over 10,000 times that amount.  Just some pointers for you.  Good luck in what ever you choose to do.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:25:30 AM

Dev try aruba.it vps 12 bucks year one vps with 1gb ram 1vcpu and 20 gb of hd  Grin
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:09:26 PM

I initially wanted to invest in this coin but i feel that the OP is too possessive.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 04:11:13 PM

I have learned a few things in business and one of them is that there is nothing ever for free.  With that being said, I would be willing to assist you.  I could run all 5 nodes you are looking to do, but I am not doing this for .05 BTC per node.  I can earn that with posts in this forum, posts which make anyway through my searching and wanting to comment.  You say you have 10,000 coins, in which it seems you are placing an initial value of about .005 per coin.  This makes your initial value about 50 BTC.  If you look at the coin exchanges, you can see that most investments like this start off with far fewer coins and have well into the millions of coin available.  This is not the case.  With that being said, I would recommend that you offer 1,000 coins to anyone willing to run a node for you.  You are expecting a lot from this when other coins have starting prices of .0000003 per coin and you are starting at over 10,000 times that amount.  Just some pointers for you.  Good luck in what ever you choose to do.

Thanks for your advice. Everything you said is correct. There are a few difference though in this situation, so let me explain. The coins are not distributed in mining like with bitcoin so there will never be more then 25,000 coins. That has become the set limit. This system is more like a crypto asset then a crypto currency. So I feel that the differences call for a different arrangement. The mining of bitcoin I think works very well for bitcoin. However, I don't want to waste my time reinventing the wheel. Bitcoin is great why change it. My thought is that if I'm going to try to build something it should be new and add to the landscape of distributed systems. This coin is an attempt at a distributed P2P craigslist. In doing so, there are some challenges that are different then Bitcoin, and they call for different solutions to the problems. So as I worked them out one by one this is the system that emerged. This has taken me about a year to complete and so 50BTC, although alot, for a years work is not that much. If the system is of value to the community. And yes that is yet to be proven. I have taken all the comments from the users on this board very seriously and I understand they are completely tired of being ripped off by scamcoins. Therefore, I have decided to give away coins to people that want to run nodes as sort of a mining reword so there is less risk for people to try it out and decided for themselves if it is of any value or not. I would be happy to give you some free coins if you'd like to try it out and give your honest input on the system.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 04:16:49 PM

I initially wanted to invest in this coin but i feel that the OP is too possessive.

I have to be, to protect the system in the beginning against people that are going to turn it into another illegal drug site. Eventually yes people will be able to list whatever they want and sell whatever they want. But I feel that if the system is to be of any real value it needs to start out with a better reputation. I have the ability to protect the system in the beginning and start it off on the right foot and I feel this is the best way to do it. Any suggestions?

Also I would be more then happy to give some free coins to you if you want to try it out and see for yourself if I've created anything of value or not. Only time will tell. Thanks to this board I have found some people to start hosting nodes so please go to the site and check it out. This is one node point that can display the contents of the system. Any node could do the same.

4z576iolmsmdzxkd.onion

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 04:24:30 PM

Dev try aruba.it vps 12 bucks year one vps with 1gb ram 1vcpu and 20 gb of hd  Grin

Good idea thanks. Only problem is that I want people to start using the system and so if i go with that then no one will use it.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 03:48:11 AM

I have now added an install file for everyone to download the software and give it a try. Bugs are still being worked out.

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 11:27:45 PM

did anyone download and try?

oldmaid (OP)

Krypton

View Profile WWW