Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMBASE is at it again  (Read 463 times)
ron7684 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:38:03 PM

So it seems Coinbase is having MORE problems with their system in the last day.

Many users who have money on the site are being sent through a redirect loop after a screen which (incorrectly) claims that their profile is incomplete and restricts access to their wallet. https://archive.is/55Nqw

I tried to set up an account last month with Coinbase and went through a similar issue when this "Your account is incomplete" page showed up after signup. Incompetent support team didn't do anything helpful for 10 days and I ended up closing my accounts. Funny thing is, there was even an error when I tried to close my account and they could not process the request.

I also was able to infer some of the inner workings of their DB because of the malfunction and it appears that they do not actually remove closed accounts; instead the emails are prefixed with a string containing the date of deletion and other text which I will not publicize.

Think about this. Automatically changing the email address linked to access my personal and financial information? The new email is indeed a valid email address with the same domain, and this new email can be registered with the same provider.

TL;DR
Same issue restricting wallet access for both new and established accounts has been going on for over a month
Incompetent tech support doesn't know shit
Website processing errors (can't add info, delete accounts, etc.)
Questionable privacy practices

For now I'd say stay FAR FAR AWAY from this load of crap. Their rates are pretty good but that won't matter when shit hits the fan.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ron7684 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:43:07 PM

This is not really a scam accusation. I think Coinbase is engaging in some questionable practices and I'm pointing out what I have seen to alert others to what might happen with their money. More of a news bulletin.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:48:15 PM

maybe lock this and create another topic with less accusing tone and different title?

actually, just leave this open. I'm interested in what other users have to say.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 07:55:27 PM

Sounds like you are upset because Coinbase closed your account for breaking one of their rules.

ron7684 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 07:59:01 PM

Sounds like you are upset because Coinbase closed your account for breaking one of their rules.

Nope, I explicitly contacted them regarding multiple accounts.

The problem was I tried to close my account after a frustrating experience and their website failed to do so.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:00:29 PM

it doesn't look like that from the page OP linked (https://archive.is/55Nqw). and there's nothing written about rules there.
ron7684 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:01:36 PM

it doesn't look like that from the page OP linked (https://archive.is/55Nqw). and there's nothing written about rules there.

To be clear, the page I linked is not me. This is another user going through a similar issue (with pictures!).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: