Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Free Bitcoin Vanity Address Generation Website.  (Read 14772 times)
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 12:54:36 AM

AHha... Rely ? That is wonderful. WHos fault is we lost balances ? I don't care about 0.003 i paid for it. It was urs responsibility to provide SECURE keys like u say on ur site . Nvm as far i am concerned , u may not even be hacked. For 3 months not to notice change in ur own code its ridiculous. Now will be refunding what we paid for them , but not balance that was on them.... Hahahaha.... Great.

Well let's be honest - there aren't many people nice enough in the world to refund 10K of losses unless your a bigtime player or a big business. There are really just two scenarios:

a) Not hacked, instead maliciously edited code to steal coins. Then logic tells you that he would never refund your losses, but possibly only the cost of the addresses themselves in order to maintain some respectability for his account
b) Hacked, and refunding because it's the least he could do. Still can't give you a full refund because he doesn't have the funds necessary to cover it.

Both cases make sense with his actions so you can't really tell. The lesson to be learned with all of this is that is your going to make addresses do so yourself and don't trust it to any external party at all.

I just don't get how they did not notice that code . And also, how theirs money we paid them also got stolen ? Don't tell me that it was on address made after 13 dec, and also vanaty . If u only know how much i regret making that . Lost all money i saved up for scholarship in 2+ month. So many scammers in this fcn world.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bredy

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:58:19 AM

This is whole scam. I don't trust them. Sorry. They should close their business and return all stollen coins.
MICRO
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:06:50 AM

This is whole scam. I don't trust them. Sorry. They should close their business and return all stollen coins.

They did close business now , that its to late. But my 0.4 btc is GONE! And they won't be paying back that . Now i am screwed Sad .

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
PixelPhobiac

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:14:24 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 01:34:50 AM by PixelPhobiac

Another victim here.

I immediately contacted both Blockchain.info, where I imported the private key, bitcoinvanity.appspot.com and the bitcoin IRC when I noticed a transaction was made without me knowing about it.

Mandrik over at blockchain.info responded swiftly and professionally and we quickly pinned down the possible causes of the problem. During the day Mandrik received a lot of tickets regarding stolen coins from vanity addresses so we were pretty sure it had something to do with bitcoinvanity.appspot.com.

Luckily I didn't store a lot of value on the address as I used it as a hot wallet. May others learn what I learned from this. As the value and popularity of Bitcoin is growing, hackers are becoming more and more creative and dedicated to steal them.

Transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/9e95fd443621d3d9fc150f290144401feb1627573c9161beb08edb472069a819

Compromised vanity address: 1JeroenYGvKMX8VXB25VESvCUq4L3SaE2f

Refund/tip address (no worries, I created this one locally after the theft ^.^): 1Jeroend9CaRRnK2Pd88NyGJF6AQApiCRR
perogi

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:16:12 AM

They did close business now , that its to late. But my 0.4 btc is GONE! And they won't be paying back that . Now i am screwed Sad .

Where do you live that losing 230ish USD is a life-altering event?
MICRO
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:28:48 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 01:44:00 AM by MICRO

Serbia, that is more than monthly pay here, and i am student saving up for scholarship. It is huge to me , worked 2 months for it .

I know i won't get any donations now but doesn't cost anything to try, i got donation of 0.1 btc from pd. 0.3 to go... I hope i make it back till the half of next month Sad .
My donation addy if anybody cares: 1GyDQ3npFsa72Ute6bXm3wen7U1GEFfpF4

When that reach 0.55 btc i am back where i was before this scam. I had 0.15 btc on that addy and 0.4 on that vanity. OH i wish i transferred it all to that other addy Sad .

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
perroseco

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:44:29 AM

We have emailed all users who we had an address for to mitigate any damage as much as we can.

Prefix         : 1oscar
Your Public Key: 04830329F7CAD7090810343E8F75D41FC07B33DF9F91999540CDCBB6C94F8620598C2E6297E3D30 C8FC66FA2521EC92D13ECE74C24B0F1CEC0199585A02CEBF878
Time Found     : 2014-03-17 01:01:31.985360

Please send the refund to: 164pscUn4hUMVEzHLgah29MoyRt3s8t6pJ
caitsith2

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:25:18 AM

Paid 0.003 for 1EAGLETxVWmE8CT2caF7XcxAXRuXGFuVez

details of transaction at http://[Suspicious link removed]/EAGLET (My part public key is 04884B77730B6C0A3E482A8FEBAE05A4610E3D1EA748FD84DE3D3FEBF2EDAE7F541814B10BF4283 CA3F0953135C42318960CF33735B74CA82BBB8366D2A2459B5B)

Refund to 1EAGLETDaTmopHSkhMfKkDBY9FZwt2Q9eg (I temporarily took one of my mining rigs offline to create this vanity myself, as well as 3 1CSTwo based vanity addresses, once I heard coins were being taken from vanity addresses created by this service.)

I had intended to use 1EAGLET to store bitcoins that I would be saving to eventually buy I copy of CadSoft Eagle professional,  (would require almost 2 BTC), so yeah, I don't exactly wish to be using a compromised by hack address.
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:53:49 AM

So what is the best way to fix this problem? I have it in a wallet with other addresses..can I just delete that address and not worry then? Or should I start all over with a new wallet and new addresses?

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:22:10 AM

So what is the best way to fix this problem? I have it in a wallet with other addresses..can I just delete that address and not worry then? Or should I start all over with a new wallet and new addresses?

Just delete the vanity address and never use it again. The rest should be fine provided you generated them yourself using your own client. Delete all the vanity ones you made with this site.
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:01:04 AM

Serbia, that is more than monthly pay here, and i am student saving up for scholarship. It is huge to me , worked 2 months for it .

I know i won't get any donations now but doesn't cost anything to try, i got donation of 0.1 btc from pd. 0.3 to go... I hope i make it back till the half of next month Sad .
My donation addy if anybody cares: 1GyDQ3npFsa72Ute6bXm3wen7U1GEFfpF4

When that reach 0.55 btc i am back where i was before this scam. I had 0.15 btc on that addy and 0.4 on that vanity. OH i wish i transferred it all to that other addy Sad .

I lost 0.02BTC which is about an average worker's day's wage where I live. I guess compared to your loss I can't complain but I certainly feel you. At the very least we learnt to be more prudent dealing with bitcoin in the future

To nibor, for what it's worth,  if my 0.02BTC can be refunded, please send to: 1JSTyxAswtBQNGxsDTH81JfvqsEGrsbQSV
bredy

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:21:25 AM

How do you know, when site has been hacked? Which way hacker used to modify code on the web? I bet that hacker is guy who latest updated the content on the web, or the admin of webhosting site. I want to know which steps you will do to find who hacked the site! You cannot simple say "sorry, it was hacker". Despite on what happened, you are responsible ,you should return all the money, first.
nibor (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 291

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:43:16 AM

We have now done analysis of all address paid for since the hack.

4   @ 0.1
83 @ 0.003
12 @ 0.001

Since the admin in people claiming lots of $2 we are planning to donate 0.261 to the Bitcoin Foundation to cover all the small amounts and request them to spend on educating users about security.

We will process the other 4 manually.
bredy

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:27:29 AM

Seriously? Are you laughing to my face? THERE IS NO HACKER. YOU OWNER DID STOLE ALL BITCOINS! SCAM, FCKNG SCAM!
Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:09:24 AM

did you never check your ANN thread before?
someone said get hacked from your vanity address in feb 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118968.msg5211706#msg5211706
hjbuell

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Writer $0.10/word +

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:53:00 AM

This is exactly why I don't trust companies that aren't run and managed by someone I can personally visit in America.

We have now done analysis of all address paid for since the hack.

4   @ 0.1
83 @ 0.003
12 @ 0.001

Since the admin in people claiming lots of $2 we are planning to donate 0.261 to the Bitcoin Foundation to cover all the small amounts and request them to spend on educating users about security.

We will process the other 4 manually.

What you've written is the single most f'd up thing I have ever seen anyone write in these forums (and that's saying a lot).

The person who needs to be educated about security is you. It was your site that was hacked, and you who did not notice it going on three months. Much, much better you spend that pittance on educating yourself about security, rather than insult those who, rightly or wrongly, placed their trust in you.

Being different is all it takes to make a difference. H. J. Buell
Writer from $0.10 per word. https://hjbuell.com
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:16:35 AM

Wow... glad I never did get around to paying for my requested vanity - even though I used my own key and wouldn't have used the resulting address regardless.  I feel sorry for you, Nibor - assuming of course you're not behind it all along (We can never be suuuuuuure!) - though for one of my upcoming posts, this is extremely timely (will have to move its schedule up a bit).

Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:30:54 AM

Really guys? You trust a stranger with your private keys.. All you would have to do is search the forums to see you could easily do it yourself. This is worse then trusting a stranger with your wallet and bank account. This had red flag written all over it. No sympathy here.
bredy

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:56:32 AM

Really guys? You trust a stranger with your private keys.. All you would have to do is search the forums to see you could easily do it yourself. This is worse then trusting a stranger with your wallet and bank account. This had red flag written all over it. No sympathy here.

And what about your wallet software. Are you sure, that there is no back-door, which logs your private key to an hidden server every time your wallet software generates one? To have source code of that software is no win. Hack has been written in javascript, everybody was able to see that hack directly on the web page. And nobody did during three long months.
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:10:04 AM

For me the biggest mistake I made was probably laziness. I took the fast and easy way of using their calckey instead of taking the extra effort to generate my own keys. Those who generated their own keys weren't affected. Yes I know all about never ever, ever using addresses not generated by your ownself, but I thought it wouldn't hit me. Guess I learned my lesson. So far the lessons I've learned:

Never put btc into exchanges (mt.gox incident)
Never put btc into an online wallet or so called bank (flexcoin incident)
Never mine on a pool (btcguild incident)
Never keep btc in your harddrive (guy who threw out his 7500btc containing harddrive incident)
and now Never use vanity addresses not generated by yourself

So I guess to ONLY way to keep your btc is in a paper wallet kept inside a maximum security vault under constant surveillance. Or am I still missing something?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: