Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [$70,000 ] BTC-E Refusing to Change My Old Email on My Account With 300 BTC  (Read 4227 times)
jusyoung (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:18:57 PM

Plus, the discussion is nowhere about finding out whose fault it was, but to try and help recover it. I'm not sure in what regards your post is helping to achieve that purpose, bitboy11 (is that your age, or year of birth?).

Exactly. I've tried to recover my email but I always get the same reply. But if you guys check on the screenshots I posted regarding my conversation with BTC-E, you would know that I provided every single thing they asked of me. They even stated 'why do you want to change the email?', which they aknowledged the info wasn't wrong. Plus later on I told them to cross the IP I was using with registration and login (which, obviously, matched).

I also accepted their suggestion on providing my ID/password as a verification method (as I have my full name on the registrar), even tho I think they're a shady company and I don't know what they might use it for, it's still an option for me. I will provide them with a copy of it if necessary.

To sum it up, I have nothing to hide, and I'm available to talk with them again and provide what's necessary (again...). I can even meet them up, as my vacations are in Europe every year (not in Russia tho).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:21:03 PM

TL;DR

If you had a gmail account, try registering that exact same account.  I've done this with mine that was very old.  And it worked.
BLOCK_C

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:25:28 PM

Out of curiosity why don't you try to gain access to your old e-mail account?  If it was at an old job explain the situation and see if they'll help you by letting you use your old e-mail account for a few days to get the account transferred over.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:29:50 PM

This sucks big time! I'm not sure I'd ever have that sort of money on an anonymous exchange for any duration of time. Good luck getting this shit sorted bro.
bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:03:49 AM

Uhmmm...Hushmail is a disposable email address.
I had a few accounts years ago and as far as I remember, either emails would expire or the account would expire if not used in a few weeks. This is why I abandoned it.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:12:08 AM

What's the lesson here?

Never leave your crypto on an exchange for extended periods of time. Even if it could go to 0 value in fiat terms.

If you don't hold the private key to your coins, you have no coins.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jusyoung (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:29:20 PM

What's the lesson here?

Never leave your crypto on an exchange for extended periods of time. Even if it could go to 0 value in fiat terms.

If you don't hold the private key to your coins, you have no coins.

Altho they have the option to change the email, and I matched every aspect of their criteria. They simply refuse to change it, because obviously $70,000 is VERY welcome to them.

Most likely the money doesn't exist anymore, they probably took it for themselves.
boliu

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:38:55 PM

wouldn't be easier to try to get your old email address back/?

Electric Money

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:22:30 PM

wouldn't be easier to try to get your old email address back/?

Yes.  That's what makes this whole thing unusual. 
jusyoung (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 10:12:09 PM

The email provider has made it clear: they can't restore access to the account, ever again. But that's past the point. Point being that BTC-E is refusing to change the email even tho I provided more than enough evidence.
darkagentx

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:04:12 AM

The email provider has made it clear: they can't restore access to the account, ever again. But that's past the point. Point being that BTC-E is refusing to change the email even tho I provided more than enough evidence.

Hi,

Sorry to hear this kind of mess your in. But have you tried to contact your email provider that if they can try contacting BTC-e in your behalf and to show that it is you who is the owner of that old  email address and provide some proofs? Maybe this could help.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:39:15 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear this kind of mess your in. But have you tried to contact your email provider that if they can try contacting BTC-e in your behalf and to show that it is you who is the owner of that old  email address and provide some proofs? Maybe this could help.

I think he has a better chance of recovering old email then fighting with BTC-e.  If you read many people talk about them being slow or hard to deal with on issues (some do post great comments).   But I would use lesson to others to not keep lots in BTC-e.

If you cannot get old email, then I think Dogies suggestion of lawyer is good idea.  With it being international it might be a little pricey (i'm assuming you are not in russia OP).  But with so much at stake it's worth a chunk to try to get it back.
Electric Money

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:52:06 AM

Definitely keep an eye on that address to see if your coins mysteriously move!  At present you've given indications the coins cannot be recovered by you to them and an insider just may help himself to them.
jusyoung (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

Definitely keep an eye on that address to see if your coins mysteriously move!  At present you've given indications the coins cannot be recovered by you to them and an insider just may help himself to them.

Not sure if they've been moved, but they have blocked the account because according to their rules they do it so after a period of 2 inactive years.
Virtual Exchange

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:46:14 AM

If they don't give you your money back go find a lawyer to take your case. You could easily sue (assuming your story is all valid) and get your money back, lawyers fees, and punitive/compensatory damages as well. It's definitely worth looking into.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:04:22 PM

try this member
he is one of owners
user: btc-e.com
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=33012

if you don't get any joy, this site would have logs of his ip, email etc
although they don't give it out normally, they will if law enforcement are involved

plus if you are american then you have an ace card as I doubt they will want their cover blown

look, bottomline they are not on the dark web, they founf silkroad anyway
btc-e owners will not be hard to find for police if it comes to that
from what you said, it is your property.
lawyers are very expensive, then you have to find one that actually knows anything about this area
this will be hard

I hope they can help you out before it comes to this, lets hope they havent spent it already!

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Electric Money

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:32:40 PM

Still not clear on why you can't simply recover the email account first.  Would be much easier.  Unless you never had it to begin with.  This question has been asked several times already with no precise answer.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: