Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:30:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what about a bitcoin style cyberlocker ?  (Read 1814 times)
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 07:02:02 PM

- what about a cyberlocker that use file encryption on a similar way http://blockchain.info/ keep wallets 
- maybe premium features available in bitcoins
- and payed hosting also in bitcoins

safe harbor will be guaranteed, privacy for customers and a finger to RIAA

anyone want to make this happen ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 07:27:57 PM

This is already offered by me but it is strictly private service. I will support if You can bring this to the masses!

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 07:30:56 PM

Link it with I2P and/or tor/tor2web.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 07:41:22 PM

Tor2web might be a honeypot. Anyway people who might need this kind of service already know how to do this. Pedophiles already all have adapted to use Freenet.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 08:24:03 PM

if you use a tor hidden service, your already doing it wrong, I would never trust my files on a tor hidden service, there needs to be some accountability. Also i really don't know how your going to ever let get people to leave dropbox, it is light years better than any cyber locker can be, use it all the time to share images and files, all non-copyrighted stuff. Also it be a matter of time before your servers are all copyrighted stuff and your getting shutdown so yea. 

Well it depends what that is supposed to be. If this is supposed something like rapidshare, etc. then essentially from the case of DMCA complaints there is no difference to somebody uploading rar files protected by a password.
The content management cartels and their lawyers are not stupid. If it says somewhere on a message-board said file contains content xy and the web-spider detects said keyword there will be an incoming DMCA complain regardless.

Only if there will be no way to direct a takedown notice somewhere the system will actually be innovative.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:25:05 PM

you dont need tor if the file get encrypted and only the uploader get the key why you need tor ? the uploader needs to give away the key so any downloader can decrypt the key and see whats the file

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 08:28:25 PM

you dont need tor if the file get encrypted and only the uploader get the key why you need tor ? the uploader needs to give away the key so any downloader can decrypt the key and see whats the file

And how is this different from uploading a password protected rar file?
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:30:17 PM

DMCA are applicable only to zionist USA and puppet states.

Tor hidden service have no accountability, that's why the DMCA and national security letters are ridiculed on front page.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 08:34:02 PM

Tor hidden service have no accountability, that's why the DMCA and national security letters are ridiculed on front page.

Yes, what makes me think is that there aren't any popular filehosting sites taking advantage of the legislation in Russia.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:40:03 PM

Yes, what makes me think is that there aren't any popular filehosting sites taking advantage of the legislation in Russia.

There are some.
rghost, letitbit, and at least 5 or 6 more that I can't remember the name, but they aren't used much on the Western Internet.
Hotfile is the product of a Russian, but it is/was registered in Panama.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 08:45:27 PM

There are some.
rghost, letitbit, and at least 5 or 6 more that I can't remember the name, but they aren't used much on the Western Internet.

Well as for rghost they have a "abuse" link which directs to an email address.
With letitbit there is a specific mention of DMCA with the usual complementary form.

It seems at least letitbit is engaging in voluntary corporation with content management firms.  What's the deal? I must admit I've seen letitbit links, some of them went down too.
See here: http://letitbit.net/ip_policy.php
letitbit.net (including but not limited to websites under such as letitbit.net) is an internet service provider as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), 17 U.S.C. section 512 ("DMCA") and as such, letitbit.net complies with all provisions of the DMCA and copyright law including Intellectual Property Rights. letitbit.net responds promptly to claims of copyright infringement reported to its designated copyright agent. letitbit.net shall accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures (as defined by the DMCA) used to identify and protect copyrighted works and shall disable access to or remove content that it believes in good faith may infringe the copyrights of third parties as well as discontinue service to users who repeatedly make such content available or otherwise violate letitbit.net's Terms of Service.

letitbit.net has a zero tolerance approach towards copyright infringement, as such, we ask that you do not abuse the letitbit.net service by using it to distribute materials to which you do not have legal rights or authorization.

Should you have good faith belief that your copyright has been uploaded without your permission or authorization we suggest you send letitbit.net's registered agent a DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:50:45 PM

in basic every filehost already has this:

you upload a file with RAR-password and there you go.
only who knows the password, can open the file.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

There are some.

With letitbit there is a specific mention of DMCA with the usual complementary form.

It seems at least letitbit is engaging in voluntary corporation with content management firms.  What's the deal? I must admit I've seen letitbit links, some of them went down too.
letitbit.net (including but not limited to websites under such as letitbit.net) is an internet service provider as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), 17 U.S.C. section 512 ("DMCA") and as such, letitbit.net complies with all provisions of the DMCA and copyright law including Intellectual Property Rights. letitbit.net responds promptly to claims of copyright infringement reported to its designated copyright agent. letitbit.net shall accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures (as defined by the DMCA) used to identify and protect copyrighted works and shall disable access to or remove content that it believes in good faith may infringe the copyrights of third parties as well as discontinue service to users who repeatedly make such content available or otherwise violate letitbit.net's Terms of Service.

letitbit.net has a zero tolerance approach towards copyright infringement, as such, we ask that you do not abuse the letitbit.net service by using it to distribute materials to which you do not have legal rights or authorization.

Should you have good faith belief that your copyright has been uploaded without your permission or authorization we suggest you send letitbit.net's registered agent a DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement.

Well, letitbit wants to make money and in this type of business that's only possible by having US costumers, so they must bend backwards and let them do what they want.
As for rghost, I really doubt sending an email to them will serve any purpose. I've never seen one of their links down, and they're a filehoster made for "the scene", IMO.
What teels me that, you may ask... They look inside rar/zip files and read the nfo's, if there are any and post the info on the download pages lol
Example: http://rghost.net/users/dj-tgb/releases/bobsinclar-djsforfunacousticsession-promocd-2009-som

Altho I see now they're going the torrent way. Haven't downloaded a file from there in a long time. Things change.
Interesting page of theirs: http://rghost.net/releases LMAO
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 09:12:25 PM

Well, since you speak of the scene... It still is utterly unaffected and left alone by any legislation. But then the regular Internet user is unaware of it, and that most downloaded stuff usually is originally released there.

It could be that because the scene is actually a sportsmanship rather than a consumption network they don't care... Still that's one public drama I'd not want to miss.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:39:08 PM

because most users use the same password on all rar and one can easily check all files uploaded by said user

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 09:49:23 PM

because most users use the same password on all rar and one can easily check all files uploaded by said user

And the goal would be to prohibit the usage of the same pass-phrase for different files? Because otherwise it would turn out to be exactly the same thing from an user standpoint.
The other thing is: As long as the information about the file is accessible there will be a DMCA complaint if applicable. And if it is not public there won't be a complaint...

You don't see where I am getting at?
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 10:02:08 PM

And the goal would be to prohibit the usage of the same pass-phrase for different files?
yes u can use some user input and add a randomize like position of point on screen + server uptime in milliseconds + milliseconds from last uploaded file + average size for the last 5 files

Paul Troon

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:54:26 PM

I would not rely on any sort of "safe harbor" to protect your cyberlocker.  Look what happened to Mega.

Why not just piggy back on existing RIAA/MPAA compliant cyberlockers, but use bitcoin as an untouchable payment provider for anyone willing to facilitate the basic file sharing feature people want and that existing cyberlockers can not legally provide.

Here's an example of how it might work:

1) run a Tor hidden service or Freenet node that lists the top ten DVD rips of the week available for download
2) click on the rip you want and enter a cyberlocker upload URL (eg. http://bayfiles.com/api)
3) get back a price to transfer the selected file to that cyberlocker URL, and the bitcoin address to pay

If the provider of the transfer service is careful about uploading to the cyberlocker URL via a VPN then there is no one for the RIAA to go after, even if the cyberlocker hands over their log files.  Given sufficient competition among transfer providers, the transfer cost will ultimately be very close to the actual cost of transferring the file - certainly less then 0.25 USD per gigabyte of data.

This scheme only needs to be based on Tor or Freenet to maintain a fixed address; there are certainly other ways to do it using standard web hosting services; you just have to be willing to reestablish at a new location after the RIAA takedown letter arrives.

Am I missing something here?

Bitrated user: paultroon.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 07:57:09 PM

I would not rely on any sort of "safe harbor" to protect your cyberlocker.  Look what happened to Mega.

Mega didn't use "safe harbor" cause in the safe harbor law, you have to remove the copyrighted material when confronted, mega didn't do that part, so they forfeited there safe harbor.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 02:37:29 PM

There are some.

It seems at least letitbit is engaging in voluntary corporation with content management firms.  What's the deal? I must admit I've seen letitbit links, some of them went down too.

Real bp hosts will ignore abuse reports.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: