Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:55:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yankee goes on Adam Kokesh to discuss Bitcoin.  (Read 3325 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:36:13 AM

Bad camera angles distract from the quality of the interview.

Next time you should position your camera in such a way that when you're looking at the interviewer you're also looking at the camera.

Yes, also an equal level of camera and you is desirable, otherwise you would look down on the viewer (if camera is positioned too low) or awkwardly up to him/her.

All of that's fine if you're organising the recording of something yourself.  When you're invited to appear on someone else's turf, you don't usually get to call the shots regarding camera angles, lighting or anything else unless you're a mega-star.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:31:55 AM

Since we're being critical, next time wear a tie with the Bitcoin logo on it.  Grin

HAHAHAHA! I love this joke!  Grin
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 07:01:12 AM

Gratz Shrem, very nice interview Cheesy   Really appreciated, good audience !   Keep up the good work Cheesy
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 07:06:57 AM

Who was he referring to that renounced his U.S. citizenship for Guatemala?  Story?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 07:14:03 AM

Who was he referring to that renounced his U.S. citizenship for Guatemala?  Story?

it sounded like MNW to me...

n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 11:21:32 PM

I liked the interview.  Some statements about halfway through wrt. commitment to Bitcoin ideals showed large balls.  My opinion of Charlie as an enterprerneur (and Bitinstant as a service) has always been very positive, but after seeing this I now also have a positive opinion of him as as Bitcoin ideologist and advocate.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 03:48:21 AM

Does every link have to be routed through reddit?

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 06:22:05 AM

Exposure is great for bitcoin.  : Grin
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:02:34 AM

Great job Charlie! It's great to see Adam enthusiastic as well. I sent over a few coins to his show just for that.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 08:04:49 AM

All of that's fine if you're organising the recording of something yourself.  When you're invited to appear on someone else's turf, you don't usually get to call the shots regarding camera angles, lighting or anything else unless you're a mega-star.
It looked like the interview was talking place via Skype, so it was definately Yankee's camera that was recording him.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 11:25:06 AM

In my opinion, you didn't seem to have a strong grasp of how bitcoin works technically, and it made me almost uneasy to think you are on the board of TBF. I'm sure you know how it works better than I do, but this interview did not expose that fact.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 11:38:03 AM

In my opinion, you didn't seem to have a strong grasp of how bitcoin works technically, and it made me almost uneasy to think you are on the board of TBF. I'm sure you know how it works better than I do, but this interview did not expose that fact.

In my opinion he does, and his comments were sometime way over his audience could understand, you could see it on their faces.

You made any interview lately LightRider?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 01:52:24 PM

My job is to bring the complexities of Bitcoin down to the consumer level, to increase adoption and show utility in the currency and payment system.

Depending on my audience, I usually focus the conversation around economics, finance, technical integration, cryptography and other areas.

Some areas, my knowledge and understanding is better then others and I take every opportunity to learn more and deepen my understanding.

Being on the board allows me to speak, interact and learn from some of the brightest minds in the world and I look forward to more opportunities.

If you have a specific area of expertise that you think I am lacking, I would love to have some coffee or chat over the phone with you  Smiley

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 08:14:11 PM

Oh how I wish bitcoin was only 131 lines of code...

It was a good interview but indeed some of the information was wrong.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 11:28:05 PM

Next time you should position your camera in such a way that when you're looking at the interviewer you're also looking at the camera.

Whats funny is I didn't know I was being videoed until halfway thru. I almost picked my nose!

I thought you were blind!  I didn't watch the whole interview, but way to go in spreading the word.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: