Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:02:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL offers 1000 BTC back up on power claims  (Read 10259 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:07:59 AM

Can't wait to see the outcome in 2+ weeks....maybe Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:11:52 AM

St. Judes is good.

Another two I could suggest are the American Red Cross and The Water Project

ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:42:21 AM

Regarding power/noise, I hear from the following article that you're decreasing the speed of the chips to make it "quiet."  I'm not sure why you would do that as most of your customers are going to be putting this in a server room, closet, basement or other area where they currently have motherboards with video cards hanging out of them that sound like jet engines and generate more heat than a jet engine.

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/butterfly-labs-releases-more-asic-photos/

Are you planning on releasing a firmware that spins the fan at 85% speed and runs the chips at the maximum speed that's safe to keep the temps under control?  I really hope so - not sure why I'd want to pay good money to make sure my mining operation is "quiet enough."  Follow-up question: if said firmware was released, what would the power usage and GH/s do?

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 12:55:32 AM

(I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to)

Food for the Hungry: http://fh.org/

Everyone needs to eat. $10k+ goes a long way.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 01:24:41 AM

I fail to see how either Tom Cablepair or Inaba can really believe that all this school playground behaviour is any good for either of their organizations.

Has anyone noticed how reputable businesses could easily play this ridiculous game of PR one-up-man-ship, and yet by and large don't do it? Because it makes them look bad? Even when they do engage in this sort of thing, they at least have the sense to dress it up in a bogus intellectual property lawsuit.

You two appear like a pair of WWE wrestlers in a pre-match taunting session (to me, anyway)

Vires in numeris
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 01:49:29 AM

I fail to see how either Tom Cablepair or Inaba can really believe that all this school playground behaviour is any good for either of their organizations.

Has anyone noticed how reputable businesses could easily play this ridiculous game of PR one-up-man-ship, and yet by and large don't do it? Because it makes them look bad? Even when they do engage in this sort of thing, they at least have the sense to dress it up in a bogus intellectual property lawsuit.

You two appear like a pair of WWE wrestlers in a pre-match taunting session (to me, anyway)
+1
This whole thing is fucking retarded.
Inaba trolled the bASIC thread, Tom challenged him over BFL's power figures, Inaba turned the bet down because Tom wouldn't publish his own power figures at this point, now it's descended into this shitstorm.
It's totally rediculous, both companies should just focus on getting their (already delayed in the case of BFL) products to market.
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 02:04:01 AM

Sh*t just got real!  Shocked
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 02:55:56 AM

St. Judes is good.

I went to Ethiopia last year, and we worked with A Child's Right, which is now called Splash. They focus on water filtration, as it's a very cost effective to install and maintain clean drinking water.

We also worked with The Selamta Family Project, one of the most successful orphanage family-home systems in Ethiopia. They do some awesome work there.

I'm actually not able to go back this year, but my sister has an opportunity to go there, and she'll be meeting with all the great people I met.

My brother is also heavily involved with Not For Sale, a highly effective anti-slavery and anti-sex trafficking organization.

There's all kinds of good stuff going on in with those 3 organizations. Seriously, check them out.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:16:09 AM

St. Judes is good.

I went to Ethiopia last year, and we worked with A Child's Right, which is now called Splash. They focus on water filtration, as it's a very cost effective to install and maintain clean drinking water.

We also worked with The Selamta Family Project, one of the most successful orphanage family-home systems in Ethiopia. They do some awesome work there.

I'm actually not able to go back this year, but my sister has an opportunity to go there, and she'll be meeting with all the great people I met.

My brother is also heavily involved with Not For Sale, a highly effective anti-slavery and anti-sex trafficking organization.

There's all kinds of good stuff going on in with those 3 organizations. Seriously, check them out.

Those are very nice charities,with noble intentions....but how about giving some money to our US kids that are also deserving.Maybe Big Brothers/Sisters or something.Or some education fund to help parentless kids.

Not trying to sound like a jerk either,but I couldn't think of another way to word it,sorry  Embarrassed

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 03:29:48 AM

BFL offers 1000 BTC back up on power claims
Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Now, I ask if Tom is willing to step up and back the winning side.  He is 100% confident that we will not meet our power claims (which is the genesis of the failed bet), and as such I ask that he pony up 1000 BTC to the same charity if we do make our power claims. 

So there it is:  Tom is confident that we won't make our power claims, I am confident that we will.  I am willing to put up 1000 BTC to show my confidence in BFL products.  Is Tom confident enough to do the same or is he just blowing hot air?

is a confusing topic
you said bfl was trying not to post on this forum or something - to see their own forum...

is it BFL or Inaba?
If the former wouldn't the BFL_Josh user be more appropriate? If the latter: why the misleading topic subject?

Please clarify for those of us losing the distinction between the Inaba and BFL_Josh accounts.
thanks

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:39:46 AM

St. Judes is good.

Those are very nice charities,with noble intentions....but how about giving some money to our US kids that are also deserving.Maybe Big Brothers/Sisters or something.Or some education fund to help parentless kids.

Not trying to sound like a jerk either,but I couldn't think of another way to word it,sorry  Embarrassed

I totally get what you're saying. I also work with Jr and Sr high students in my local town, and there are some great kids in there. I just don't know much about the Big Brother/Sister organization to make a judgement. However, there are also plenty of organization that deal with sex trafficking here in the US (yes, it does happen here). It's basically forced prostitution. Check out Not For Sale, International Justice Mission, and the Polaris Project. Even Obama made a speech just last month about efforts by the US to put a stop to this.

Sorry if I'm coming on lil strong, but this is something that's very important to me, my family, my friends, and my church. We throw a shit-ton of money and support toward whoever we think can do the best job.

squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:44:22 AM

BFL offers 1000 BTC back up on power claims
Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Now, I ask if Tom is willing to step up and back the winning side.  He is 100% confident that we will not meet our power claims (which is the genesis of the failed bet), and as such I ask that he pony up 1000 BTC to the same charity if we do make our power claims. 

So there it is:  Tom is confident that we won't make our power claims, I am confident that we will.  I am willing to put up 1000 BTC to show my confidence in BFL products.  Is Tom confident enough to do the same or is he just blowing hot air?

is a confusing topic
you said bfl was trying not to post on this forum or something - to see their own forum...

is it BFL or Inaba?
If the former wouldn't the BFL_Josh user be more appropriate? If the latter: why the misleading topic subject?

Please clarify for those of us losing the distinction between the Inaba and BFL_Josh accounts.
thanks

I didn't know there was a distinction...
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 03:52:35 AM

I have a feeling another scammer tag is gonna be handed out soon =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:14:04 AM

Though I see your point, it is sad that when people pay sharks so much money, people (like you?) think that suddenly makes something respectable.

I certainly have no respect for such sharks so I cannot see how them doing something can add any respect at all to it ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:17:05 AM

St. Judes is good.

Not trying to sound like a jerk either,but I couldn't think of another way to word it,sorry  Embarrassed

I totally get what you're saying. I also work with Jr and Sr high students in my local town, and there are some great kids in there. I just don't know much about the Big Brother/Sister organization to make a judgement. However, there are also plenty of organization that deal with sex trafficking here in the US (yes, it does happen here). It's basically forced prostitution. Check out Not For Sale, International Justice Mission, and the Polaris Project. Even Obama made a speech just last month about efforts by the US to put a stop to this.

Sorry if I'm coming on lil strong, but this is something that's very important to me, my family, my friends, and my church. We throw a shit-ton of money and support toward whoever we think can do the best job.

It's cool  Cool

Never worked with BB either,just tossed it out there,so to speak.I did do community service for ARC (Association for Retarded Citizens).They are really amazing,working full time jobs & trying to just get along like normal folks  Cool

Maybe split the donation between some local orphanages (in Kansas or anywhere here in the states) so the kids can have a decent christmas.Or is there an charity that runs orphanages on a small scale ??

Just thinkin out loud  Wink

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:21:36 AM

I have to say, this is terrible.

Not only did Inaba turn a hit at Tom on power figures, now he is turning around and making it seem like it was his bet to Tom. (instead of the otherwa around)...It was the other way around.

To top it off....hes now opened a thread and is now making it seem as if Charities will "win out" of this skirmish of words and bitcoin bets....people are all riled up over which charity is more deserving....

You guys are being played with like toys....

I don't know about you, but I am personally offended at this tactic. I understand Psychological games...but this game is one gone way too far. I'd ask for Mod intervention but I don't know if they would even bother with this mess.
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:42:05 AM

In fact I would like to nominate my home town, which I had to leave after we had some severe earthquakes that destroyed the city.

http://christchurchappealtrust.org.nz/
This charity was set up by the New Zealand Prime Minister.

Much of the CBD buildings lost there frontages. My home was fine, my parents lost theirs and had to live with me for 3 months. FEEL MY PAIN! Wink

There is a US-NZ tax free way to donate through the US.
http://www.americanfriendsofchristchurch.org/ways-to-give.html

PurposeDonation amount
AFOC: Hardship & Relief
Reference: 010
$100.00 USD

I specified that it was donated on behalf of scary-eyed batman, so if they don't thank you, punch them in the nuts.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:44:47 AM

St. Judes is good.

Not trying to sound like a jerk either,but I couldn't think of another way to word it,sorry  Embarrassed

It's cool  Cool

Never worked with BB either,just tossed it out there,so to speak.I did do community service for ARC (Association for Retarded Citizens).They are really amazing,working full time jobs & trying to just get along like normal folks  Cool

Maybe split the donation between some local orphanages (in Kansas or anywhere here in the states) so the kids can have a decent christmas.Or is there an charity that runs orphanages on a small scale ??

Just thinkin out loud  Wink
IIRC, most western countries have moved away from a traditional "orphanage" and have adopted something similar to our Foster Care system.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:53:35 AM

In fact I would like to nominate my home town, which I had to leave after we had some severe earthquakes that destroyed the city.

http://christchurchappealtrust.org.nz/
This charity was set up by the New Zealand Prime Minister.

Much of the CBD buildings lost there frontages. My home was fine, my parents lost theirs and had to live with me for 3 months. FEEL MY PAIN! Wink

There is a US-NZ tax free way to donate through the US.
http://www.americanfriendsofchristchurch.org/ways-to-give.html

PurposeDonation amount
AFOC: Hardship & Relief
Reference: 010
$100.00 USD

I specified that it was donated on behalf of scary-eyed batman, so if they don't thank you, punch them in the nuts.
+10

Now that is the REAL spirit of charity.
aqrulesms

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:04:31 AM

I have to say, this is terrible.

Not only did Inaba turn a hit at Tom on power figures, now he is turning around and making it seem like it was his bet to Tom. (instead of the otherwa around)...It was the other way around.

To top it off....hes now opened a thread and is now making it seem as if Charities will "win out" of this skirmish of words and bitcoin bets....people are all riled up over which charity is more deserving....

You guys are being played with like toys....

I don't know about you, but I am personally offended at this tactic. I understand Psychological games...but this game is one gone way too far. I'd ask for Mod intervention but I don't know if they would even bother with this mess.

All the more to stay away from BFL. 

+1

██ ██    ██ ██    ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██    ██ ██ ██      ██    ██ ██ ██
   ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄
   ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██    ██  
▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
     ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██