Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 09:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MZC economic development ideas  (Read 2027 times)
Alao (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:57:26 PM

Given the current state of MZC I'm looking for ways to use the MZC that I have accumulated to help jump start native economies.  I'm thinking we can use MZC to fund projects on reservations.  I'm just looking for more ways to make the coin useful.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:17:13 AM

create a program
keep us posted

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:43:55 AM

I've previously private messaged with Alao and will participate in any project that passes muster.

For me that means it must:

1) Specifically help build a sustainable economy, independent of the dollar, among Natives. Sustainable means that the new economy will be expected to draw in Mazacoin rather than simply transfer back to the dollar economy.

2) Have no strings attached. No contracts. No paper. If a group of people on a reservation or majority Native area get coins to start a project then they can adapt / change the project or do whatever else they want with the coins, regardless what was agreed to when they got the coins. The only benefit any speculator should get is from an increase in value longterm of Mazacoin.

3) Must not conflict with any developmental plan the main Mazacoin devs have. Payu and others have been working very grassroots and have some coins that they plan to use once an economy develops. Outsider projects like this should be run by them at least for opinions.

---

I have more than 4 million Mazacoin and would give half of them to any potential Native business man or woman who had a project that looks outstanding.

---

Possible adaptation of ideas mentioned on other threads that might be useful here:

1) Someone with a business on a reservation, who has a low income clientele, could contract with a company like http://www.crowdflower.com/ as for example https://coinworker.com/help to offer online jobs that pay in Mazacoin. In order to "close" the economy locally, i.e., make it sustainable,  they could "pay" partially in the form of discounts for Mazacoin purchases.
Example.
A person has a grocery store on a reservation.

They contract with Crowdflower to create online tasks and arrange to pay the workers in Mazacoin. A person goes to the site of the Native business and does whatever available work suits them and they are paid in Mazacoin.

To "close" the economy locally the grocer or cooperative pays only 90% of the wages directly, and the balance as a discount in local purchases. So the people in the area who work on the Mazacoin tasks would get paid 90% of what they might normally get paid, this directly in Mazacoin, and the balance as a local discount at the grocer for Mazacoin purchases.

Normally the total discount would work out to the 10% that the grocer withheld. If 10,000,000mzc worth of tasks were completed locally in a week then the payments would be 9,000,000mzc plus 1,000,000mzc in grocery discounts among all the people in that economy.

But... because the tasks would be online anyone could do them. If, during that week, people in other areas completed the same amount of work then they would receive the Mazacoin but not the local grocery discount. So there would be 2,000,000mzc available for grocery discounts made with Mazacoin.  Local people would receive 90% in Mazacoin and a >10% discount.

If the grocer in this economy sells corn for $10 a bag, he or she would calculate the exchange rate, minus the discount, and sell it locally at that Maza price, i.e., $9 or whatever in Mazacoin.

The only wild card is fluctuations in the exchange rate. There will always be expenses that have to be paid in other currencies, e.g. the services of Crowdflower and grocery items in the example above. My understanding from watching Mazacoin videos is that the main devs are waiting to address that problem once something sustainable is started.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:36:44 AM

outside observer suggests

Native Economy = Maza
for any Native region/reservation any where on Earth

but it requires on the ground projects that can be document and presented to the public

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:46:01 AM

Given the current state of MZC I'm looking for ways to use the MZC that I have accumulated to help jump start native economies.  I'm thinking we can use MZC to fund projects on reservations.  I'm just looking for more ways to make the coin useful.

Your first step would probably be to transfer Mazacoin to either Bitshares or NXT blockchain as a user issued asset so you don't have to worry about PoW mining security.  Either that or have it merged mined with another coin for security like BTC or LTC...

The purpose of user issued assets on PoS blockchains (Bitshares & NXT) is so people can do things like run a small town currency with them, so that might be the best option.  Typically region specific currency will only be useful in that region and not useful to the outside world.  You're not going to be buying televisions from Japan with them.  It's only useful for what that region creates and trades amongst itself unless you develop an exportable trade surplus.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
no-ice-please

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:18:58 AM

outside observer suggests

Native Economy = Maza
for any Native region/reservation any where on Earth

but it requires on the ground projects that can be document and presented to the public

The guy who made Mazacoin is American Native. Like any currency it can be used by anybody. But American Natives have a pretty extreme history of getting the short economic stick and I'm pretty sure his intention was not to exclude anyone but probably he wanted to help set up a distinct Native American economy.

"On the ground projects" is 100% right but ideas are needed. How to do it.

no-ice-please

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:27:47 AM

...  Typically region specific currency will only be useful in that region and not useful to the outside world.  You're not going to be buying televisions from Japan with them.  It's only useful for what that region creates and trades amongst itself unless you develop an exportable trade surplus.

Any currency is what it is.

If you print a bunch of banknotes and use them for a game of monopoly then they are monopoly money.

"Region specific currencies" are like commodity derivatives, they have whatever use and value the broader public accepts them as having. It is almost certainly a big mistake to underestimate the potential of a Native American economy viz the rest of the world. Just as a person should not overestimate the usdollar economy at this point.
I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:38:42 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 06:07:18 AM by I am the guy

To my knowledge only federally recognized tribes receive funding from the federal government. It's obvious that the money (dollars) isn't helping those populations (corruption?). The way I see it, Native American reservations are micro-nations which claim to be sovereign nation states. I know for the Navajo Nation, if they (Navajo Gov) do not comply with the feds rules, they (federal gov) suspends funding. I'm not sure if it's the same for other Native Nations. It would seem that like Native American Nations (specifically Navajo Nation) are subjected to the federal gov's will and are controlled with an economic leash. Until that leash is severed or somehow the funding is linked to MZC, then I can't see crypto being used on Native Nations. Those populations need to know there is value behind the coin and is backed by Mathematics and isn't controlled by humans (whom are corruptible).

I think Native American Nations (micro-nations) are a good test bed for blockchain based governance imo (Bitnation/Etherum etc). Either way, I think it's a good idea for Native American living in poverty, to use something other than federal government's dollar. I think the deeper problem is that Native Americans Nations are not (at least technically) sovereign nation-states. More like a quasi-sovereign under strict supervision from the US Government.  

no-ice-please

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:45:01 PM

To my knowledge only federally recognized tribes receive funding from the federal government. It's obvious that the money (dollars) isn't helping those populations (corruption?). The way I see it, Native American reservations are micro-nations which claim to be sovereign nation states. I know for the Navajo Nation, if they (Navajo Gov) do not comply with the feds rules, they (federal gov) suspends funding. I'm not sure if it's the same for other Native Nations. It would seem that like Native American Nations (specifically Navajo Nation) are subjected to the federal gov's will and are controlled with an economic leash. Until that leash is severed or somehow the funding is linked to MZC, then I can't see crypto being used on Native Nations. Those populations need to know there is value behind the coin and is backed by Mathematics and isn't controlled by humans (whom are corruptible).

I think Native American Nations (micro-nations) are a good test bed for blockchain based governance imo (Bitnation/Etherum etc). Either way, I think it's a good idea for Native American living in poverty, to use something other than federal government's dollar. I think the deeper problem is that Native Americans Nations are not (at least technically) sovereign nation-states. More like a quasi-sovereign under strict supervision from the US Government.  

The goal is to help American Natives ignore the U.S. government without consequences, not have some better relationship with it.

Today American Natives are unified by their powerlessness. No matter where you go in the United States Natives are going to be slightly excluded from the power structure. The goal of the United States has always been to force Natives to convert to European culture or die. A lot have tried to convert, to survive, but on the whole they are still not assimilated. They are also unified by their lack of a proper economy and as far as I know by their lack of visible leadership amongst themselves.

Hundreds of years ago they were like 'micronations', but today more unified.

The question of 'governance' should not be tied to economic factors like currencies etc.

Economic issues are one thing, cryptos are a potential stepping stone to some more traditional economy. Governance another.

The connection between economics and governance is what has allowed the Natives in so many places to be so thoroughly fucked for so long.

If a person has commodities (food etc) or derivatives (currencies etc), it should not mean they are now in a position to be fucked by whoever controls the currency.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:38:51 PM

The goal of the United States has always been to force Natives to convert to European culture or die.

No, that's the self hating, liberal, villify white people as the source of all evil view.  In reality, multiculturalism does not exist.  When you put together a bunch of different groups in a nation, the minority groups either assimilate with the ethnocentric majority, or you end with civil war and those groups splitting from each other.  It doesn't matter if the ethnocentric majority is European, Asian, or anything else.  That's how sociology works.  There is no white people conspiracy.

The most rational viewpoint ever presented on Indians vs Europeans by a Commanche Indian himself:

http://www.vdare.com/articles/david-yeagley-on-the-fear-of-a-white-planet

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:30:10 AM

The goal of the United States has always been to force Natives to convert to European culture or die.

No, that's the self hating, liberal, villify white people as the source of all evil view.  In reality, multiculturalism does not exist.  When you put together a bunch of different groups in a nation, the minority groups either assimilate with the ethnocentric majority, or you end with civil war and those groups splitting from each other.  It doesn't matter if the ethnocentric majority is European, Asian, or anything else.  That's how sociology works.  There is no white people conspiracy.

The most rational viewpoint ever presented on Indians vs Europeans by a Commanche Indian himself:

http://www.vdare.com/articles/david-yeagley-on-the-fear-of-a-white-planet

I'm not disagreeing that every group does that.

If American Natives 400 years ago had taken over Europe then the tables would be turned 180 degrees.

But we are talking here specifically about the United States vs American Natives.
Alao (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 05:03:27 PM

Given the current state of MZC I'm looking for ways to use the MZC that I have accumulated to help jump start native economies.  I'm thinking we can use MZC to fund projects on reservations.  I'm just looking for more ways to make the coin useful.

Your first step would probably be to transfer Mazacoin to either Bitshares or NXT blockchain as a user issued asset so you don't have to worry about PoW mining security.  Either that or have it merged mined with another coin for security like BTC or LTC...

The purpose of user issued assets on PoS blockchains (Bitshares & NXT) is so people can do things like run a small town currency with them, so that might be the best option.  Typically region specific currency will only be useful in that region and not useful to the outside world.  You're not going to be buying televisions from Japan with them.  It's only useful for what that region creates and trades amongst itself unless you develop an exportable trade surplus.

I've never heard of this.  So transfering it to BitShares or NXT would create a new asset backed by Mazza.  I have been accumulating at lot of it.  I'm just looking for ways to implement it's original idea to help native peoples.

§1 = 1MWh
bigdoge

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:36:52 PM

I have tried to get this idea off the ground but didn't find any partners. But don't be discouraged cause maybe I didn't try very hard lol.

Anyways the idea is to find handcrafted stuff/art/one of a kind things. Then, create a site where there is an auction in MZC. This could help generally anyone who is holding mazacoin cause there is actually something cool to buy with it. Most importantly it would help native tradespeople find some new customers from a pool of people that kinda already showed interest in their culture (by being interested in MZC!)

When I tried to get it going a really hard part was just explaining mzc to artists lol... but I am sure some are also computer nerds and think it was a cool way to sell art!
Alao (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:22:31 PM

I have tried to get this idea off the ground but didn't find any partners. But don't be discouraged cause maybe I didn't try very hard lol.

Anyways the idea is to find handcrafted stuff/art/one of a kind things. Then, create a site where there is an auction in MZC. This could help generally anyone who is holding mazacoin cause there is actually something cool to buy with it. Most importantly it would help native tradespeople find some new customers from a pool of people that kinda already showed interest in their culture (by being interested in MZC!)

When I tried to get it going a really hard part was just explaining mzc to artists lol... but I am sure some are also computer nerds and think it was a cool way to sell art!

Maybe if we use MZC as a medium but allow the artist to decide if they want to convert to fiat right away.  Or do half and half.  You right as it is hard to get artist to understand any type of technology.

§1 = 1MWh
Kefkius

Activity: 64
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:51:00 PM

Good MZC ideas here. A lot of us MZC devs (e.g. coders, artists, anyone that likes the project) are in different time zones, but we can usually manage to keep track of conversations in our IRC channel. The best place for collaboration is probably there or the subreddit, but it can be difficult to stay on top of the Altcoin Discussion forum so this may not be your best bet.

Developer of FreeBitcoins.com Clamcoin faucet.
no-ice-please

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:17:31 PM

My opinion...

1) Create a high quality auction or sale site: easy.

2) Find artists / tradespeople who will make use of the site even before it gets any publicity: a little difficult
Where do you find them?

3) Popularize the site: extremely difficult
New auction or sale sites are a dime a dozen. Almost none of them last a year.
Effectively marketing art sites is very difficult.

----

Some examples of Native art sites

http://www.rivertradingpost.com/

http://www.artnatam.com/

https://www.nativeartsofamerica.com/

http://www.nativeart.net/

All of these sites rank very low on any measure of traffic. Some have some pretty severe technical flaws.

Maybe a more practical idea would be for somebody to make one high quality site then contact all of the Native art sites they can find and arrange a partnership. e.g. "We will post all of your art for sale on our site using our shopping cart system and will pay the artists with Mazacoin".
Mathgamain

Activity: 577

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:39:49 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2015, 12:46:03 AM by Mathgamain

Hi u all brave Maza warriors

I have allready strated building web shops for native artist

- Tomi

ps. we just need a mastermind plan how to implement MZC to the shops

pps. I really like how it's active in this thread nowadays

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
bigdoge

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:21:07 PM

My opinion...

1) Create a high quality auction or sale site: easy.

2) Find artists / tradespeople who will make use of the site even before it gets any publicity: a little difficult
Where do you find them?

3) Popularize the site: extremely difficult
New auction or sale sites are a dime a dozen. Almost none of them last a year.
Effectively marketing art sites is very difficult.

----

Some examples of Native art sites

All of these sites rank very low on any measure of traffic. Some have some pretty severe technical flaws.

Maybe a more practical idea would be for somebody to make one high quality site then contact all of the Native art sites they can find and arrange a partnership. e.g. "We will post all of your art for sale on our site using our shopping cart system and will pay the artists with Mazacoin".

excellent post! I think it really shows me where I went wrong trying to implement this idea. It would probably be much easier to find partners that are art dealers, rather than individual artists. The downside is it may be tricky to convince them not to convert it all to fait since they are probably already running an operation based on that.

For point 3, I think that MZC really does alot of the promoting in itself. Basically all mzc holders have answered a product survey with "yes I am interested in native cultural items." Really just with the activity in these forums we would have a good group of qualified prospects. The next step would be growing it from an active "club" to a business with constant new customers. I think we might be able to leverage some success just having something at all going, and get talked about on crypto news sites. (just one example of how to make it grow)

Another idea I had from an above post was about digital assets. If we are selling unique pieces of art we could add a cool touch by creating a blockchain based ownership token and give it to the buyer. This is as simple as saying 1 particular MZC=ownership rights of this artwork.
bigdoge

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:50:12 PM

Hi u all brave Maza warriors

I have allready strated building web shops for natives - here is one example -

https://holvi.com/shop/TraditionalHandcraft

The products are made by Canadian native couple and they have promised to help us promote MZC as a counter favor

- Tomi

ps. we just need a mastermind plan how to implement MZC to the shop

pps. I really like how it's active in this thread nowadays

If I am not mistaken there are some altcoin payment processors that do deal in MZC. https://www.coinpayments.net/ is an example I found really fast. These things are generally geared towards online stores, so it should be easy to integrate.

ps. Cool shop and cool ppl for wanting to work with MZC. Maybe they want to do an auction of something specifically for MZC bidders only. I really think that art could be the foundation of a mazacoin economey. As crazy as it sounds lol, I think buying groceries with mzc will follow Smiley
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:43:28 AM

Native art sites

I have allready strated building web shops for natives - here is one example -
https://holvi.com/shop/TraditionalHandcraft
The products are made by Canadian native couple and they have promised to help us promote MZC as a counter favor
- Tomi
ps. we just need a mastermind plan how to implement MZC to the shop
@Tomi
yes important
how to implement MZC to the shop

but I think you're moving in the right direction

also why not MAZA fund a revamp of one of those Native art sites to implement MZC (for both donation and purchase)

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄