Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox launches the definitive bitcoin checkout solution.  (Read 9319 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4441

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 10:29:28 PM

i think MTGox missed the crucial selling point in their video which turned people off of it..

using an instant access media store as the bases of the demonstration is not a good selling point as it then emphasises bitcoins woes (the confirms)

either risk processing orders with no confirms or change the video to represent a clothing/gadgets delivery website, or something that would atleast hide away the requirement for customers to sit and wait for confirms just to get what they want. but allow them to get on with their lives and just receive an email that says the order has been confirmed later that day. knowing the product should now be on its 3 day journey through a warehouse, postal service and to their door.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 02:55:34 AM

The video doesn't convince me at all. Ok, the french accent (WTF is a mongos account??) is fixed but the checkout page with the "pay with mtGox or with bitcoin" is over-complicating things. MtGox should rather honor all kind of green addresses with 0-conf and treat Mongos' payments as "green" no matter what sending address was used.

Is it a competitor for BitPay? I don't think so as the merchant will not get rid of the Bitcoin related hassle. BitPay promises the merchant does not need to know a thing about Bitcoin in order to use their service. Offering the same most likely is more a marketing/political decision than a technical issue for Mongos though.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
marnie

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 03:00:40 AM

Well this is just stupid now, I guess I'm going to switch to bitpay.
I did another test order, about seven hours ago. After about six hours, and like 15 confirmations, the amount was sent back to me.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 03:12:36 AM

Well this is just stupid now, I guess I'm going to switch to bitpay.
I did another test order, about seven hours ago. After about six hours, and like 15 confirmations, the amount was sent back to me.

let us know how bitpay works out for you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: