Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:41:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GARY JOHNSON RECEIVES >$1 MILLION FOR 2012 CAMPAIGN - ~2BTC donated here  (Read 2876 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:47:51 PM

Gary has received $933,010.07 raised from 11075 donors as of 12:47PM pacific 10-24-12

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:08:41 PM

Majority of Libertarian would vote Romney if Gary Johnson didn't run.
HELLLLL no.

The choice the two parties offer is an illusion.  They are two sides to the same coin.  They really have things worked out well.  All the anger and frustration that would be correctly directed toward the system is directed to one head, then the other head becomes popular because it appears to fight the other.

By the way, kokojie, I'm probably going to vote for Johnson on principle, but if I was forced to vote for a major party member, it would probably be Obama.  So, there's that.
+1

(sent 0.25 BTC, my identifying info is in my profile)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:31:21 PM

Majority of Libertarian would vote Romney if Gary Johnson didn't run.

I wouldn't.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:48:53 PM

Received two bitcoin donations so far, listed on OP

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 08:50:18 PM

I wouldn't, but then again, in CA your vote for anyone other than the Democrat isn't counted. Op, op, op, op... Stalin Style.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:51:19 PM

I wouldn't, but then again, in CA your vote for anyone other than the Democrat isn't counted. Op, op, op, op... Stalin Style.

many states use first past the post then give all the damn electoral votes to the winner

grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 03:20:16 AM

When I do those political-compass surveys I'm roughly where Rocky Anderson is, maybe a fraction lower and to the left. But of US presidential wannabes I've found Ron Paul and Gary Johnson the most appealing/least unappealing.

Political compass questions are awful. I don't think they accurately represent the spectra.

Don't use BIPS!
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 05:41:03 AM

970K now

by election day, Gary Johnson will have a million dollars in donations
(almost 100,000 bitcoins)

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 01:00:32 PM

Yeah, GJ is Obama. *facepalm*

Romney is Obama. Their policies are almost identical and both are bought out by Goldman Sachs.

GJ is such a neocon who wants to cut military expenditure by 43% and legalize weed. Right. (I know, in practice, if any President with libertarian leanings were elected, there's a fair chance he would be either impeached or assassinated within the first two years of office, or Congress full of crookèd Reps and Dems wouldn't rubber stamp the President's plans.)

No, that's not true, I know Romney's position very well on the issues I care about, and many of them differ greatly from Obama. I doubt Romney can be easily "bought" since he's pretty rich already.

Romney has been bought already along with the majority of the members of the two parties.  Obama has plenty of money and once someone is president money becomes less of a concern since they have retirement and security covered for life.  Speaking roles and advisory positions will bring any president substantial dollars on demand.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 02:22:27 AM

I'm really hoping the best for Gary J here, bought a shirt and have been telling everyone about him to vote for him since Romney's gonna win in Indiana anyways. 5%!
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 07:14:31 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2012, 09:50:36 AM by pyra-proxy

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for a tri-party system, here is an explanation why:
http://www.postlibertarian.com/2012/09/the-five-percent-threshold/

so before you waste your vote by voting for the "lesser of 2 evils" or by not making your primary party have to earn your vote please reconsider how much good even a known loosing vote can do for the U.S.  At 5% any party becomes formally declared as a minor party and gets access to the same government funding as a major party gets (proportionally) and can't be shut out of being listed on ballots.  If by some hope a third party reaches a 15% popular vote they have to also be included in all major presidential debates etc. and upon reaching 25% they get full fledged major party status and access to all the benefits of a major party.

Don't waste your vote, vote for a triparty system if nothing else in hopes that politicians are forced to once again start earning your votes again.

Five percent of the vote is definitely within reach for Gary Johnson this year. His name isn’t included in polls all the time, but when it is, he’s hit 7% in New Mexico, 7% in Montana, 5% in Colorado, and 3% in Nevada, to name a few. Nationally he has hit 4% of registered voters (though only 3% of “likely voters”). Another national poll has Johnson at 6% already. They say third-party support tends to dwindle with the increasing gravity of the major parties as we get closer to Election Day, and I would not go so far as to say that it’s likely that Johnson will get 5% of the final vote.

But it’s definitely possible. Johnson is on the ballot in at least 47 states, and he’s arguably the strongest candidate the Libertarian Party has had in years, if not ever. He has demonstrated the ability to win a statewide race twice while racking up solid executive experience as a successful governor. As the Obama administration lies about Libya and the Romney campaign continues to flail, more jaded Americans may be willing to throw support to Johnson. And as many of the above polls indicate, he seems to pull equally from both major candidates, debunking the narratives that he spoils the race for one or the other.

This means that a vote for Gary Johnson is not a wasted vote as many claim. In fact, depending on your state, your single vote may do more to close the gap between Johnson and 5% than it will to close the gap between the “two evils.” If Johnson does cross the five percent threshold, your single vote literally increases the amount of funding available to the Libertarian Party to spread their message in the next cycle. This would actually make a vote for Johnson the least wasted vote possible.

Edit:  And here is a little more fuel to fire descention from the 2 party system...  So please members of the U.S. if your vote for one or the other major parties is merely cast due to red or blue colored lenses, or worse yet because it is due to some misbelief that voting for the lesser of 2 evils is somehow not still voting for evil take note and spread the word that a loosing vote could be a long term win not just for the U.S. but for the world as often seen in political trends often started in the U.S. political machine, this is a good thing for liberty and bitcoin/cryptocurrency as a whole, since limited government and free economies will provide the ideal ecosystem for bitcoin/cryptocurrency growth and acceptance globally.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/will-defecting-from-the-g_b_1866221.html

The liberty movement is united in its belief that America's two-party system, rather than a single party alone has brought America to crisis. Its members understand that those issues of agreement between the parties are much more important than are any issues on which they traditionally disagree.

There are myriad examples. Both parties support a monetary system that systematically moves wealth away from productive earners to a financial elite that operate under special government license; both parties favor cronies with well-paid lobbyists; both support a militaristic foreign policy that leads to loss of innocent life in countries from which we are not threatened; both parties have worked hard to eliminate the first, fourth, fifth and tenth amendments of your Bill of Rights through, for example, the Patriot Act, the National Defense Authorization Act and FinCEN (look it up), to name just a few.

The duopoly has for decades ensured that when the partisan Elephants and Donkeys agree on an issue, the people have no way of democratically acting on their own interests at the ballot box. This used to be the case because it was impossible for any third party to receive enough votes to influence the outcome of an election or even the flavor of politics that would follow it.

420 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 02:02:21 PM

Romney is Obama. Their policies are almost identical and both are bought out by Goldman Sachs.

GJ is such a neocon who wants to cut military expenditure by 43% and legalize weed. Right. (I know, in practice, if any President with libertarian leanings were elected, there's a fair chance he would be either impeached or assassinated within the first two years of office, or Congress full of crookèd Reps and Dems wouldn't rubber stamp the President's plans.)

No, that's not true, I know Romney's position very well on the issues I care about, and many of them differ greatly from Obama. I doubt Romney can be easily "bought" since he's pretty rich already.

Romney has been bought already along with the majority of the members of the two parties.  Obama has plenty of money and once someone is president money becomes less of a concern since they have retirement and security covered for life.  Speaking roles and advisory positions will bring any president substantial dollars on demand.

The president's pension is enough for them to buy a brand new toyota corolla every month for the rest of their life

fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2012, 02:49:01 PM

Rocky Anderson was THE MAN in the third party debate. I'll be voting for Gary Johnson to support him getting 5% of the popular vote (though I just don't see it happening), and 420 I will send you a btc donation in support later today.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 11:25:18 PM

Rocky Anderson was THE MAN in the third party debate. I'll be voting for Gary Johnson to support him getting 5% of the popular vote (though I just don't see it happening), and 420 I will send you a btc donation in support later today.

thank you

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 11:34:41 PM

The president's pension is enough for them to buy a brand new toyota corolla every month for the rest of their life

And that doesn't count taxpayer funded bodyguards for every member of his family till he dies.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:37:45 AM

Fucking ridiculous. Special class. Aristocracy. What would our founders thing?

pyra-proxy

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:47:26 AM

And that doesn't count taxpayer funded bodyguards for every member of his family till he dies.

This is as much for the protection of the U.S. (and likely its allies) as it is for the protection of these people.  You have no idea what information these people may have been exposed to while their husband/father/whatever was in office and its pretty common knowledge that the president directly would be exposed to lots of information.  So the protection is more protection of that information (note the till he dies part) more than the people themselves.  I would be frankly surprised if any government that has meaningful heads of state don't all do the same but I don't know ALL world government policies so this is just an assumption.

420 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:54:14 AM

This is as much for the protection of the U.S. (and likely its allies) as it is for the protection of these people.  You have no idea what information these people may have been exposed to while their husband/father/whatever was in office and its pretty common knowledge that the president directly would be exposed to lots of information.  So the protection is more protection of that information (note the till he dies part) more than the people themselves.  I would be frankly surprised if any government that has meaningful heads of state don't all do the same but I don't know ALL world government policies so this is just an assumption.

that is not a free society

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 08:26:39 AM

Kinda sounds like if the Secret Service is outgunned, and down to its last man on the detail (the rest are killed or incapacitated), he becomes the executioner of the protectee.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:33:44 AM

Kinda sounds like if the Secret Service is outgunned, and down to its last man on the detail (the rest are killed or incapacitated), he becomes the executioner of the protectee.

we could only hope

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: