Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:29:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs responsibility  (Read 2575 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:56:09 PM

IMHO it is part of BFLs "responsibility" (and in their) best interest to make sure Bitcoins become widely adopted.

If you phrase it like this I agree with you.
Agreed.  There is no "responsibility" here.  BFL can do what they want.  But, as they have said in the past and continue to stand by, they believe that ensuring the success of Bitcoin is a priority, and they aren't going to do anything to harm it.  Certainly, if the price went up 100 fold, then they could sell 100x as many miners, so I bet they wouldn't mind increasing adoption one bit, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have things in the works along those lines.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 02:26:58 AM

There is nothing that makes it their responsibility. It is probably in their best interest, just like any other business based on bitcoin. But it isn't their responsibility to make sure that your decision to buy mining equipment was a good one.

I agree - not their responsibility, but in their best interests. In the networks best interests as well.

Rather than lobbying, I suggest BFL branch out in their design - work with some developers to make a POS device that they can sell cheaply to B&M businesses to accept bitcoins. Heck if they put a jally in each one, they could *give* them away for free and get returns on the mining that the pos machine would do forever.

They've already got the hardware design skills, why not use them to further the adoption.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: