Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if it became reversible like paypal?  (Read 5277 times)
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:29:23 AM

Would you still use and believe in bitcoin if it became reversible, say if satoshi himself managed the disputes like paypal does?
Will you quit?

I'm getting tired of the statements that it can't be done, its a hypothetical situation and I'm asking for your reaction , please bother to read the posts before you post

I don't think the person who created the framework for Paypal personally settles disputes. Wink

However, if BTC became reversible it would die.. Fast

I would lose interest entirely.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 03:39:57 AM

well i for one woke up this morning thinking to myself; "you know what the world really needs, another paypal"  Roll Eyes
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:17:00 AM

Would you still use and believe in bitcoin if it became reversible, say if satoshi himself managed the disputes like paypal does?
Will you quit?

I'm getting tired of the statements that it can't be done, its a hypothetical situation and I'm asking for your reaction , please bother to read the posts before you post

No idea where this is headed.  Please expain because your hypothetical situation is just too stupid to give a comment to.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Shadowblade

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:23:25 AM

if this happens it will be much harder for us to transact and there will be
scams everywhere
mexxer-2 (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:45:06 AM

Will you quit?

No idea where this is headed.  Please expain because your hypothetical situation is just too stupid to give a comment to.
Definition of a hypothetical situation:
assumed or thought to exist
. And if it is dumb for you , you are free not to post your opinion.
n3o111

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:01:35 AM

Will you quit?

As most of others said it's impossible. Satoshi manages disputes? I laughed at that part. Reversible payments are one of the most important specifications in Bitcoin. You get money from other side of the world, you don't want to get disputed. Plus nobody can deny or reverse these payments, Bitcoin is not a corporation.
mexxer-2 (OP)

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:15:13 AM

Will you quit?

As most of others said it's impossible. Satoshi manages disputes? I laughed at that part. Reversible payments are one of the most important specifications in Bitcoin. You get money from other side of the world, you don't want to get disputed. Plus nobody can deny or reverse these payments, Bitcoin is not a corporation.
Christ is it that hard for people to imagine? I've repeated this more than 10 times already I guess, just imagine if it does become reversible what will you do then?
n3o111

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:27:17 AM

Will you quit?

Christ is it that hard for people to imagine? I've repeated this more than 10 times already I guess, just imagine if it does become reversible what will you do then?

That's not up to imagination. That's making the working system not to work anymore. That's absurd question like, "imagine you can go Mars with school bus." What will you do? You'll die when you're still in the atmosphere.
Bitcoin is not a corporation. Who handle all these disputes? "Satoshi himself"? That's not funny anymore.
Who put laws and rules? That means it become a centralized system. Of course nobody here will use it.
mexxer-2 (OP)

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:35:14 AM

That's not up to imagination.
yes it is anything can be imaginable.
That's absurd question like, "imagine you can go Mars with school bus." What will you do? You'll die when you're still in the atmosphere.
However absurd it may sound, if people are willing and a company takes up the initiative+ blockchain is intregrated or entirely replaced by a company it may be possible.
it is not reversible like paypal BUT you can put a system on top of bitcoin which is reversible like paypal. the beauty of bitcoin  Wink
It's not totally impossible, if this happens off-chain through a service like Xapo. If Xapo have enough proof that the coins send from one Xapo user to another, was fraudulent or

a crime, they might intervene and reverse the transaction, before it gets to the Blockchain. Then again, if for some miraculous reason, someone submit a BIP with this feature,

Bitcoin is not a corporation. Who handle all these disputes? "Satoshi himself"? That's not funny anymore.
Whats not funny in that anyway, 
Seems people are taking my comment way too seriously, when I said "Satoshi" I meant a company
I think thats enough for your useless blabber I'm not asking for your opinion if you don't want to give but dont go off-topic I am just asking what you will do.
EthanB

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:18:04 PM

well i for one woke up this morning thinking to myself; "you know what the world really needs, another paypal"  Roll Eyes

I might be really tired, but I found ^ extremely funny.

Will you quit?

I thought we were all just playing along.  Huh

Will you quit?

Definition of a hypothetical situation:
assumed or thought to exist
. And if it is dumb for you , you are free not to post your opinion.

His opinion has already been posted,"too stupid", he proclaimed.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:22:19 PM

Will you quit?

Yes, I'd quit.  In such a scenario, I'd fully expect an altcoin to eventually take Bitcoin's place and I'd start using an assortment of the most likely candidates.
mexxer-2 (OP)

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:23:58 PM

----snip----

Opinion on the question not about the question, even a definitive answer like I quit will do if he wants. If any opinion on a question was to be done on bitcointalk, we could be looking at pretty off-topic things like "Oh when I was looking at my posts, a butterfly came and sat on my hand" on a question about "Is forum's My posts viewable for you?".
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:24:52 PM

If this will ever happen let's suppose sometimes I would immediately quit the use of Bitcoin.Just like other this is the basic feature which made the Bitcoin successful and kept in on the track although the real success and to go mainstream fully is still far.
EthanB

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:27:36 PM

----snip----

Opinion on the question not about the question, even a definitive answer like I quit will do if he wants. If any opinion on a question was to be done on bitcointalk, we could be looking at pretty off-topic things like "Oh when I was looking at my posts, a butterfly came and sat on my hand" on a question about "Is forum's My posts viewable for you?".

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that those are the same things. He's scrutinizing the question because the hypothetical doesn't make sense; Nothing said was off-topic.
mexxer-2 (OP)

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:31:08 PM

----snip----

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that those are the same things. He's scrutinizing the question because the hypothetical doesn't make sense; Nothing said was off-topic.
Very well then I have posted my argument for his opinion and as I see he hasn't made a comeback with another one I guess I am right then.
Anyway, I have repeated in the OP that I do not want the "thats impossible" type of statements.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:34:14 PM

I would absolutely not be using Bitcoin if they could reverse transactions.  Paypal is already bad enough with all the scammers out there and they do absolutely no protection for the seller.  It simply isn't worth it if you are able to reverse the transaction.  Bitcoin would be dead in a few months if that ever happened.
EthanB

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:35:29 PM

----snip----

Very well then I have posted my argument for his opinion and as I see he hasn't made a comeback with another one I guess I am right then.
Anyway, I have repeated in the OP that I do not want the "thats impossible" type of statements.

A ) Having the last word does not make you correct.
B ) Stupid and impossible are two completely different things. Paypal is stupid, Reversible-Bitcoin Transactions are stupid (In-Theory) not impossible (obviously).
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:02:33 PM

Just a suggestion you enable voting next time when all your interested in is:
A) continue using Bitcoin
B) quitting Bitcoin

and any other reaction make you bit anger. BTW you even did not told who will have right to reverse transactions, as there are many options for this

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
mexxer-2 (OP)

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:05:52 PM

Just a suggestion you enable voting next time when all your interested in is:
A) continue using Bitcoin
B) quitting Bitcoin

and any other reaction make you bit anger. BTW you even did not told who will have right to reverse transactions, as there are many options for this
Satoshi- a company, manages the disputes. Nah not having a poll is better for me.
paradoxals

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:08:08 PM

I'd rather not use Bitcoin then. There would inevitably be another currency that wouldn't be reversible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: