Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie - Made Stupid Mistake - Please Help!  (Read 1707 times)
dranem (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:06:10 PM

Ok, this is my first time with bitcoins and I admit that I just jumped into it before researching it.  I can see my coins under a certain address in blockchain but I cannot get them in my wallet!  I know, I know.  The only thing I can think is that when I generated the slip to bring to the bank for payment, I somehow copied and pasted a wrong destination address.  I can see the transaction with my coins, but I can't get them!  Does somebody have a simple solution because I've wasted too many hours on this!

Thank you for taking time to help me with this!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:12:04 PM

Is your bitcoin client still saying (out of sync) everywhere?
If it is saying it you need to wait for the blockchain to finish downloading and then you'll see your coins.
dranem (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:16:45 PM

Bitcoin client is still saying out of sync but I'm pretty sure blockchain is done downloading.  That's what I don't get.  I can find the transaction, see my bitcoins sitting there, but they're not in my wallet.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:18:30 PM

Bitcoin client is still saying out of sync but I'm pretty sure blockchain is done downloading.  That's what I don't get.  I can find the transaction, see my bitcoins sitting there, but they're not in my wallet.

Nope. If it's saying out of sync then the client is sure the blockchain isn't fully downloaded, or do you think you know about it better than the client and the network? lol
It may have happened that it hanged. But if it did your only way out is to delete the blockchain files and start over.
How many connections to the network does it have? How many blocks did it download?
Just hover your mouse pointer above the icons on the bottom right corner and it will tell you what I just asked.
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:33:11 PM

Nope. If it's saying out of sync then the client is sure the blockchain isn't fully downloaded, or do you think you know about it better than the client and the network? lol
It may have happened that it hanged. But if it did your only way out is to delete the blockchain files and start over.
How many connections to the network does it have? How many blocks did it download?
Just hover your mouse pointer above the icons on the bottom right corner and it will tell you what I just asked.
pretty much this. how many blocks has the client gotten? if it's less than 204,354 as of this post, then it's not done yet. delete the blockchain and let it try again, or download the chain manually.
riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:43:03 PM

Or export the private key and use another client that doesn't need to download the blockchain.. like brainwallet.org or something.
If it's better than re-downloading the blockchain depends on how easily you learn stuff.

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: