Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:27:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 137460 times)
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 01:25:22 PM

so close to the 100k

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:12:53 PM

also today we reached the order 20 000 order processed   Kiss

20000    EXECUTED @ 47.65(100.0)    100.0

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 07:33:29 PM

Congratulations on exceeding 100K USD margin loans. I just began participating as a lender on the BTC side, so you have my strongest support.

Could you remark on the safeguards on bitcoin lenders in particular with regard to short positions closed to insufficient margin. In a strongly rising market, short positions suffer losses beyond their margin - right? I understand that Bitfinex absorbs these sorts of losses so that the BTC lender does not risk a loss. Great! But Bitfinex obviously needs a reserve, a certain amount of bitcoin, set aside to cover these losses. What might that reserve be?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:14:07 PM

Well, I guess bitfinex has a safety margin (say 10% of an order) - so unless there is a jump higher that this margin in one point of time (possible, but at current depth not too likely) closed positions won't end up at 0 but at safety_margin-epsilon.

Also now for the first time my 20 BTC have been lent out at once and a LOT of BTC lending offers were taken - seems like somone thinks the ceiling is reached.

Edit: BTC VIR still shifted from ~14% to 9% within a few hours. Either somebody dumped a big load of coins for really low percentages on the market and they were immediately gobbled up or something funny is going on there...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 08:20:20 PM

@SlipperySlope i cant give you the numbers only Raphael can ....

also we had a plan to suspend opening new positions if the price move above 5 USD so in case of a crack and snap "johnny come lately" don't open a position at the very top or very bottom also on the other hand the extreme IR asked by landers did remove the incentive for the late joining on a rally/dump

SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:37:42 PM

@Sukrim

Those BTC offers were mine - I have been performing price discovery in order to find the ranges that will keep me fully invested.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

so close to the 100k

Ben Bernanke would be SHOCKED to see this Wink.

btw: I started using bitfinex. Once I got to know most of the stuff I feel quite comfortable.

However I'm of the opinion the lending page needs work. Here is a shot for reference:

I managed to accidentally lend $250 for a yearly interest of 2%. Why? The form is extremely confusing. Specifically I have the following issues using the thing:

• After doing anything (post new offer, switch auto-lend on/off, the lending interest rate text-field re-fills with the value "2"... why? It should stay where it is or be empty (resulting in error when submitting)
  • When hitting deactivate auto-lend, nothing seems to happen (at least the button doesn't changed to "activate autolend" and doesn't turn green. A reload of the page reveals that auto-lending has been switched off (button green and switched ot "activate autolend".
  • There are 2 text-fields for interest rates (one for lending and one for borrowing), but only one for the amount. why? either make two separate forms for borrowing/lending or use only one field for the interest rate, too (that's how I managed to lend for 2%: I entered 250% into the borrowing rate input box, assuming it would also (like the amount entry field) be used for lending). I didn't even notice the lending rate input field (to the RIGHT of the button, the workflow in this form goes zig-zag-paddy-whack)
  • more stuff, but this was the most important

thanks for a great platform... I hope your code and security is better than your gui design Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:01:45 AM

how long does approval of mtgoxUSD code take? Is it a manual approval process?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:35:17 AM

My guess is that they redeem the code at MtGox and then credit your account (at least that's how I'd do it) - probably it's not very easy at the moment to interact with MtGox at all.

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:06:05 AM

Hello Molecular,

We have daily withdrawal limit of 10 000 USD. This wasn't a problem until today. I made an informative thread here where you can track the status of your deposit and the remaining withdrawal queue to clear: https://community.bitfinex.com/showthread.php/163-Mtgox-Code-Withdrawal-queue?p=543#post543

The current queue will not take more than 3 days to be processed (week-end included)

I'm currently in touch with Mtgox to increase this limit. More on that later.

Best regards,
Raphael
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 10:11:28 AM

so close to the 100k

Ben Bernanke would be SHOCKED to see this Wink.

btw: I started using bitfinex. Once I got to know most of the stuff I feel quite comfortable.

However I'm of the opinion the lending page needs work. Here is a shot for reference:

I managed to accidentally lend $250 for a yearly interest of 2%. Why? The form is extremely confusing. Specifically I have the following issues using the thing:

• After doing anything (post new offer, switch auto-lend on/off, the lending interest rate text-field re-fills with the value "2"... why? It should stay where it is or be empty (resulting in error when submitting)
  • When hitting deactivate auto-lend, nothing seems to happen (at least the button doesn't changed to "activate autolend" and doesn't turn green. A reload of the page reveals that auto-lending has been switched off (button green and switched ot "activate autolend".
  • There are 2 text-fields for interest rates (one for lending and one for borrowing), but only one for the amount. why? either make two separate forms for borrowing/lending or use only one field for the interest rate, too (that's how I managed to lend for 2%: I entered 250% into the borrowing rate input box, assuming it would also (like the amount entry field) be used for lending). I didn't even notice the lending rate input field (to the RIGHT of the button, the workflow in this form goes zig-zag-paddy-whack)
  • more stuff, but this was the most important

thanks for a great platform... I hope your code and security is better than your gui design Wink

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it Smiley

We'll take it into account for further update.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:11:54 PM

Hello Molecular,

We have daily withdrawal limit of 10 000 USD. This wasn't a problem until today. I made an informative thread here where you can track the status of your deposit and the remaining withdrawal queue to clear: https://community.bitfinex.com/showthread.php/163-Mtgox-Code-Withdrawal-queue?p=543#post543

The current queue will not take more than 3 days to be processed (week-end included)

Best regards,
Raphael

ok, good to know the reason. No problem really. I'll just use your exchange instead of gox Wink

thanks for considering my suggestions regarding the lending form.

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:33:01 PM

Hello Molecular,

Best regards,
Raphael

ok, good to know the reason. No problem really. I'll just use your exchange instead of gox Wink

thanks for considering my suggestions regarding the lending form.

Well actually the queue has been reduced a lot and your withdrawal will be processed tomorrow if you still want it.

Cheers
Raphael
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:37:37 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2013, 02:31:36 PM by Sukrim

Well, after 8 days of lending (I added another 35 BTC to the mix) I can only say that I'm less than thrilled about the amount one actually gets out of it...

After one day of nearly constantly lending out nearly all funds (resulting in a day payment of 0.0182 BTC or ~12.08% APR on 55 BTC) I earned still just as much (0.01813450 BTC) as with 25 shares of https://bitfunder.com/asset/JAH, which are currently worth less than 10 BTC. Had I bought mining shares instead of lending (and keep in mind that lending means 0 interest if nobody takes my offer - yesterday was the first day that my offers were mostly lent out, on the other days so far I earned only a tenth of that amount per day), I'd have earned at least 5 times as much, consistently (JAH has ~70% APR at current difficulty + prices). The downside of course is that it might be problematic to sell shares in such an illiquid market as Bitfunder and also that shares probably loose value as time progresses and dividends are paid.

Also the average loan rate of BTC is now down to 3.5% - WTF?!

Edit:
Also the use of round() for balances is not very nice, for example:
Balance according to history: ฿55.0252
฿55.02 currently lent out
Lendable balance: ฿0.01
Trying to make a ฿0.01 loan offer fails because of insufficient funds.
Trying to partially fill a ~฿178 loan demand fails.

Also why do I only get interest in bulk at the end of the day (at ~1 AM GMT+1) and not after a position has been processed?

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 05:56:00 PM

Well, after 8 days of lending (I added another 35 BTC to the mix) I can only say that I'm less than thrilled about the amount one actually gets out of it...

After one day of nearly constantly lending out nearly all funds (resulting in a day payment of 0.0182 BTC or ~12.08% APR on 55 BTC) I earned still just as much (0.01813450 BTC) as with 25 shares of https://bitfunder.com/asset/JAH, which are currently worth less than 10 BTC. Had I bought mining shares instead of lending (and keep in mind that lending means 0 interest if nobody takes my offer - yesterday was the first day that my offers were mostly lent out, on the other days so far I earned only a tenth of that amount per day), I'd have earned at least 5 times as much, consistently (JAH has ~70% APR at current difficulty + prices). The downside of course is that it might be problematic to sell shares in such an illiquid market as Bitfunder and also that shares probably loose value as time progresses and dividends are paid.

Also the average loan rate of BTC is now down to 3.5% - WTF?!

Lending USD has always been the way to make a decent amount of interest. I had $3000 in Bitfinex and was pulling in $125 a month, which is fantastic. I put some money into Bitcoin and some into USD for interest as a hedge against the Bitcoin price. (Remember the paid interest can be used to buy Bitcoin too)

But if your putting Bitcoin up for loans, its only worth it if you have nothing else to do with those Bitcoins and they would otherwise be sitting in a wallet.

Edit:
Also the use of round() for balances is not very nice, for example:
Balance according to history: ฿55.0252
฿55.02 currently lent out
Lendable balance: ฿0.01
Trying to make a ฿0.01 loan offer fails because of insufficient funds.
Trying to partially fill a ~฿178 loan demand fails.

The rounding and decimal displaying is a issue that I hope gets fixed, I find it annoying too.

Also why do I only get interest in bulk at the end of the day (at ~1 AM GMT+1) and not after a position has been processed?

The interest is paid once per day. see https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/faq#q16
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:20:03 PM

What's the best way of moving some EUR on a SEPA account to you guys into USD, ideally without an MtGox account in the course of next week? Sell SEPA-EUR for MtGox codes (as long as they still exist...) somewhere here? Trade on Bitstamp to BTC, transfer BTC and trade back to USD on Bitfinex (depending on delays there's quite some exchange rate risk + more fees)? Do a private one time deal with you guys (France = SEPA, Hong Kong isn't... or for example letting me redeem some BitStamp codes for USD)?

I know you want to incorporate soon, but probably not tomorrow...

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:52:22 PM

What's the best way of moving some EUR on a SEPA account to you guys into USD, ideally without an MtGox account in the course of next week? Sell SEPA-EUR for MtGox codes (as long as they still exist...) somewhere here? Trade on Bitstamp to BTC, transfer BTC and trade back to USD on Bitfinex (depending on delays there's quite some exchange rate risk + more fees)? Do a private one time deal with you guys (France = SEPA, Hong Kong isn't... or for example letting me redeem some BitStamp codes for USD)?

I know you want to incorporate soon, but probably not tomorrow...

Hello Sukrim,

You should soon have news about the incorporation, we're currently searching for a good bank to manage our deposits. More on that later.

Meanwhile, I think the best way for you will be to send me a SEPA wire on my bank account as a private deal.

If you give me the details by PM or at admin@bitfinex.com we can arrange that.

Thanks
Raphael
myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 01:30:17 AM

Emergency chain fork dont deposit coins 12/03/2013

https://community.bitfinex.com/showthread.php/176-Emergency-chain-fork-dont-deposit-coins-12-03-2013

Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:06:12 AM

...and just for the record: Bitfinex platform did behave well during the hot phase. When the Mt.Gox feed stopped, there was an alert and just now only orders against Bitfinex internal orderbook can be processed. Looks like the Bitfinex folks have learned the lession from some days ago and had implemented the discussed safeguards quickly.
myself
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:16:51 AM

...and just for the record: Bitfinex platform did behave well during the hot phase. When the Mt.Gox feed stopped, there was an alert and just now only orders against Bitfinex internal orderbook can be processed. Looks like the Bitfinex folks have learned the lession from some days ago and had implemented the discussed safeguards quickly.
I looks like this

thx for posting I totally forgot about this

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: