Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:03:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 137460 times)
MrJMassey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

Hello...

Is there priority on rationale on whose money gets used first inside the VIR bucket??

J.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:18:49 PM

Yikes, every one of my loans back besides on tiny VIR

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:21:21 PM

Good for lenders: VIR goes up if the market goes up
Good for borrowers: VIR goes down if the market goes down

If you don't like VIR rates, you always have the option of placing an offer on the open lending market that might get filled.
I for example could try to get some 100% loans filled instead of the 85% or so that VIR currently offers. On the other hand if there's a sharp upward spike soon, the person borrowing from me will be quite happy, as he/she will have great returns that he/she won't have to share with me. This is why I (even at the currently quite crappy VIR) rather loan out at VIR until the market really seems calm enough to risk a lower (but above VIR) longer term loan.

As it seems that I have quite a few very short [added: short term] positions taken, I'd still like to have verified that interest is credited atomically by the hour (meaning 0-60 minutes loan = 1 hour interest, 61-120 minutes 2 hours interest etc.) and it is possible for me to gain 5 times the interest in an hour by having the same money borrowed for 12 minutes back-to-back.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
MrJMassey

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:18:37 PM

I have an idea and just in case it hasn't been mentioned before, I wanted to state it:

In the same way that the margin traders can see the amount they have to pay for the borrowing consistently increase as time passes, I would really enjoy something similar on the lending side.

That's it and thanks for all you're doing...

J.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:17:52 PM

US dollar VIR down to 62%.

I think it will go lower (could take 0-3 weeks), before lenders withdrawing money causes it to go back up.  There are slight barriers to exit.  You need to do an international wire or convert money to BTC and then back to US.  And people are going to hope that the 100%+ interest rates return -- but I don't think they will as volatility is going to drop (unless an increase in the leverage ratio allows people to effectively increase their own sensitivity to price movements?).

It is also possible that we'll reach a more rational stable market - in which case the BTC and US dollar rates should be roughly equal.  BTC rate is up - now at 20% VIR.  Both rates might stabilize in the 20-60% range - in which case they wouldn't be that different from Bitcoinica which had a 20% APR on US dollars (though it was artificially capped).

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:48:14 PM

While rates are lower - risk is also dramatically lower. 

Hacking risk is constant, but the risk of price collapse and an inability to connect to MtGox creating a large negative position (that is not force liquidated) is much lower.

I'm not sure what the people who are betting on BFX being broke by the end of the month are thinking.  I'd bet against them if I could do it in dollars.

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
Arthur Randolph

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:15:46 AM

Hi all,
I created a Greasemonkey script to fix a number of issues and add a few nice features to Bitfinex.
Head here: https://community.bitfinex.com/showthread.php/277-Bitfinex-Greasemonkey-Cloudflareflare!-Fast-order-books!-Less-typing!-Less-calcs!

As of right now it has these features:
– instant page updates: the orderbook on the exchange/trade page will load as soon as the page does (instead of 30 seconds later) and update slightly faster
– USD value order editing: want to convert all the USD in a wallet into BTC without taking the calculator? Type your price and USD amount and the BTC amount will auto calculate
– Cloudflareflare Cloudflare mitigation: exasperated by your orders getting eaten by Cloudflare and being unable to trade for ~45 seconds every time? Here comes the rescue. Orders will submit in a hidden iframe. If the Cloudflare page is detected, the BUY and SELL buttons will flash "Cloudflared!" until the Cloudflare page clears. Then just resubmit when the buttons come back to normal. BONUS: submitting an order will not reload the entire page, losing the order book for 30 seconds!
– Confirmation for orders in transit: buy/sell button is replaced by a loading animation when the order is in transit.
– Click to copy price/volume: click on orderbook prices and volumes to autotype order. Want to snag that order at the bottom of the order book? Click on the price or volume and it will auto type it on the appropriate buy or sell side of the order form. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS LOOK AT THE ORDER YOU ARE SUBMITTING.
- Deposit interest information: yearly interest rate and interest per day data in deposit view.
scalper

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:35:42 AM

I just installed bitfinex+ and everything seems to be working fine except the order book feature -- I click the price/quantity and it doesn't do anything for me.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:20:25 AM

I just installed bitfinex+ and everything seems to be working fine except the order book feature -- I click the price/quantity and it doesn't do anything for me.

what's bitfinex+?

I have come to like bitfinex. It seems to work reliably and solidly and I've made quite a bit of moneys lending.

But please, can you fix some obvious mistakes. I've pointed out the lending page is really confusing a couple weeks back, if you want I can dig it up. Those issues never got adressed.

Especially for new users trying to understand how things work those "little mistakes" can really be a problem.

For example look at the trading page:

1.) this should be "USD", right?
2.) Amount field? Can't see it. Probably "Order Size BTC"-field?

Those things can really throw off a newb and are easy to fix without danger. Please do it.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:28:16 AM

I'm trying to understand some stuff regarding margin trading (I'm a newb).

Before I bombard you with questions I read the FAQ.

What's your Margin Call Policy?

After you've logged in, you can immediately see your real-time account Net Value (total assets) and Maintenance (minimum net value). When your Net Value falls below twice the amount of Maintenance, we will issue a margin call. If you don't deposit funds before your Net Value falls below Maintenance, your positions will be liquidated automatically.

where can I see "Net Value (total assets) and Maintenance (minimum net value)"? I can't find this.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:00:31 AM

Guys

we are taking note of all your suggestions and we'll try to work on them as soon as possible.
I just ask you to be a little patient as our team is still quite small and we have been very busy recently on various implementations, among which the mayor two are :

1) Introduction of a new trading partner. After last week tragic MtGox slips (and this word is deliberately an understatement) we decided to speed up this phase that was already under development. Many of you may rightly guess who will be the logical next partner (there are actually very few good choices in the market) , but we will issue a communicate about this before the end of the week. Stay tuned for more news.

2) Introduction of insured loans. Also this has been asked by various lenders and it directly went into "turbo top priority" because we fell the most important asset Bitfinex has is our customers satisfaction.
We have been growing quite rapidly thanks to you all and we owe you some good sleep in the night and not shaky feelings whenever the market have dips ( even though I wouldn't mind some stability after all those days of rollecoaster  Smiley  )

Last but not least I wanted to address our community concerns about the losses generated to Bitfinex by MtGox malfunctioning during "Da Big Drop" last week.
As Raphael honestly said we got some serious re-quoting from MtGox that made us wish we never started trading with them, but those not serious losses.
And no, we can't tell you how much it was as our company policy doesn't allow us to do so ( company disclosure is good but only to a certain extent ), but just to give you an idea it was a low 5 digit figure and nothing that will even slightly shake the basement of our company.
We will make it back within the end of this month, no problemo.   Smiley
Bitfinex has experienced a tremendous success and growth since its inception and attracted some attention by venture capital.
We can now count on the financial help of some "deep pocketed" financial investors that first expressed interest in us and are now actively contributing in backing us up with all we need from this point of view.

Thanks again for your patience

Giancarlo
Customers Relations
The Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
MrJMassey

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:14:54 AM

Hi all,
I created a Greasemonkey script to fix a number of issues and add a few nice features to Bitfinex.
Head here: https://community.bitfinex.com/showthread.php/277-Bitfinex-Greasemonkey-Cloudflareflare!-Fast-order-books!-Less-typing!-Less-calcs!

As of right now it has these features:
– instant page updates: the orderbook on the exchange/trade page will load as soon as the page does (instead of 30 seconds later) and update slightly faster
– USD value order editing: want to convert all the USD in a wallet into BTC without taking the calculator? Type your price and USD amount and the BTC amount will auto calculate
– Cloudflareflare Cloudflare mitigation: exasperated by your orders getting eaten by Cloudflare and being unable to trade for ~45 seconds every time? Here comes the rescue. Orders will submit in a hidden iframe. If the Cloudflare page is detected, the BUY and SELL buttons will flash "Cloudflared!" until the Cloudflare page clears. Then just resubmit when the buttons come back to normal. BONUS: submitting an order will not reload the entire page, losing the order book for 30 seconds!
– Confirmation for orders in transit: buy/sell button is replaced by a loading animation when the order is in transit.
– Click to copy price/volume: click on orderbook prices and volumes to autotype order. Want to snag that order at the bottom of the order book? Click on the price or volume and it will auto type it on the appropriate buy or sell side of the order form. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS LOOK AT THE ORDER YOU ARE SUBMITTING.
- Deposit interest information: yearly interest rate and interest per day data in deposit view.

Just loaded this, and I'm not seeing anything different.  I'm primarily looking in the lending section so if you've got a screen shot of the differences that would really help a tons.  Thanks.

J.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:16:15 AM

If traders can switch their loans... can lenders re-lend loans too in the future?
E.g. I see a very cheap loan on the market, borrow the money and put it out there for a higher interest rate. I would be more than able to pay the lower interest for the loan anyways...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
MrJMassey

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:24:39 AM

If traders can switch their loans... can lenders re-lend loans too in the future?
E.g. I see a very cheap loan on the market, borrow the money and put it out there for a higher interest rate. I would be more than able to pay the lower interest for the loan anyways...

It's ironic that you mention this.  I was just thinking that it would be neat if the borrower's could request an extension on a particular loan without closing their position.  Possibly for a 1% one time fee to the lender?

J.
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 08:23:45 AM

Thanks for your suggestion Sukrim

it sounds like a good idea, we will look into that.

Giancarlo
Customers Relations
The Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:01:41 PM

Hello everyone,

We are aware that you are currently experiencing some difficulties accessing Bitfinex.com

The website as experienced a tremendous growth. We are currently working as fast as possible to upgrade the platform. We are also reorganizing our team to speed up development of new features.

However we'd like you to be patient while we implement new features. We will address all requests but currently need to prioritize them to best serve you all.

Let us know if you have any questions
Best regards
Raphael
Bitfinex team
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

Those things can really throw off a newb and are easy to fix without danger. Please do it.
the order is on BTC so the  text is also in BTC imo having the order on BTC and the text on USD will confuse some ppl

but nothing is set in stone and things can be changed  Grin

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:45:18 PM

Anybody else experience slow loading of the website? Takes 1-2 seconds to open a page, whereas this forum for instance is as fast as local websites, very low ping.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:04:31 PM

the order is on BTC so the  text is also in BTC imo having the order on BTC and the text on USD will confuse some ppl

but nothing is set in stone and things can be changed  Grin

I might be misunderstanding something. What does "Margin available: 2,468 BTC" mean?

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:02:08 PM

I might be misunderstanding something. What does "Margin available: 2,468 BTC" mean?
that at curent price there are funds  available to go long 2468 BTC

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: