Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:21:41 AM

(buyer)

(buyer)

This seems to be the problem. Maybe some sellers will show up but so far every effort I've made both privately and publicly to try to create larger block liquidity has failed for lack of sellers.

I think sellers are expecting an unreasonable price for their AEON.  Which is fine, if they believe in it long term then perhaps they should hold onto it, but it's frustrating when people offer large blocks and don't accept above market price offers for it. 

I think currently (and I probably shouldn't even say this yet because I don't own any AEON) we should expect that at a minimum Polo will eventually pick up AEON and the price will jump up, even if Smooth only makes minor improvements from here on out.  It's probably a pretty good place to park some small-time speculator assets.  On the other hand, the network doesn't need people parking money into it - it needs people playing with it and transacting with it.

Develop a way to spend aeon and you'll see use. Has anyone talked to Risto about adding it to CK? Is there a gambling site in the works? A mobile wallet? A business that accepts it? Can't really blame people for squatting on land when there isn't a way yet to till or build-on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:33:08 AM

(buyer)

(buyer)

This seems to be the problem. Maybe some sellers will show up but so far every effort I've made both privately and publicly to try to create larger block liquidity has failed for lack of sellers.

I think sellers are expecting an unreasonable price for their AEON.  Which is fine, if they believe in it long term then perhaps they should hold onto it, but it's frustrating when people offer large blocks and don't accept above market price offers for it. 

I think currently (and I probably shouldn't even say this yet because I don't own any AEON) we should expect that at a minimum Polo will eventually pick up AEON and the price will jump up, even if Smooth only makes minor improvements from here on out.  It's probably a pretty good place to park some small-time speculator assets.  On the other hand, the network doesn't need people parking money into it - it needs people playing with it and transacting with it.

Develop a way to spend aeon and you'll see use. Has anyone talked to Risto about adding it to CK? Is there a gambling site in the works? A mobile wallet? A business that accepts it? Can't really blame people for squatting on land when there isn't a way yet to till or build-on it.

It is not my decision so maybe I am out of place in saying this but I hope CK accepts Monero only for quite some time.  CK is one of the things that makes Monero unique.  I think the advantage it provides to Monero may start to be diluted (as would the support of the Monero community for the game) if other currencies start to be accepted to soon. Just my opinion and I am aware others may disagree.

I fully support Aeon, adding more merchants and everything else you said. 
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:04:32 AM

(buyer)

(buyer)

It is not my decision so maybe I am out of place in saying this but I hope CK accepts Monero only for quite some time.  CK is one of the things that makes Monero unique.  I think the advantage it provides to Monero may start to be diluted (as would the support of the Monero community for the game) if other currencies start to be accepted to soon. Just my opinion and I am aware others may disagree.

I fully support Aeon, adding more merchants and everything else you said. 

I agree with you. CK is a "Monero thing". We should find our own path.

(That is just my opinion, If CK wants to accept AEON I'm not going to actively discourage them.)
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:09:17 PM

(buyer)

(buyer)

This Aeon auction thread (which I don't want to bump any more) really annoyed me. No end date and it is unclear if the seller ever wanted to sell at all. Maybe if nothing is done liquidity will gradually build as development proceeds. I need more patience!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1201232.0
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:14:53 PM

(buyer)

(buyer)

This Aeon auction thread (which I don't want to bump any more) really annoyed me. No end date and it is unclear if the seller ever wanted to sell at all. Maybe if nothing is done liquidity will gradually build as development proceeds. I need more patience!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1201232.0

That's why I proposed a real auction with a moderator. But we need sellers too, not just buyers, to make that work.
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:01:36 PM

That's why I proposed a real auction with a moderator. But we need sellers too, not just buyers, to make that work.

What do you think about the plausible possibility that hundreds of thousands and possible millions of AEON are lost forever given the long time this coin was inactive?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:16:12 PM

What do you think about the plausible possibility that hundreds of thousands and possible millions of AEON are lost forever given the long time this coin was inactive?

I think that is somewhat plausible. It would be more plausible if I hadn't been at least a little active making sure it had a seed node and patching it (which was discussed on the thread), but even so people may have given up and deleted, lost, or just forgotten about their coins when it wasn't on any exchange.

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:23:22 AM

I think that is somewhat plausible. It would be more plausible if I hadn't been at least a little active making sure it had a seed node and patching it (which was discussed on the thread), but even so people may have given up and deleted, lost, or just forgotten about their coins when it wasn't on any exchange.

I doubt many people throw away private keys. If they thought the coins was going to be worthless they probably would have dumped it before it was delisted from the exchange. Some coins may be lost but I would be shocked if that number was over 1 million.

Come on sellers, put up some ask walls on Bittrex please.
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:09:58 AM

I doubt many people throw away private keys. If they thought the coins was going to be worthless they probably would have dumped it before it was delisted from the exchange. Some coins may be lost but I would be shocked if that number was over 1 million.

Come on sellers, put up some ask walls on Bittrex please.

like smooth said this coin went months without any developer activity and worse: no exchanges or OTC, I say chances are pretty high that up to 1,000,000 AEON are lost forever, this is bulish but we have no way to confirm, dumps will still happen and be plenty if AEON makes bull runs.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:44:14 AM

dumps will still happen and be plenty if AEON makes bull runs.

Yes I'm sure this is true. It is a bit like CLAMs (you get get free CLAMs if you had DOGE, LTC, or BTC but you have to do some extra effort to get them) where higher prices motivate effort and coins will come out from hiding as the price goes up. This is okay it will help stabilize the value while gradually removing resistance as new highs are reached.

newb4now

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 03:07:26 PM

dumps will still happen and be plenty if AEON makes bull runs.

Yes I'm sure this is true. It is a bit like CLAMs (you get get free CLAMs if you had DOGE, LTC, or BTC but you have to do some extra effort to get them) where higher prices motivate effort and coins will come out from hiding as the price goes up. This is okay it will help stabilize the value while gradually removing resistance as new highs are reached.

The dumpers should come now! I think there are multiple buyers who would like more sell walls right now. Dumpers can add liquidity to a thin market.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:26:54 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 01:19:46 AM by smooth

For sale 25K AEON (I have the coins but I'm not the one selling) Has to be above market (currently 3500 sat), but not necessarily a lot. Bid here or PM.

EDIT: sold
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:05:41 AM

That is easier said than done without knowing when the miners will sell. Often when a big is placed someone places a higher bid 1 satoshi higher. Without sitting on the exchange all day or using a trading bot of some sort buying on the exchange for a good price is difficult. Limit orders for AEON are not easy to execute.

Which is why patience has become a valued skill. Place the order, watch the bots outbid you by a smidgen, and then wait patiently for a dumper. If you're really a woman, you do have a real advantage over us guys in wrt this skill.

I took your advice and it did not work. The price is now much higher than it was when I started placing limit orders. The miner "dumpers" never came and the price kept going up...

It is frustrating but I guess from a market cap perspective the price is still extremely low. I hate market orders but this time I would have been better off than waiting on my limit buy orders to fill (never happened).

You shouldn't be afraid of hitting the bids/asks if an order tickles your fancy, it can be profitable  Wink

newb4now

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 03:36:08 AM

For sale 25K AEON (I have the coins but I'm not the one selling) Has to be above market (currently 3500 sat), but not necessarily a lot. Bid here or PM.

EDIT: sold

Hopefully there will be another sale soon.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:35:45 PM

Good news fam; woke up this morning initially to grit my teeth that Bitcoin price blew past $300 - and then found my Bitcoin buy went through.  Cheesy  Which is a great feeling considering I bought at $280 and watched it rise steadily to $306 not knowing if the buy would kick-back or not due to retarded bank policies.  

So I'd be interested in buying up to 2 or 3 bitcoins worth of AEON off the books at around market price 0.00004 BTC around the end of this week (would rather not deal with Bittrex or inflate the price artificially, but I might not have a choice).  I figure I should have a policy of holding approximately as many AEONs as I do Moneros.  

Anyway, I see a bright future for the coin come 2016.  The big 0.9 Cryptonote release will finally realize the dream of the next-gen cryptocurrency networks and then all that will be left is to lay some confidential transactions and a pretty official GUI on top of it for a 1.0 release that should be the "go to" place for all the people that will get mad they 'missed the speculation boat' on bitcoin's next rise.  As well, once we are listed on Polo a rise in price based on nothing else but that is nearly assured.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:41:35 PM

Good news fam; woke up this morning initially to grit my teeth that Bitcoin price blew past $300 - and then found Bitcoin buy went through.  Cheesy  Which is a great feeling considering I bought at $280 and watched it rise steadily to $306 not knowing if the buy would kick-back or not due to retarded bank policies. 

So I'd be interested in buying up to 2 or 3 bitcoins worth of AEON off the books at around market price 0.00004 BTC around the end of this week (would rather not deal with Bittrex or inflate the price artificially, but I might not have a choice).  I figure I should have a policy of holding approximately as many AEONs as I do Moneros. 

Anyway, I see a bright future for the coin come 2016.  The big 0.9 Cryptonote release will finally realize the dream of the next-gen cryptocurrency networks and then all that will be left is to lay some confidential transactions and a pretty official GUI on top of it for a 1.0 release that should be the "go to" place for all the people that will get mad they 'missed the speculation boat' on bitcoin's next rise.  As well, once we are listed on Polo a rise in price based on nothing else but that is nearly assured.

I have thought about diversifying with AEON too (I remain most interested in Boolberry) and prices still seem very reasonable.  Are there any guesses about how long after the .9 release before a GUI can be ported to AEON? I can deal with it if I have to but I am not a huge fan of the CLI. It is easier to convince non tech savvy friends to use something that has a GUI too.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:19:47 PM

Good news fam; woke up this morning initially to grit my teeth that Bitcoin price blew past $300 - and then found my Bitcoin buy went through.  Cheesy  Which is a great feeling considering I bought at $280 and watched it rise steadily to $306 not knowing if the buy would kick-back or not due to retarded bank policies.  

So I'd be interested in buying up to 2 or 3 bitcoins worth of AEON off the books at around market price 0.00004 BTC around the end of this week (would rather not deal with Bittrex or inflate the price artificially, but I might not have a choice).  I figure I should have a policy of holding approximately as many AEONs as I do Moneros.  

Anyway, I see a bright future for the coin come 2016.  The big 0.9 Cryptonote release will finally realize the dream of the next-gen cryptocurrency networks and then all that will be left is to lay some confidential transactions and a pretty official GUI on top of it for a 1.0 release that should be the "go to" place for all the people that will get mad they 'missed the speculation boat' on bitcoin's next rise.  As well, once we are listed on Polo a rise in price based on nothing else but that is nearly assured.

Good luck finding sellers! There's currently a bit of a shortage and everyone wants in. Smiley

Bittrex is probably still your best option.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:35:56 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 07:33:34 PM by TPTB_need_war

The logo for 'ion' would be an orbiting ion for the 'o' and a lightning bolt come from left, bottom, behind, and through the 'n' to the upper, right. The 'i' could optionally have the same treatment as for 'clickZ'.

If we don't use ion (ion.cash domain), I will offer to donate this smooth (appreciation for all his interaction and help in the past) if he wishes to use it instead of Aeon. Or to another serious coin. It is a good name especially for a technology (technophile) focused coin.

Good luck finding sellers! There's currently a bit of a shortage and everyone wants in. Smiley

Bittrex is probably still your best option.

I do want to warn you that by pumping the expectation of gains (your firm statement there are only buyers and no sellers) thus creating an implied investment contract under the law as I interpret it, I do believe you are converting this coin into an unregistered investment security. Please consider if this is what you want. Consult your own attorney because IANAL.

This is because you speak ostensibly as an insider member of the community with strong connections to the lead developer and representing yourself as knowledgeable about virtually all the people who own any Aeon shares.

I don't say this to put you down. Rather I am just trying to help you, same as you recently tried to help me on my health issue. Btw, coconut is very anti-fugal. I am drinking coconut milk every day. I seem to do much better since I discovered the guy who presses the milk out of the coconut meat because the meat includes too much fiber bulk (I believe the milk is the concentrated oils with the capyrlic acid). I am nearly 10 days into putting this milk in my meals every day. Seems I feel a lot worse when I don't have it. So maybe there is something to your theory. I think it is possible I have both bacterial and fungal (and maybe even viral too) infections. My immune system appears to be overloaded. I had dermatitis on my face which is an inflammatory reaction. Pain in in the gut area indicates maybe a candida overgrowth.

exciter0

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:58:35 PM

If the hash rate continues to climb past 400KH/s, I doubt you'll find many sellers at the current bids. It takes over 50 average machines to mine just $12/day so I would think most miners would sit it out with a loss.

Regarding up to 1M AEONs lost, I think that's a fair assessment. I am aware of at least one individual who have lost the pk to a 200K wallet.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄ G O L D M I N T ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬ Blockchain based platform which operates Gold-backed Cryptoassets ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ BLOGTelegramSlackANN ThreadTwitterReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:06:21 PM

The logo for 'ion' would be an orbiting ion for the 'o' and a lightning bolt come from left, bottom, behind, and through the 'n' to the upper, right. The 'i' could optionally have the same treatment as for 'clickZ'.

If we don't use ion (ion.cash domain), I will offer to donate this smooth (appreciation for all his interaction and help in the past) if he wishes to use it instead of Aeon. Or to another serious coin. It is a good name especially for a technology (technophile) focused coin.

I have thought about diversifying with AEON too (I remain most interested in Boolberry) and prices still seem very reasonable.  Are there any guesses about how long after the .9 release before a GUI can be ported to AEON? I can deal with it if I have to but I am not a huge fan of the CLI. It is easier to convince non tech savvy friends to use something that has a GUI too.

I do want to warn you that by pumping the expectation of gains (your firm statement there are only buyers and no sellers) thus creating an implied investment contract under the law as I interpret it, I do believe you are converting this coin into an unregistered investment security. Please consider if this is what you want. Consult your own attorney because IANAL.

This is because you speak ostensibly as an insider member of the community with strong connections to the lead developer and representing yourself as knowledgeable about virtually all the people who own any Aeon shares.

I don't say this to put you down. Rather I am just trying to help you, same as you recently tried to help me on my health issue. Btw, coconut is very anti-fugal. I am drinking coconut milk every day. I seem to do much better since I discovered the guy who presses the milk out of the coconut meat because the meat includes too much fiber bulk (I believe the milk is the concentrated oils with the capyrlic acid). I am nearly 10 days into putting this milk in my meals every day. Seems I feel a lot worse when I don't have it. So maybe there is something to your theory. I think it is possible I have both bacterial and fungal (and maybe even viral too) infections. My immune system appears to be overloaded. I had dermatitis on my face which is an inflammatory reaction. Pain in in the gut area indicates maybe a candida overgrowth.

Ugh.. I assume you're talking to me. (You have quoted funnyman21)

Actually I was making a statement of fact. It is nigh impossible to get hold of Aeon OTC. (Believe me I've tried). AmericanPegasus requested he was on the look out for a bulk purchase. The best method is currently waiting and accumulating via Bittrex. I don't know how else I could have phrased it.

As to your mold situation. Destroying fungal infections (or an extended yeast byproduct) is the easy bit, and you most likely would have already achieved this with your greens/tuna diet. The hard part for you is removing the mycotoxins from your fat cells and brain. There are a number ways of detoxing the lymph system - cholestyramine is the gold standard. Niacin, sauna and exercise is another. Detoxing the brain is a bit more complicated. (Sleep mainly)

But the key thing is to find out how and where you were/are being exposed to mold. My guess is the air conditioning system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: