Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:08:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:40:48 PM

Fair enough. But monero also merged fixes done by zoidberg in boolberry. Does that make boolberry a testbed for monero?

I don't think that AEON is just about trying stuff out to see if it works and can be ported to monero. Am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken. It is a separate coin with its own identity.

The "testbed" idea comes about because being much smaller and with a stated purpose that is more experimental in nature (though this does not mean we will implement every stupid idea just because it is "experimental") mean that some things like pruning are hard forks are easier to pull off and more likely to happen here. But that doesn't make it just about porting things to Monero. As someone else noted a few comments back, both are open source and free to exchange ideas and code whenever it makes sense to do so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zana

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:58:06 AM

What price do you guys believe AEON can reach in the next few months?

With Monero being more used at Darknet would you guys expect to people be more interested at AEON as it has similar features?

Looking the price now of AEON it seems to be cheap with the future potential. Just my opinion.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1438

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:36:45 AM

Fair enough. But monero also merged fixes done by zoidberg in boolberry. Does that make boolberry a testbed for monero?

I don't think that AEON is just about trying stuff out to see if it works and can be ported to monero. Am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken. It is a separate coin with its own identity.

The "testbed" idea comes about because being much smaller and with a stated purpose that is more experimental in nature (though this does not mean we will implement every stupid idea just because it is "experimental") mean that some things like pruning are hard forks are easier to pull off and more likely to happen here. But that doesn't make it just about porting things to Monero. As someone else noted a few comments back, both are open source and free to exchange ideas and code whenever it makes sense to do so.

Would that mean Aeon that will be more cutting edge in the future? I can also see that it would be better for Monero to have Aeon as a test bed in a real chain in a real world setting than testing it in a Monero test net.

If you are a speculator and want to see what is in store for XMR, you must check out Aeon's github first. Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:50:09 AM

What price do you guys believe AEON can reach in the next few months?

With Monero being more used at Darknet would you guys expect to people be more interested at AEON as it has similar features?

Looking the price now of AEON it seems to be cheap with the future potential. Just my opinion.
I think it mostly depends on two things: XMR price and poloniex.

The higher XMR goes, the more interest there will be in other cryptonote coins. With a large increase in XMR value I would expect an even larger increase in AEON. The volume on bittrex reached ~150 BTC at peak which is very little, in comparison BBR had about 10x as much volume on poloniex. So getting AEON on poloniex would be very bullish since AEON is generally considered a better buy than BBR.

XMR increase to ~0.03 and AEON on polo and I think we could easily see 0.001.

rickgejr

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 03:02:13 PM

I speculate that we are going to start seeing those RV's rolling around.

Except this time, you'll see "Monero" splashed on the side, instead of "Bitcoin."

The "Monero" RV will park at the beach-side RV Resort and off in the distance, just around sunset, there will be a yacht. Big, fancy, modern.

On the Yacht, Smooth will be smoking a...cigar.

And others are on the yacht as well.

Arux is telling Smooth that his "cigar" smoke is bothersome and to get the hell out of his office -- so he can go over some new algo's for AEON improvements.

American Pegasus ("AP") is sitting on a sofa, in shorts and a Panama hat, with his laptop opened.

The back deck is a little windy and several advertising execs, sweating in expensive suits, are pitching their latest ideas to AP.

Samm007 is there, pacing around a trio of bankers from Switzerland. She's agitated about the new website designs and decides to take the speed boat over to the beach to check on the old man -- Fluffy Pony. And maybe pilfer a good bottle of wine.

The rest of the clan are there too. In smaller sailboats. Other RV's.

A few planes fly in and land at a local airport.

Rickgejr, head of security, is monitoring the traffic around the yacht and on the phone to a ship, posted just over the horizon. It seems that the Russians and Chinese have subs in the area.

There is an important meeting about to begin.

It's fun to speculate...
StratisKing

Activity: 938
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 03:12:05 PM

Aeon is skyrocketing with monero because it also uses cryptonite tech, maybe the price could be higher if xmr pump is not over.
ipsec

Activity: 584

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 05:39:06 PM

When will one of these be available?

There would be the people to ask since they just integrated Monero:

http://about.bitwa.la/bitwala-is-now-accepting-monero/
Photoshop rulez Cheesy
BTW some news about listed this coin in poloniex ?

rickgejr

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 03:14:14 PM

@ipsec

BTW some news about listed this coin in poloniex ?

Smooth indicated, on the main thread, that Poloniex could add AEON -- again -- after the Monero rebase in the near future.

But it is not assured.

Personally, I am a "Smooth" supporter. American Pegasus too. But I'm a late comer.

Been trying so many cryptos, my head spins, without the alcohol.

After all my research -- in a layman's sort of way -- I wound up on the AEON bandwagon less than a year ago.

It isn't easy to use and I don't like that off-brand GUI, so I stick with a simplewallet setup.

I just have a gut feeling that AEON has serious potential. This is based upon all the reading of the Monero/AEON boards, listening to the meeting minutes etc., and watching things develop.

Off all the other cryptos, these two (AEON and Monero) are running public commentary, unlike Bitcoin and sons.

I realize all is not publicized.

Add to this, that these coins are far more secure than the run-of-the-mill crypto.

Are they perfect? No. But it's a step up. IMO.

Even things like Zcash bother me because the Dev's are public. How hard would it be to pressure them to crack open the safe, so to speak?

My hope is that this form of corruption will be reduced, if not eliminated in a AEONic System.
rickgejr

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:03:34 AM

I recently -- within the last six months or so -- read Digital Gold, by Nathaniel Popper.

It's "old hat" now.

It was okay, but most of the info, I'd already gathered on the web.

I think we need to look at Aeon as a Digital Diamond.

This is not about simply digging out and processing a rare earth element.

This is about creating a brilliantly faceted digital diamond.

Think on that for a moment...as you trade whiffs of electronic smoke.

rickgejr

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:30:43 PM

I want to install a couple of these, when available...

(By By KryptoNatasha (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons -- adapted with AEON Logo)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1438

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 05:31:44 AM

I want to install a couple of these, when available...

(By By KryptoNatasha (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons -- adapted with AEON Logo)

Is that real? Don't you think it will be risky to install something like that when it is not even sure if Aeon will be adopted? Or are you just saying that? Because even bitcoin ATM are not widely used and to consider that bitcoin is they most widely cryptocoin.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Recoon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 08:24:56 AM

how is the daily trading volume and liquidity of Aeon?
rickgejr

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:01:52 AM

@bbc.reporter:

Is that real? Don't you think it will be risky to install something like that when it is not even sure if Aeon will be adopted? Or are you just saying that? Because even bitcoin ATM are not widely used and to consider that bitcoin is they most widely cryptocoin.

If AEON becomes popular in the CryptoNote - Nite series, I imagine that a Monero ATM would not be out of the question. And if so, AEON would be like the Litecoin to Monero.

Traditionally, Bitcoin ATM's -- in good locations -- did a lot of business. I don't see why a Monero/Aeon ATM would not do a modicum of business.

But you are right. I'm just "saying this."

Naturally, we would need serious adoption to install one; but even this is not true, since these cryptocurreny ATM's can offer multiple coins now.

This is just one idea. There are smartphone apps, devices and so on, that can be used for the same purpose.

The point is to let everyone out there know that there are serious people supporting Aeon.

I'm one of them.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:05:42 AM

I go to Black Rock City for a few days, without internet, and AEON goes up 4 or 5 times. Wink
I notice Monero went up a lot too so I assume these moves are related. Was there some news in Monero (or Aeon)?
xiaokele

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 05:30:59 AM

@bbc.reporter:

If AEON becomes popular in the CryptoNote - Nite series, I imagine that a Monero ATM would not be out of the question. And if so, AEON would be like the Litecoin to Monero.

Traditionally, Bitcoin ATM's -- in good locations -- did a lot of business. I don't see why a Monero/Aeon ATM would not do a modicum of business.

But you are right. I'm just "saying this."

Naturally, we would need serious adoption to install one; but even this is not true, since these cryptocurreny ATM's can offer multiple coins now.

This is just one idea. There are smartphone apps, devices and so on, that can be used for the same purpose.

The point is to let everyone out there know that there are serious people supporting Aeon.

I'm one of them.

By the way ...
http://www.coindesk.com/big-four-accounting-firm-deloitte-now-running-bitcoin-atm/
TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:41:51 AM

I think volume will go up once it is added to Poloniex and Bitsquare.

I would also like to see it added to MoneroForCash.com:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608959.0
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:10:44 AM

Ooh aeon just got kinda cheap.  I grabbed a little stack.

Watching...
xiaokele

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 05:42:19 AM

That looks like the re-entry point I've been looking for Smiley
rickgejr

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 04:29:31 PM

I've been watching LBRY (LBC's) of late. They are a public blockchain, plus more, with an interesting twist.

They want to compete with Netflix, iTunes, YouTube and others, using an almost censorship free delivery method.

Not sure if this is STEEM-like or not. But STEEM is a public blockchain, right?

My point is, it would interesting if AEON could be used to fund a non-company model of LBRY.

A way to point the users to personal computers, without divulging locations and identifications, where we could store videos, blogs and other content, that we are willing to rent, share and sell.

A system that will, like Storj or LBRY, then shard content on a separate or child-blockchain systems, thereby reduce the bandwidth problems.

LBRY does not have this. They are corporate and ultimately, censored. I don't care what their website says. They won't make it much farther than YouTube or Netflix, after the lawsuits and agents take aim.

It sure would be nice to watch un-slanted news, private movies, read racy blogs and find new music -- all unspoiled by the advertisers and ratings organizations; not to mention the FCC.

But rather than embed this tech inside AEON, like DigitalNote does with it's messaging, perhaps we need a separate LBRY-like system, tied only to CryptoNote/CryptoNight-Lite.

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:46:21 PM

I've been watching LBRY (LBC's) of late. They are a public blockchain, plus more, with an interesting twist.

They want to compete with Netflix, iTunes, YouTube and others, using an almost censorship free delivery method.

Not sure if this is STEEM-like or not. But STEEM is a public blockchain, right?

My point is, it would interesting if AEON could be used to fund a non-company model of LBRY.

A way to point the users to personal computers, without divulging locations and identifications, where we could store videos, blogs and other content, that we are willing to rent, share and sell.

A system that will, like Storj or LBRY, then shard content on a separate or child-blockchain systems, thereby reduce the bandwidth problems.

LBRY does not have this. They are corporate and ultimately, censored. I don't care what their website says. They won't make it much farther than YouTube or Netflix, after the lawsuits and agents take aim.

It sure would be nice to watch un-slanted news, private movies, read racy blogs and find new music -- all unspoiled by the advertisers and ratings organizations; not to mention the FCC.

But rather than embed this tech inside AEON, like DigitalNote does with it's messaging, perhaps we need a separate LBRY-like system, tied only to CryptoNote/CryptoNight-Lite.

this is a great idea! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: