Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1438

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:31:37 AM

@Febo. That means the interest from the market has gone, apart from the Aeon community and our very own market maker. I know who you are hehehe.

I expect Aeon to go down further and hopefully low enough to hit my bids.

Also, here is a chart update. Aeon is still in a good range but you know what to do if it goes below that lower trendline hehe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:29:28 PM

I have been waiting patiently to recover my AEONs and then some (but I do always keep a stash untouched).

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:35:32 PM

It seems now we have 3 teams fighting for who will made the best rebase and claim the bounty. To bad this effort was not made earlier to catch 2017 crypto hype.  But on the other hand we would get earlier Monero code then. With less improvements.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:56:54 AM

@Febo. I reckon all 3 teams will receive their fair share of the bounty, with hardest workers in DrParadox's team from what I have observed on Reddit. But it was without their own share of controversy hehehe. Someone was accusing them of trying to get the community behind in copying Monero's bi-annual hard forks and also having RingCT activated.

I reckon activating RingCT would be Aeon's biggest mistake. I agree with Fa-yer. Aeon should stay lightweight, must be easy to sync and we should follow smooth's plan to wait for the implementation of Bulletproofs before RingCT's activation. 

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:14:37 PM

@Febo. I reckon all 3 teams will receive their fair share of the bounty, with hardest workers in DrParadox's team from what I have observed on Reddit. But it was without their own share of controversy hehehe. Someone was accusing them of trying to get the community behind in copying Monero's bi-annual hard forks and also having RingCT activated.

I reckon activating RingCT would be Aeon's biggest mistake. I agree with Fa-yer. Aeon should stay lightweight, must be easy to sync and we should follow smooth's plan to wait for the implementation of Bulletproofs before RingCT's activation. 

As I know RingCT will be part of the code just not activated. So basically can be activated at any time in future if needed. I mean probably will be hard fork needed  so not at any moment really.  I dont know what will happen with the bounty. For sure I am glad that it was set since it encouraged people to start the rebase. Start is probably the hardest thing, since latter you get motivated with the results.
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:49:34 PM

As I know RingCT will be part of the code just not activated. So basically can be activated at any time in future if needed. I mean probably will be hard fork needed  so not at any moment really.  I dont know what will happen with the bounty. For sure I am glad that it was set since it encouraged people to start the rebase. Start is probably the hardest thing, since latter you get motivated with the results.
AEON is a sleeping giant imho. It is the biggest of my bags right behind XMR and ZEC.

Will hold this one at least until x10. Target is around 300k sat.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:17:40 AM

@Febo. Yes, I am aware of that. Smooth already said it would take extra work to remove RingCT from the code and if it was going to be activated in the future, it was better to leave it in.

@witch. A higher price would be good but that's not the aim. Think about a lighter version of Monero but just as private and decentralized.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thxminer

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:02:46 PM

It seems now we have 3 teams fighting for who will made the best rebase and claim the bounty. To bad this effort was not made earlier to catch 2017 crypto hype.  But on the other hand we would get earlier Monero code then. With less improvements.

Wow, those are good news indeed; the last time I checked Reddit I didn't saw any movement around the rebase, but I see it's flourishing! That was the info I was searching for, many thanks for commenting it!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:55:19 PM

Wow, those are good news indeed; the last time I checked Reddit I didn't saw any movement around the rebase, but I see it's flourishing! That was the info I was searching for, many thanks for commenting it!

In USD term price went up x20 in last year, what is of course much bigger reason for coin owners to push forward the  rebase.  That is why things moved much faster as they did in past.

Few days ago i went check number of transaction on AEON and was surprised with the number. I did expected there would be much less. I did not found any exact source, but just count them from last 50 blocks and was like only 5 times less then in Monero.  My number could be totally wrong. Does anyone maybe know where we could see number of AEON transaction in last month or similar statistic.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:19:22 AM

@Febo. I reckon all those transactions are made by the botnet miners moving their coins to other addresses or maybe to the exchanges to dump Aeon.

There is no reason to think that Aeon is used anywhere else other than speculation.

Also, botnets, arguably, comprise 71% of Monero miners. I could envision it's the same percentage for Aeon.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:29:18 AM

Volume is absolutely anemic on bittrex atm. Will be interesting to see if things pick up when one of rebase candidates gets some traction.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:12:47 PM

@Febo. I reckon all those transactions are made by the botnet miners moving their coins to other addresses or maybe to the exchanges to dump Aeon.

There is no reason to think that Aeon is used anywhere else other than speculation.

Also, botnets, arguably, comprise 71% of Monero miners. I could envision it's the same percentage for Aeon.

No one can tell how much mining share have botnets operators in Monero. Can be 99%.

I also think that most transactions are made by miners, but it is same in Monero to. Approximately same amount is mined a day.

Volume is absolutely anemic on bittrex atm. Will be interesting to see if things pick up when one of rebase candidates gets some traction.

Volume will for sure pick up. AEON will be probably added to quite few exchanges relatively fast, since is still decent sized crypto coin an exchanges prefer them more then tokens.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:42:52 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 03:20:23 AM by bbc.reporter

@jwinterm. I agree. I hope Aeon is listed back in Poloniex soon after rebase.

I reckon it was delisted because Aeon had a one man development team, and low Github activity than the lack of trading volume.

@Febo. So Monero is already 51% attacked? Maybe an argument could be made not to tweak the mining algorithm and allow Asics then. Sometimes an unpleasant decision has to be made for the security of the network.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:56:34 PM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

I reckon it was delisted because Aeon had a one man development team, and low Github activity than the lack of trading volume.

@Febo. So Monero is already 51% attacked? Maybe an argument could be made not to tweak the mining algorithm and allow Asics then. Sometimes an unpleasant decision has to be made for the security of the network.

If it would be atacked you would first notice if blocks would start getting mined irregularly.  I am sure miners would notice the first hours if attack would happen. So we can be pretty sure that Monero was never 51% attacked.

If 99% of mining on Monero is made by botnets that dont mean that all those botnets operators would suddenly decided to work together and start spiting in their own food and do 51% attack that would reduce their revenue in the future.   Bot nets operators try to stay as anonymous as possible. So is sort of impossible to think 1000 of them would suddenly made a big bot net Monero operators conference where they would discus the possible attack.

ASIC mining would help the possible attacker yes. Because governments or corporations or someone really influential and rich could mch easier do it. Even cooperate to do it. Since with difference of botnets operators, USA and China government know each others phone numbers.
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:51:53 AM

What do you guys think about a crowdfunding of the Poloniex listing for AEON? I would be ready to spend some BTC or AEON for getting this done.
heggerZ

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:22:02 AM

stoffu's rebase has been declared the Functionally Complete Rebase by Smooth and is now RC1. See post on AEON ANN thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg30398999#msg30398999
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:37:38 PM

When BTC gets ~$16,000 and the altcoins are pumped again, we'll see some more crypto fever. If BTC hits the $40-$50K range in the next year or so, as some are predicting, you'll see a whole new level of crypto fever.
Anyway, the party's just getting started.  Wink
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:33:01 AM

Some people who participated in the bounty said their code was copied and they will not take the issue sitting down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y0wnj/smooth_declares_stoffus_pr_as_the_winning/

While I agree in smooth's decision in choosing stoffu's code over the rest, I reckon Dr.Paradoxical and his team will cause some drama for claiming that their code was stolen by stoffu.

This will not be good for the price. Prepare for operation buy Aeon hehehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:32:19 AM

Some people who participated in the bounty said their code was copied and they will not take the issue sitting down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y0wnj/smooth_declares_stoffus_pr_as_the_winning/

While I agree in smooth's decision in choosing stoffu's code over the rest, I reckon Dr.Paradoxical and his team will cause some drama for claiming that their code was stolen by stoffu.

This will not be good for the price. Prepare for operation buy Aeon hehehe.

The avengers team.

Well in Crypto anything is positive. Only negative thing is if there is nothing.   Seems AEON is back on track.

"Other submissions will be declared runners up, will also receive a portion of the bounty, and are encouraged to submit their value-add, if any, as individual PRs following the conclusion of the rebase task."

So all good.
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:32:41 AM

heh, "operation buy aeon" is commencing soon  Smiley

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: