Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
heggerZ

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:28:05 AM

Some people who participated in the bounty said their code was copied and they will not take the issue sitting down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y0wnj/smooth_declares_stoffus_pr_as_the_winning/

While I agree in smooth's decision in choosing stoffu's code over the rest, I reckon Dr.Paradoxical and his team will cause some drama for claiming that their code was stolen by stoffu.

This will not be good for the price. Prepare for operation buy Aeon hehehe.

Open source code stolen  Roll Eyes. Horseshit drama Smiley

Smooth has already confirmed all teams who submitted working rebases will be rewarded from the bounty. Storm in a teacup by developers who should know better; stoffu has stated in reddit comments he will not take his portion of the bounty reward; that is unfair and he should b justly rewarded as per terms of the bounty
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:38:56 AM
Merited by Kemarit (1)

@heggerZ. More drama coming from one of Dr.Paradoxical's team members.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y3vrw/my_personal_opinion_on_stoffus_pr/

Then he makes a new thread that says what's done is done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y8aw2/whats_done_is_done_lets_get_hype_about_the_near/

I hope this is the end of the drama, but I do not trust them. I will believe they have made peace if it comes from Dr.Paradoxical himself.

@boomboombazookajeff. They did not give us a chance. Someone else bought those cheap Aeons hehehe. We know it's you pegasus!

@Febo. I reckon stoffu us not accepting the bounty after the accusations against him.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:50:19 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y3vrw/my_personal_opinion_on_stoffus_pr/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y8aw2/whats_done_is_done_lets_get_hype_about_the_near/

I hope this is the end of the drama, but I do not trust them. I will believe they have made peace if it comes from Dr.Paradoxical himself.

@boomboombazookajeff. They did not give us a chance. Someone else bought those cheap Aeons hehehe. We know it's you pegasus!

@Febo. I reckon stoffu us not accepting the bounty after the accusations against him.

I remember one developer posted weeks ago he dont want the bounty, but i think that was the third one. Let me check. No it was stoffu.  But 9 days ago so way before he won:

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7w4dtj/rebase_submissions/
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:56:18 AM
Merited by megadeth (1)

I remember one developer posted weeks ago he dont want the bounty, but i think that was the third one. Let me check. No it was stoffu.  But 9 days ago so way before he won:

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7w4dtj/rebase_submissions/

I'm still against the idea of bounty, at least for this rebase, and am refusing to take the reward.
heggerZ

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:35:40 PM

I'm still against the idea of bounty, at least for this rebase, and am refusing to take the reward.

I would disagree against both points, the bounty was needed to get this long awaited rebase across the line, AEON needed this rebase badly. As per the original bounty terms it was not set out as winner takes all but a shared bounty, from my view smooth is spot on with his decision to select your rebase submission.

The Redditard threads are to be ignored, all working rebase submissions will receive reward, it would seem from Reddit it is a who can piss the furthest competition rather than who produced the best code. You have produced the best code, as per peer review, you should take your portion of the bounty award as you duly deserve it.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:50:21 AM

@stoffu. But the bounty was needed to encourage developers to work and to have the rebase done more quickly.

If someone stepped up before all the drama, we would already be enjoying LMDB. Running an Aeon node now is a pain.

I am not saying it's you. But I was surprised that there were capable developers on Reddit when the bounty was offered. Where were they before the bounty?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
stoffu

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 02:37:39 AM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

@stoffu. But the bounty was needed to encourage developers to work and to have the rebase done more quickly.

If someone stepped up before all the drama, we would already be enjoying LMDB. Running an Aeon node now is a pain.

I am not saying it's you. But I was surprised that there were capable developers on Reddit when the bounty was offered. Where were they before the bounty?

I've been following Aeon since April 2017, and as I understand it, the task of rebase has been kept to smooth himself only, and he kept saying something like "the work is almost complete, the pre-release will be up next Monday" or "because the task is almost complete, volunteer help from other developers won't be necessary nor useful". I don't remember the exact wording, but I'm pretty sure that was the state before the bounty started. Posts like this (https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/78nylr/whats_stopping_other_coders_from_helping_with/) were also common, without much response and progress.

Then in late December, katiecharm made this post (https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7laim2/20000_aeon_rebase_bountydev_contract_possibly/). This time smooth reacted differently, and released the task of rebasing to the community with the huge bounty. This immediately triggered DrParadoxically to speak up and make a lot of promising and ambitious words.

I personally don't like competing with people, and their team sounded like somewhat competitive, so I just thought I wouldn't need to step up and let them do the job and get the reward. In other words, the bounty disincentivized me to work on it. I ended up stepping up because smooth implied in his recent post (https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7v03ct/clarification_about_goals_and_process_of_rebase/) that the rebase effort may not be going too well, and some emergency help may be needed.

If instead smooth declared that his rebase work isn't going to complete soon, and released the task to the community, but without any bounty, I would have started working on it immediately. The task itself turned out to be not that difficult for me, so we could've had the rebase done much earlier like September 2017.

I'll keep refusing to receive the reward, not because the avengers falsely accused me of stealing their code, but because I want to demonstrate that the bounty can sometimes have negative impact. I'm not saying that other developers shouldn't work for bounties in general; I might even join a bounty race for some cases. I just wish there weren't a huge bounty for this rebase, so that this shit drama wasn't caused in the first place.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:10:37 PM

I've been following Aeon since April 2017, and as I understand it, the task of rebase has been kept to smooth himself only, and he kept saying something like "the work is almost complete, the pre-release will be up next Monday" or "because the task is almost complete, volunteer help from other developers won't be necessary nor useful". I don't remember the exact wording, but I'm pretty sure that was the state before the bounty started. Posts like this (https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/78nylr/whats_stopping_other_coders_from_helping_with/) were also common, without much response and progress.

Then in late December, katiecharm made this post (https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7laim2/20000_aeon_rebase_bountydev_contract_possibly/). This time smooth reacted differently, and released the task of rebasing to the community with the huge bounty. This immediately triggered DrParadoxically to speak up and make a lot of promising and ambitious words.

I personally don't like competing with people, and their team sounded like somewhat competitive, so I just thought I wouldn't need to step up and let them do the job and get the reward. In other words, the bounty disincentivized me to work on it. I ended up stepping up because smooth implied in his recent post (https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7v03ct/clarification_about_goals_and_process_of_rebase/) that the rebase effort may not be going too well, and some emergency help may be needed.

If instead smooth declared that his rebase work isn't going to complete soon, and released the task to the community, but without any bounty, I would have started working on it immediately. The task itself turned out to be not that difficult for me, so we could've had the rebase done much earlier like September 2017.

I'll keep refusing to receive the reward, not because the avengers falsely accused me of stealing their code, but because I want to demonstrate that the bounty can sometimes have negative impact. I'm not saying that other developers shouldn't work for bounties in general; I might even join a bounty race for some cases. I just wish there weren't a huge bounty for this rebase, so that this shit drama wasn't caused in the first place.

thank you for the clear explanation (and naturally for your work).
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:50:34 AM

@stoffu. I reckon the bounty was only offered because smooth was not going anywhere with the rebase. Whatever his reasons are, I am sure they have something to do with his busy schedule in real life and in Monero.

In any case, I feel relieved that your code was chosen. I do not trust Dr.Paradoxical to be quite honest, especially after he tried to have community consensus in activating RingCT. I reckon he might have something else under his sleeves.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:42:57 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 01:58:04 AM by estenity

the rebase's bounty has been distributed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7yk668/rebase_bounty_incentive_awards_will_be_as_follows/

however for us all, most important is the bottom message:citation begins

"I'd like to thank everyone who participated for their extreme effort in this project, and all the hours of hard work they put into it. I hope both community and the participants realize that our intentions are for the good of Aeon, always. Ultimately it is critical we make the most elegant possible changes to Aeon's code to keep it as compatible with Monero as possible so it will be easier to merge additional features.

I truly hope all participants will continue to work on improving the Aeon protocol, while remembering that in this game we must completely check our egos at the door - it's not about who gets credit, and who's name is up in lights. It's about what's best for the movement above all. Aeon is a neutral technology that transcends identities, and we need to unite under its banner as one force, indivisible.

Always remember that this technology will help change the destiny of billions of people on this planet - all of us reading this are simultaneously so inconsequential in the face of this vast mission, and yet also so incredibly important to its realization.

Unite and be one team. Stay one team. We must become of one intent, and that intent must be priority above all. Together we have the awesome destiny of reshaping this world into something better, and I can't imagine a more humbling charge in all the Earth today".

citation ends.

i would add that things have moved on, and this is very important also.

then comes smooth's post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7y0wnj/smooth_declares_stoffus_pr_as_the_winning/

"There are still some discussions going on among the bounty sponsors and once we work out all the details I will post a complete explanation of the results and the process. I wanted to make a prompt notice on the PRs so the participants have an idea of the direction things are going in and do not misdirect future efforts".

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:30:01 AM

Unite and be one team. Stay one team.

That is what Aeon needs to move forward. We do not need the drama and the competition between 2 or 3 different teams. I hope Dr.Paradoxical can find the courage to admit that he was wrong and start working on the code instead of bringing the project down because he felt he was cheated because he wasn't.

My support is for stoffu. Please be the head of development if smooth allows it.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
stoffu

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:25:41 AM
Merited by bbc.reporter (3), estenity (2)

Unite and be one team. Stay one team.

My support is for stoffu. Please be the head of development if smooth allows it.

+1

Thank you for your support. But please remember, it's an open source project. One doesn't need smooth's approval to contribute. As long as the produced code is high quality, anyone can become a developer.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:49:35 AM

Chart update. For those who considered that they have missed the Aeon train. Well the train is coming back to fetch more passengers should you choose to ride it hehehe.

With the code rebase actively being tested by the community, I reckon we will have an official release by the end of March. Be sure to be in the train by that time.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:41:25 PM

@BBC.Reporter, the low price is a welcome thing. I've been waiting a while to restock. Setting my buy orders at 30 (ish) sats.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:37:47 AM

Setting mine around that price but I have more waiting below that. I reckon that there will be disappointed and impatient investors who will be willing to let go some of their Aeons to buy another altcoin hehehe.

Placing some bids on 25k sats to 30k sats would not only be good for the average price of your Aeon portfolio, but it would also be good for supporting the market.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:01:23 PM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

Setting mine around that price but I have more waiting below that. I reckon that there will be disappointed and impatient investors who will be willing to let go some of their Aeons to buy another altcoin hehehe.

Placing some bids on 25k sats to 30k sats would not only be good for the average price of your Aeon portfolio, but it would also be good for supporting the market.

I dont think there is any place for any disappointment at this time. After years of staying on same spot AEON finally started walking with huge steps ahead.  I don't think many that are not aware of this bought any AEON. Those that did will not be impatient with their coins. End of this year will for sure look great.
johnnie18

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

I tried mining AEON using the CPU... but it is a waste of time and electricity coz very slow mining... the AEON vs USD is nearly 3 USD...
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:28:34 PM

Unfortunately, I did not sell these coins when their price was about $ 10, and now will the cost return to this mark? I think this will not happen in the near future.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:08:18 AM

@dzelenyanskiy. Yes you should have.

I also suggest that all newbies sell now and stop thinking of holding Aeons if it is becoming a burden instead of something that they want to be a part of.

What we need are real supporters, not those people who are in it for the money.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:54:33 AM

@bbc.reporter you called the weak hands a while ago. Happy to see my buy orders hit @28k sats. Feels like a good price for now.

@johnnie18 then mine something else or re-purpose an old phone or computer for AEON mining.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: